[GDT] LA @ Vancouver - Monday, March 25th - 6pt/9et - SNP/W/O/E/650.

17 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Ah, okay I must have missed that part. I thought it was an odd argument all around but didn't say anything. Hockey tends to go down to the wire whether you're fighting for first overall or a wildcard. Every team has a good chance if they win more than their adversary down the stretch, until they run out of games.

It was definitely still very much a possibility this last week. Now it's a little more clear after Edmonton lost two very winnable games. They could still get close ... but I think all the games are catching up with them finally.

My apologies for not phrasing it the way you like. 😆 Tough crowd lol.

I think this was only the start of their busy schedule. 2 more back to backs coming up real soon. 

• Cheers 4

18 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

My apologies for not phrasing it the way you like. 😆 Tough crowd lol.

Just giving you a ribbing. 

EDM was supposed to do it, we weren't. So who deserves more credit? 

• Cheers 4

8 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

Remember when everyone was talking about how we were only ahead because we had played more games? Now we’re even in games played and still in first.

but but the points %

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barn Burner said:

That's hilarious, in the 2nd video with the brawl, Jim Robson says...

"Smyl's very strong, but he's not a particularly good fighter," and then... BAM, Smyl upper cuts the schmuck and rocks 'em! 😆

That's why you want guy's like Steamer on your team.

Very true 😂👊🏴‍☠️

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I meant this specific circumstance of defending them to the point that they ignore simple math ... like getting upset when someone points out that 5 games in hand equals 10 possible points, minus a 10 point lead, equals a 0 point lead.

To me that's a little overboard. Nothing wrong with correctly addressing where you are in the standings in my opinion. In fact, as an athlete and competitor it's vital to winning and understanding what you need to do in order to win.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't get upset at that at all. The Oilers have had a great season. I think it all really depends how one is using it in a discussion. For example (not saying you), to suggest or imply fans should be worried or concerned because of the Oilers games in hand could cause people to get upset ... or that the Canucks are somehow a lesser team because of games in hand or a weaker team.

As an athlete and competitor, as a result of understanding your place in the standings and what you need to do, it's also key - perhaps even more - to understanding how you are different than those above and below you and what strengths you have that they don't and then draw confidence from that knowing.

• Cheers 3

35 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

It's not easy. Years of failure. I expected us to regress badly this year but screw it. This team has come back from downs and won big games and broken records all year. 

I just want them to play their game and come through when it matters this year. We never have, so why not this year. Experience be damned, go and take it, it's a wide open league, why fear anyone, let them fear us.

Trust me, I get it. I'm right there with you. I feel the pain. You could actually see this shaping up when the team went on the remarkable run with Bruce. 

This season is a really great example of letting go of the past, having an open mind, and the importance of having hope. A lot of us lost all hope or found it extremely hard to have hope after the past 7-8 years of Benning. It was brutal. 

If anything, this season is an opportunity for some to re-evaluate and actually enjoy being wrong.

We're getting what we wanted.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Just giving you a ribbing. 

EDM was supposed to do it, we weren't. So who deserves more credit? 

We definitely do ... we're up by 10 on those McJokers 🤑

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I was under the impression he was just visiting and then heading back to Sweden.

Any word on if that has changed or if he’ll actually get some games in?

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I was under the impression he was just visiting and then heading back to Sweden.

Any word on if that has changed or if he’ll actually get some games in?

They said he MIGHT get 1 game. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1