[GDT] LA @ Vancouver - Monday, March 25th - 6pt/9et - SNP/W/O/E/650.

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Vegas wins in OT after Buchnevich misses a penalty shot.

Welp, if we win tonight we're in. 

Hope they heard about that in intermission and it inspires them 

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

EP certainly hasn't been looking like a playoff threat to anyone since he signed his contract.     While JT has been and he is entitled to an off game once in a blue moon - he's earned it.   Hopefully EP can dial things up in time for the playoffs beacsue if he plays like this in the post season, it's going to be short 1 series playoff for us because JTM can't do everything while are supposed number one player coast along in la-di-da fashion. 

Go play with a catapult.

Coyote-Catapult-Fail-.gif

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I am talking offensively, and am not saying JT has been playing badly because he hasn't. But offensively this game that line has been invisible, but again when you are playing with a guy who is a healthy scratch when we are healthy you are shorthanded. PDG looks good on the 4th line at times, because he plays lesser competition, put him against better competition and you can tell he shouldn't be there.

That’s a fair assessment. I think part of the problem with it, is when you play against the trap you have to dump the puck in and punish the D. So far we’re not hitting the D hard enough or often enough. This is a game where having Joshua instead of PDG would probably make a huge difference. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

There'd going to be a lot more holding Interference etc in the playoffs...

Both LA amd VGK are heavy physical teams both are playoffs type teams.. 

I'd much rather play NSH... not a doubt..

Tbh there seems to be no easy 1st rd opponent no matter what. LA, Vegas, and Nashville will give us problems in one way or another. We must go through them in a likely a long series.

Other than Vegas getting knocked out of the playoff race, I say just let the teams fall where they may be.

23 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think it's pretty fair to pick other teams. We're a mystery after last year, especially if you're not a Canuck fan. If there weren't 7 other elite teams I'd question it but it's basically an 8 sided coin flip at this point. You've also got Edm, Dal, Col, and Vgs all significantly more experienced in playoff hockey.

Granted. I do think it will be tight to get to the cup this year, but we will get that crucial experience now for later, and we have a nice shot to get to the 3rd round..from there, anything can happen!

• Cheers 1

This shift was a perfect example of what not to do. Hughes just needs to shoot that at pads while everyone is standing around the front of the net. Instead he circled around twice and we lost possession without a sniff.

• Like 1