[PGT] Kings at Canucks

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Stupid comment, and completely false. 

Idiotic really.   This is one competitive  advantage this clubs seen since Gradin.   All we have to do is look into the rafters to see who's there.    Just because Naslund and the Sedins didn't get us there, doesn't mean they didn't do their best.    Same with Smyl, Bure and Linden. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

5 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I missed the first two periods. Did hughes-myers do much? I like hughes-hronek much more.

The team didn't give up a lot of shots, so it's hard to criticize, but I wasn't much of a fan of the pairing.

I still like Hughes with Hronek, Zadorov with Soucy and Myers with Cole. When Juuls comes in, he plays with Z and Myer plays with Soucy. (to balance out the L/R)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It sounds crazy but a player like Joshua could be key to a series like that.

In tight one goal games THE third line and more specifically Dak could be the line that breaks down their defensive wall.

I think management will rue the day if it turns out they let Joshua walk because they caved in to Hronek's demands and now can't pay Dak.  Both players fill a need we desperately have to have to be competitive. But you can't overpay one of them in our cap situation.  Not Dak either.

Personally, if it came down to which two players of the four, if we could only keep two:  Zadorov, Hronek, Lindholm, and Joshua?

For me it would be Zadorov and Joshua first.  Joshua brings something to the table we also lack and is not that easy to find.  If Hronek wants too much, then elevate Juulsen as Hughes main partner at least until PA finds another veteran to replace Hronek.  Lindholm will have to prove himself a lot more, hopefully in the playoffs, if he expects to be signed here.

But they all will have to prove themselves in the post season. I might revamp my priority list after the playoffs.  A lot depends on how each of them look during the most important time.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I think management will rue the day if it turns out they let Joshua walk because they caved in to Hronek's demands and now can't pay Dak.  Both players fill a need we desperately have to have to be competitive. But you can't overpay one of them in our cap situation.  Not Dak either.

Personally, if it came down to which two players of the four, if we could only keep two:  Zadorov, Hronek, Lindholm, and Joshua?

For me it would be Zadorov and Joshua first.  Joshua brings something to the table we also lack and is not that easy to find.  If Hronek wants too much, then elevate Juulsen as Hughes main partner at least until PA finds another veteran to replace Hronek.  Lindholm will have to prove himself a lot more, hopefully in the playoffs, if he expects to be signed here.

But they all will have to prove themselves in the post season. I might revamp my priority list after the playoffs.  A lot depends on how each of them look during the most important time.

I would go for both Zadorav and Hronek. We need to build from the net out. I feel like Joshua will be brought back too. Cole will not be re-signed and Myers will be brought back for 2 years 2.5M or something like that. For a D core consisting of:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorav-Juulsen 

To be honest we need to move a forward out. Mikheyev is the best option of eliminating from the roster without losing too much. His money could be used for Hronek, Zadorav, Joshua raises.

I am not a fan of re-signing Lindholm. Would rather have a center depth of:

Petey

Miller

Suter

Bluegar (need to find a way to re-sign him). 

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yea but the way the Kings play every game is a 50/50 game based on one of those greasy goals.

In that scenario you’re in a game 7 before you know it and the series can be decided off a goal like that.

No thanks. Trap hockey should be dead and buried. Only teams that play not to lose play that way.

By a team like that? 😆

I found a good site that breaks down the playoff matchups with probabilities.  As of today they put the Canucks odds at 1st in Pacific at 92% and their matchup will be the Preds @48%, GKnights @21%.   Just hover over the positions and the probabilities/matchups pop up.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/nhlplayoffschedule.html

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

I found a good site that breaks down the playoff matchups with probabilities.  As of today they put the Canucks odds at 1st in Pacific at 92% and their matchup will be the Preds @48%, GKnights @21%.   Just hover over the positions and the probabilities/matchups pop up.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/nhlplayoffschedule.html

Over the decades, you learn that you should never pick or choose your opponent.  Just let the chips fall.  Toronto fans learned that the hard way when they called for Florida.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

You see the value of Lindholm in a game like that...the little things. I am getting tired of people making it sound like the Cam Neely trade

I'm actually calling bullshit on this... because, unless we win the Cup and he re-signs, then we've wasted a lot of assets. 

So no, it's not the Neely trade syndrome, but it's just plain and simple, stupid management. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

I would go for both Zadorav and Hronek. We need to build from the net out. I feel like Joshua will be brought back too. Cole will not be re-signed and Myers will be brought back for 2 years 2.5M or something like that. For a D core consisting of:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorav-Juulsen 

To be honest we need to move a forward out. Mikheyev is the best option of eliminating from the roster without losing too much. His money could be used for Hronek, Zadorav, Joshua raises.

I am not a fan of re-signing Lindholm. Would rather have a center depth of:

Petey

Miller

Suter

Bluegar (need to find a way to re-sign him). 

Myers I will guarantee you will go for AT LEAST 4 Million. He's doing his family disservice for taking a huge paycut. Theres going to be a market for Myers, 6'8 , right hand shot, probably had his best season in a Canuck uniform, he'll get his money

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Over the decades, you learn that you should never pick or choose your opponent.  Just let the chips fall.  Toronto fans learned that the hard way when they called for Florida.

Agree with letting the chips fall....but that said there are favorable matchups.  I think the Canucks would matchup against the Preds better, the hockey will be a little more open and might take less of a physical toll on the team.  Also, would love to see the Kings or Vegas matchup against Edmonton.  Its a personal preference coz i hate the oil.  Vegas and the Kings do a good job shutting down the two man show- guys like Danault do a good job shutting down McDavid (well as much as possible)...but the Kings might not have the high end offence to overcome the oilers whereas Vegas does.  In the end I think Canucks can beat any first round opponent with Demko in net.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Agree with letting the chips fall....but that said there are favorable matchups.  I think the Canucks would matchup against the Preds better, the hockey will be a little more open and might take less of a physical toll on the team.  Also, would love to see the Kings or Vegas matchup against Edmonton.  Its a personal preference coz i hate the oil.  Vegas and the Kings do a good job shutting down the two man show- guys like Danault do a good job shutting down McDavid (well as much as possible)...but the Kings might not have the high end offence to overcome the oilers whereas Vegas does.  In the end I think Canucks can beat any first round opponent with Demko in net.

I believe Nashville is also the worst travel of the bunch.  Maybe it's worth it but it's still a 'pick your poison' type of thing.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It sounds crazy but a player like Joshua could be key to a series like that.

In tight one goal games THE third line and more specifically Dak could be the line that breaks down their defensive wall.

Him, Podkolzin and Miller are those types of players. 

Podz just needs a bit of time to build his confidence up in the NHL. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

That's the entire series run of Seinfeld 

New Jersey Devils Seinfeld GIF by Romy

I actually painted my face like that for the stadium series in 2014.  Devils v Rangers at Yankee Stadium. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I actually painted my face like that for the stadium series in 2014.  Devils v Rangers at Yankee Stadium. 

I lived in Manhattan when the Yankees played the Mets in the World Series in 2000!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Let us never take playoffs for granted again!

And the last series win was the 2011 Western Conference Final.  

It's hard to get back or go deep.  

I am waiting to see them win the first home game this season.  Get that W first.  Lower the expectations but hope for the best.  Need some luck and players to get on a streak to go far. The field is kind of open, and nux could surprise many.  But they are not the favorites like in 2011.  That's totally fine with me. 

• Cheers 3