[GDT] LA @ Vancouver - Monday, March 25th - 6pt/9et - SNP/W/O/E/650.

3 hours ago, tas said:

edmonton was the best one. 

oh no, they're only 10 points back with 5 games in hand! errr... 4 games in hand now. 2 games in hand?

are all the people quaking in their boots about Edmonton winning the division still afwaid now?

I don't think anyone was in a panic at all. It was just a very interesting season and race. Only the emotionally fragile needed to defend the Canucks every step of the way. Edmonton certainly made a fantastic run at it. Almost epic. We just matched them all the way. A fantastic effort and credit to the team and just an absolutely awesome season.

When you're on a sports team your best course of action is to always assume the other team wins their games in hand and then shoot to beat that. Both teams should be quite happy with how things turned out. 

Time to get zeroed in on the playoffs.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Sativika said:

Beat LA. Kill the Kings!

And Slay their asses to oblivion!

LET'S GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!:towel:

That's my buddy playing keyboards in the Rainbow video! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tas said:

I can think of at least one person (cough stawns cough) doom-saying about the oilers having a "very good chance" of winning the division as recently as a couple games ago. 

laughable. 

To hell with him. He's a friggin' monkey grinder.

44 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Nice tilt with Miller and Kempe....Miller handed Kempes ass to him...

That's hilarious, in the 2nd video with the brawl, Jim Robson says...

"Smyl's very strong, but he's not a particularly good fighter," and then... BAM, Smyl upper cuts the schmuck and rocks 'em! 😆

That's why you want guy's like Steamer on your team.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't think anyone was in a panic at all. It was just a very interesting season and race. Only the emotionally fragile needed to defend the Canucks every step of the way. Edmonton certainly made a fantastic run at it. Almost epic. We just matched them all the way. A fantastic effort and credit to the team and just an absolutely awesome season.

When you're on a sports team your best course of action is to always assume the other team wins their games in hand and then shoot to beat that. Both teams should be quite happy with how things turned out. 

Time to get zeroed in on the playoffs.

Ahem, they were the ones that had to match us. Just pointing out a fact there. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

No one on the team has played a playoff game at Rogers Arena. I can't wait, it's going to be so exciting, every game is so important.  Miller's going to carry this team on his back to win.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

If the canucks can go 6 - 5 rest of the season than the Oilers would have to go 11-1-1 or 12-1-0 to overtake us in the division.

I think its pretty safe to say the canucks will end up with the division title.

With that in mind I hope the Canucks start giving Podz, Juulsen, Aman, Bains, Karlsson, Raty a chance and some real minutes as you never know if we may need them in the playoffs I.e. injuries

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

It was the certainty with which it was said that we mock. 

Ah, okay I must have missed that part. I thought it was an odd argument all around but didn't say anything. Hockey tends to go down to the wire whether you're fighting for first overall or a wildcard. Every team has a good chance if they win more than their adversary down the stretch, until they run out of games.

It was definitely still very much a possibility this last week. Now it's a little more clear after Edmonton lost two very winnable games. They could still get close ... but I think all the games are catching up with them finally.

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ahem, they were the ones that had to match us. Just pointing out a fact there. 

My apologies for not phrasing it the way you like. 😆 Tough crowd lol.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

As they should have been. They still had a somewhat decent chance just several days ago. We squeaked by Buffalo, beat Montreal, and the Calgary game came down to the wire. If we lose 2 of those and Edmonton wins their last 2 (Toronto and Ottawa) we're only 2 points up, and yes they would have the (ridiculed for some reason here) 2 games in hand.

How is this so hard to acknowledge for some people? It's just the simple truth, and math. It doesn't mean you don't like the Canucks or some weird idea like that.

I already broke down the math even before the last 2 games. 

Projections, even counting their historic 16 game win streak as part of the trend starting Dec 21st, would leave them 2-3 pts out of the division title. 

That trend would be nearly impossible to continue but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt and even with that in mind, probabilities showed it was highly unlikely they would win the division. 

Too funny. Oilers are first round exit material. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Only the emotionally fragile needed to defend the Canucks every step of the way.

No one has defended them every step of the way. Especially during losses, the mistake filled periods, the lack of discipline at times, the awful Minnesota game, the slump, etc.

But when we're winning and on our game ...

It actually takes strength to defend the Canucks in the midst of ongoing attempts by some who try to marginalize the team's success in such a successful season.

I would urge more to do it actually.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Canucks could go winless and oilers win rest of the year. Let’s not be happy til we actually win the division. I’d hate to be cocky and lose it to oilers after all this time at the top 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

No one has defended them every step of the way. Especially during losses, the mistake filled periods, the lack of discipline at times, the awful Minnesota game, the slump, etc.

But when we're winning and on our game ...

It actually takes strength to defend the Canucks in the midst of ongoing attempts by some who try to marginalize the team's success in such a successful season.

I would urge more to do it actually.

I meant this specific circumstance of defending them to the point that they ignore simple math ... like getting upset when someone points out that 5 games in hand equals 10 possible points, minus a 10 point lead, equals a 0 point lead.

To me that's a little overboard. Nothing wrong with correctly addressing where you are in the standings in my opinion. In fact, as an athlete and competitor it's vital to winning and understanding what you need to do in order to win.

• Cheers 3