[PGT] Kings at Canucks

8 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

From Pahlsson to Sundin to Arvidson to Samuelsson to Erickson to O.E.L. and now Lind-🏠.......The Swedish Washboard Continues.........

It's been over 25 years - when will we learn!

Maybe it's you who should learn the game

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

• -dlc- featured and pinned this topic
10 hours ago, J-23 said:

We win that game with Lindholm, Demko and Joshua. Team needs Lindholm, forward group was not good in their own end tonight in my opinion.

1st Kings goal was unacceptable, can’t happen.

Also we need to stop looking for the perfect play in a game like this. Just shoot everything on net.

!00%.... Crash the flipping net, and good things happen....Physically we more than matched the Kings...

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Slegr said:

Canucks still in a much better position than Bo Horvat when it comes to playoffs. Remember him?

who.... who cares about Bo Horvat... done and dusted...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

10 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Doughty's leg flailing is hilarious. 

Imagine reviewing this game as the refs & seeing you got played this badly. Embarrassing. 

when I saw Doughty's head snap back with blood I was SHOCKED that the zebras didn't give us 5 and a game penalty for that follow thru

• ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Garland - Petey - Joshua

Gotta try it. That Garly/Hoggy combo works against smaller teams that play a more open game. Against bigger trap teams you need a big body on that line.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I'm actually looking forward to watching LA dismember the Oilers in the first round. 5 games, 6 at the most. 

then watch McDoofus whine like crazy..... oh, boo hoo, they checked us too hard and the ref's didn't call 10 pp's for us each game. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Playoff-like intensity at times. These teams are learning to hate each other. Canucks held up okay, by the looks of it, they seemed to hand out a lot more hits. Would they be a lot better with Demko, Lindholm and Joshua?  Absolutely. 

Petey needs to start elevating his game, especially as the pre-playoff intensity ramps up. Hey Petey, if Lafferty can do it, so can you.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Playoff-like intensity at times. These teams are learning to hate each other. Canucks held up okay, by the looks of it, they seemed to hand out a lot more hits. Would they be a lot better with Demko, Lindholm and Joshua?  Absolutely. 

Petey needs to start elevating his game, especially as the pre-playoff intensity ramps up. Hey Petey, if Lafferty can do it, so can you.

You need to be able to handle the puck to be able to do that though. From watching him it seems like his mind is moving quicker than his hands and he’s constantly mishandling the puck.

This is why Tocchet has been on him about his practice habits. Some games he looks super dialed in and confident, other games he looks like he has no idea what to do with the puck.

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, Darth Canuck said:

A few years ago, I helped my father in law build a temporary fence on the farm. We using large 4” nails, which were about 1/4 thick. 

I would rather put one of those nails under a torch and get it red hot and drive that red hot nail into my eye than watch LA Kings style hockey. Holy crap how on earth can any fan be happy to support such boring knuckle-dragging style. 

Kings second goal. Envision Count from Sesame Street…. 1, 1 deflection ha ha ha.. 2, 2 deflections ha ha ha… 3, 3 deflections ha ha ha… 4, 4 deflections ha ha ha…. (First off Cole, then 3 (!) off Soucy). 

(Brock’s goal was luck too, but he actually trying to pass to JT, only 1, 1 deflection)

Canucks controlled most of the game, and were playing hard 4 line hockey until that 3 minute span in the second.
Kings will not survive a 7 game series against us!!!

Go Canucks!!

Yea but the way the Kings play every game is a 50/50 game based on one of those greasy goals.

In that scenario you’re in a game 7 before you know it and the series can be decided off a goal like that.

No thanks. Trap hockey should be dead and buried. Only teams that play not to lose play that way.

• Cheers 1

Went over most of the tape and what strikes-out is the Canucks have got to get better with their line changing. Every team they play will have a different system

on it but ours needs some fine tuning. The Kings were able to make their changes at will, yet we had home ice and didn't counter.

Seems we have most of our problems in the second periods of games. Almost becoming a pattern. 

6 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

A few years ago, I helped my father in law build a temporary fence on the farm. We using large 4” nails, which were about 1/4 thick. 

I would rather put one of those nails under a torch and get it red hot and drive that red hot nail into my eye than watch LA Kings style hockey. Holy crap how on earth can any fan be happy to support such boring knuckle-dragging style. 

Kings second goal. Envision Count from Sesame Street…. 1, 1 deflection ha ha ha.. 2, 2 deflections ha ha ha… 3, 3 deflections ha ha ha… 4, 4 deflections ha ha ha…. (First off Cole, then 3 (!) off Soucy). 

(Brock’s goal was luck too, but he actually trying to pass to JT, only 1, 1 deflection)

Canucks controlled most of the game, and were playing hard 4 line hockey until that 3 minute span in the second.
Kings will not survive a 7 game series against us!!!

Go Canucks!!

sesame street GIF

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Ridiculous. You've said a lot of things, mostly that other teams will slay it and we won't in the playoffs.

The only reason LA won was a couple of lucky bounce off your ass type goals. We outshot them and outhit them 47-25. 

We carried a lot of the play and, really, just got outgoaltendered.

True my biggest reason for not wanting to play them is mostly for entertainment purposes.

Our first real playoffs in 9 years should not be grind it out trap hockey. I wanna see some skill and some back and forth hockey.

Only thing worse than losing a playoff series would be losing a playoff series and getting zero entertainment value out of it.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

With thinking like that, we're not going anywhere in the playoffs at all.

There is no shame hoping for easiest path to the cup 🫣

Ok I know there's no easy path but still it's best to avoid LA.