Sean "Diddy" Combs Officially Indicted on Charges of Sex Trafficking and Racketeering

13 minutes ago, Thats a small body said:

Who were the other 2 people he mentioned?

T.D. Jakes...

Thomas Dexter Jakes (born June 9, 1957) is an American non-denominational Christian preacher. He is the senior pastor of The Potter's House, a non-denominational American megachurch. Jakes's church services and Evangelistic sermons are broadcast on The Potter's Touch. He is the author of many books and also produces films.

16 hours ago, Canuck You said:

I DJ'd around that era at almost every club DT, Bad Boy had some pretty good artists like early Shyne, Black Rob, Craig Mack and of course Biggie..But I agree That Mase, Puffy bumble gum music was whack..Also I am biased because i am a big Pac fan but yeah..

Also back then we didn't have the luxury of taking your laptop around, We had to carry crates of records to our gigs and those were not cheap records. I choose my music carefully and bought mostly old school vinyl and stayed away from that fluffy crap.

Black Rob!  Nice taste there, the only one I'd add would be The Lox.  Other than those exceptions, I blame Bad Boy for the East Coast losing its gritty sound and paved the way for the decline of the genre artistically.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Black Rob!  Nice taste there, the only one I'd add would be The Lox.  Other than those exceptions, I blame Bad Boy for the East Coast losing its gritty sound and paved the way for the decline of the genre artistically.

Completely forgot about the Lox, Styles P and Jada are great.

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Canuck You said:

I DJ'd around that era at almost every club DT, Bad Boy had some pretty good artists like early Shyne, Black Rob, Craig Mack and of course Biggie..But I agree That Mase, Puffy bumble gum music was whack..Also I am biased because i am a big Pac fan but yeah..

Also back then we didn't have the luxury of taking your laptop around, We had to carry crates of records to our gigs and those were not cheap records. I choose my music carefully and bought mostly old school vinyl and stayed away from that fluffy crap.

Yes there were some good artists around at that time.

As for an 'Era' in music though I found it weak compared to the the previous decades. 

BTW, I bet we ran into each other. I worked clubs from mid 90's to 2011. Van DT core. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

As for an 'Era' in music though I found it weak compared to the the previous decades. 

BTW, I bet we ran into each other. I worked clubs from mid 90's to 2011. Van DT core. 

I attended a ton of hip hop shows in Van in that era 😉 

I didn't find anything to do with Puff other than Biggie listenable though 😄 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Agreed, late 80s, 90s and early 2000's was the best..All went to shit after! I can't imagine playing the crap that's around today which most likely killed my desire..Still get on the decks here and there and do some scratching..Weddings is where it's at now, Better money and older crowds.

2000-2012ish was when I gig'd , Bet we have seen each other around.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I am surprised that Russell Simmons avoided jail considering how many women accused him of rape and sexual misconduct.

Who knows, maybe his time is coming up.

He scooted of to Bali, (not shady at all) Doubt they can do anything, I don't think they have extradition.

• 1 month later...

People on Twitter/X of course dropped a community note today on that post from last year where he denies that he did this.

Also, the race hustlers that previously claimed that everyone was attacking him only because he's black and successful, are suddenly pretty silent.  A whole lot of people are calling them out.

• 3 months later...
  • Elias Pettersson changed the title to Sean “Diddy” Combs arrested in NYC following a grand jury indictment