[PGT] Kings at Canucks

7 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I missed the first two periods. Did hughes-myers do much? I like hughes-hronek much more.

There’s no point splitting up Hughes and Hronek at this stage of the game. Seemed like a message was being sent to him more than anything.

The pairs were fine, execution needs to be better especially clearing the crease.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

72 games into one of the most successful seasons in Canuck history, and we've got folks on this board fretting over a 3-2 loss to a team like that. Two lucky bounces (deflections), and a sloppy change lead to two of their goals.

My only concern was their ability to create the type of chances that you need to create to score in those games.

Not nearly enough pucks and bodies to the net. Would have liked to see a little more jam in that regard.

Our physical play, our pk, and our defending in general was really good though.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

The Kings are lame and boring and we would beat them in a 7-game series so I'm not too worried about the loss. Just some unlucky bounces and a big mistake on a line change. I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs just because they make games so awful to watch.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Logic and track record suggests DJ Blue Gar, but I'd be tempted to role with DJ Petey Gar. You could try Hog Lind Laff or something on the third and then PDG Blue Pods.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Logic and track record suggests DJ Blue Gar, but I'd be tempted to role with DJ Petey Gar. You could try Hog Lind Laff or something on the third and then PDG Sut Pods.

I'd be pretty reluctant to breakup Hogs-Petey-Garland at this point. I'd probably alternate DJ on 3rd/4th line while he gets his wheels back. AOnce up to speed, I'd be tempted to try DJ or Podz on the Petey line, and get the 3rd line really rolling again (DJ/Podz-Lindholm-Garland). Great options with DJ back...lots of depth...just need to ensure Petey gets the talent to keep him going.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

It's post Benning stress disorder 

PBSD is real. Any time there is a potential big trade/signing, any time things don't appear to be right, we immediately jump to the worst case scenario. Because under Benning, almost nothing good happens.

• ThereItIs 2

44 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Lol Z is a beauty 

I am thankful for these types of games before playoffs. 

RT is smart. 

He will figure out how to beat boring defensive games. 

As others have said, prob need more jam, net front presence and greasy goals. 

Anway, better for us to figure it out now vs game 3 when we are down 0-2 in the series. 

We beat them on most metrics besides the score. 

Some tweaking of strategy and those guys are toast

• Like 2

Tough loss in a dreadfully boring game. Need allot more from #40 and not just based off last night. We see how long the week to week diagnosis for Dakota has been, Let's hope it's not the same for #35. A healthy roster heading into P.Os is the best we can hope for. Go Canucks!

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yea but the way the Kings play every game is a 50/50 game based on one of those greasy goals.

In that scenario you’re in a game 7 before you know it and the series can be decided off a goal like that.

No thanks. Trap hockey should be dead and buried. Only teams that play not to lose play that way.

Yup, Kings can win any game almost based on taking advantage of opportunities, bounces, and smothering heavy defence. That's why they are a tough out in a 7 game series ... although they've lost the last two first rounds ... 4-2 and 4-3 to the Oilers.

I have no problem with defensive hockey, do what it takes to win and let everyone else whine and complain about it. I'm sure their fans care more about winning than beautiful hockey. They play a playoff brand and will be stiff competition.

To be honest we play a very similar same type of structured play. We have game breakers though and we score some nice goals. 

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, Kings can win any game almost based on taking advantage of opportunities, bounces, and smothering heavy defence. That's why they are a tough out in a 7 game series ... although they've lost the last two first rounds ... 4-2 and 4-3 to the Oilers.

I have no problem with defensive hockey, do what it takes to win and let everyone else whine and complain about it. I'm sure their fans care more about winning than beautiful hockey. They play a playoff brand and will be stiff competition.

To be honest we play a very similar same type of structured play.

Defence still wins championships.  I've seen LA being put in a lower tier than the top contenders in the West and I don't see it.  The only team that concerns me more is a healthy Vegas.

• Cheers 2

56 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I'd be pretty reluctant to breakup Hogs-Petey-Garland at this point. I'd probably alternate DJ on 3rd/4th line while he gets his wheels back. AOnce up to speed, I'd be tempted to try DJ or Podz on the Petey line, and get the 3rd line really rolling again (DJ/Podz-Lindholm-Garland). Great options with DJ back...lots of depth...just need to ensure Petey gets the talent to keep him going.

Yup. I actually kind of forgot about Mikheyev too when I was speculating. You're spot on, so many options. I liked Hoglander on that fourth line but he's become to valuable ... he's got to be further up in the line-up so I would totally agree. I think Lindholm could end up being a pretty key piece in the post-season ... I just hope he's healthy.

I mean I really think that Blueger might be better off on line 3 than Lindholm if they reunite DJ and Garland, which would maybe push Lindholm up with Miller and Boeser or Petey  again.