[PGT] Kings at Canucks

7 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Nikita Zadorov: “It’s their goal to don't play hockey and don't let the other team play hockey, pretty much."

Never heard that brand of hockey described better.

What a beauty Zads is. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

On a lighter note,

image.png.77960bc0948ab06c7110a4e2160c7549.png

Canucks earning a bit of respect, from MoneyPuck today.

As a rabid Canuck fan, yes for real, we have had tough players of all nationalities that are not Canadian. Extend to the broader NHL, the list is long and illustrious. Start with Ulf Samuelson one of the most hated players ever but every GM would have loved to have him and his 2 rings on their team (note, Domi knocking him out with one sucker punch was smile inducing). 

Move on to Esa "I know 3 English words and can still have a full conversation" Tikannen. Dude oozed toughness when it mattered and pissed off everyone around him, including his teammates.

Zubov, Zetterberg, Elias, some dude named Ovechkin who once told Brashear he would handle his own shit and onto our Sedins who Torts railed at pundits that called then "soft" by saying "they play in the corners and below the hash marks right were the toughest areas to play in are".

Nationality doesn't matter, heart does. 

GO YOU M-FING CANUCKS GO!!

BuT bUt AlL oF tHeM aRe SoFt!

• Haha 4

They are going to have to find a way to break through the trap. LA has beaten us so far this season by a score of 9-5 over 3 games. We are going to have to learn to win these games if we are going to go anywhere in the playoffs. Hopefully we are compiling some footage thankfully we have another opportunity to cut them to sheds before the season ends. 

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

My sentiments exactly. Without Hughes, Hronek is nowhere near worth what he's looking for. I'm glad both the coaching staff and management are doing their due diligence regarding the player. 

Yes, we don't need a derivative 'fat' contract based on playing with a superstar dman.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes, we don't need a derivative 'fat' contract based on playing with a superstar dman.

This management has shown they’re willing to walk away if the number isn’t right. You have to look at a player realistically and not just pay for points and goals.

They saw what Horvat was doing was not sustainable and that they would have to pay way too much for powerplay goals. 

Any D man that gets 8+ needs to be elite at both ends of the ice. Hronek is a good puck mover and matches well with Hughes but he’s not elite offensively and he’s just slightly above average in his own end.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Darth Canuck said:

A few years ago, I helped my father in law build a temporary fence on the farm. We using large 4” nails, which were about 1/4 thick. 

I would rather put one of those nails under a torch and get it red hot and drive that red hot nail into my eye than watch LA Kings style hockey. Holy crap how on earth can any fan be happy to support such boring knuckle-dragging style. 

Kings second goal. Envision Count from Sesame Street…. 1, 1 deflection ha ha ha.. 2, 2 deflections ha ha ha… 3, 3 deflections ha ha ha… 4, 4 deflections ha ha ha…. (First off Cole, then 3 (!) off Soucy). 

(Brock’s goal was luck too, but he actually trying to pass to JT, only 1, 1 deflection)

Canucks controlled most of the game, and were playing hard 4 line hockey until that 3 minute span in the second.
Kings will not survive a 7 game series against us!!!

Go Canucks!!

Chris Pratt Laugh GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

72 games into one of the most successful seasons in Canuck history, and we've got folks on this board fretting over a 3-2 loss to a team like that. Two lucky bounces (deflections), and a sloppy change lead to two of their goals.

The voice of reason... thank you... god almighty, some folks....

• Cheers 4

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This management has shown they’re willing to walk away if the number isn’t right. You have to look at a player realistically and not just pay for points and goals.

They saw what Horvat was doing was not sustainable and that they would have to pay way too much for powerplay goals. 

Any D man that gets 8+ needs to be elite at both ends of the ice. Hronek is a good puck mover and matches well with Hughes but he’s not elite offensively and he’s just slightly above average in his own end.

Yes indeed. 

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It sounds crazy but a player like Joshua could be key to a series like that.

In tight one goal games THE third line and more specifically Dak could be the line that breaks down their defensive wall.

Yup; physical players can change the outcome of playoff games.  GDG!  (Go Dak Go!)

"Once we teach those savages to behave.."  lol

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It sounds crazy but a player like Joshua could be key to a series like that.

In tight one goal games THE third line and more specifically Dak could be the line that breaks down their defensive wall.

I think Joshua, Miller, Hoglander, Garland,  Blueger & Pods are keys to that style of game. They all control the boards and corners very well. 

They usually win puck battles and seem able to hold onto the puck longer, freeing up space for line mates to get open. 

Garland, Hogz & Blueger while smaller in stature are fierce along the boards and corners.   

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Yep.  Guess he never saw Hedman, Landeskog, Holmstrom, the Samuelsson brothers, Kronwall just to name a few.  All Cup winners who brought a physical brand of hockey.  I blame Don Cherry.

Don't blame him too much.   He was a fan of Canadian hockey, and the thing he kept saying over and over again was "don't give me a guy who can play 10 minutes a game and score 20 points from Europe"  - "we've got a hundred guys waiting their turn right here " (fist pump on the desk).    He was right.   And the guys that could play, he loved including Bure.     What he was opposed to, was fourth liners that didn't have any sand paper.    

You missed a bunch a bunch of guys.   That's ok.    And maybe he had a hate on for Russians, that was definitely true of a lot of guys who played in the 70's too.    The wall crumbled, the league expanded, and went to the former soviet union first.   They already figured out they meant business in the 70's and 80's during the Canada cups. 

• Cheers 1