[PGT] Kings at Canucks

3 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Just for fun.  Gotta try it once in your life.  Friend was a devils fan but I prefer the rangers.  The game was freezing cold, that's all I remember.  

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Just for fun.  Gotta try it once in your life.  Friend was a devils fan but I prefer the rangers.  The game was freezing cold, that's all I remember.  

I'd do it for the Canucks and no one else. I like the Devils more than the Rangers. Hate the Rangers since 94

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

The team didn't give up a lot of shots, so it's hard to criticize, but I wasn't much of a fan of the pairing.

I still like Hughes with Hronek, Zadorov with Soucy and Myers with Cole. When Juuls comes in, he plays with Z and Myer plays with Soucy. (to balance out the L/R)

I thought Soucy and Myers were a great combo before Soucy went down. A combo of Zadorov/Cole/Juulsen on the third pairing imho. Zadorov and Soucy and both left handed. I'am not the biggest fan of loading up big players together and Cole is a stabilizer on those guys pairing. I like him moving to the right if need be.

Ah the more I type the more I'm just going to wait and see lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

I thought Soucy and Myers were a great combo before Soucy went down. A combo of Zadorov/Cole/Juulsen on the third pairing imho. Zadorov and Soucy and both left handed. I'am not the biggest fan of loading up big players together and Cole is a stabilizer on those guys pairing. I like him moving to the right if need be.

Ah the more I type the more I'm just going to wait and see lol.

Yeah, I'd be okay with swapping Soucy and Cole in my scenario. I'd just keep Z and Myers apart. That pairing just didn't seem to gel when they tried it out.

• Cheers 3

19 hours ago, 40yrfan said:

I'm not sure the players can get it on net,they are usually shooting it wide hoping for the deflection, drives me nuts,what's wrong with a shot and a rebound.

Too much traffic. The reason they shoot wide going for a tip is because there are usually 1-2 players in direct line to the net. However, I hate seeing so many shots miss high. Miller is the worst for it. No knocking him, just saying that missing high is a completely wasted shot. 

No chance for tip

No chance for random deflection

No chance for a weird board rebound.

Too many missed shots.

45 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

And the last series win was the 2011 Western Conference Final.  

It's hard to get back or go deep.  

I am waiting to see them win the first home game this season.  Get that W first.  Lower the expectations but hope for the best.  Need some luck and players to get on a streak to go far. The field is kind of open, and nux could surprise many.  But they are not the favorites like in 2011.  That's totally fine with me. 

Wouldn't it technically be the bubble series we beat the Blues?

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Wouldn't it technically be the bubble series we beat the Blues?

Yeah, you are right.  Just not at home.  COVID cup almost felt like it didn't happen. 

No white towels, no car flags on the streets...

My off mood has finally subsided, but not the hate I have for the Queens and Pouty. 

On another note: after 40 years of Nucks mania, I've never had live Play-off experience. Perhaps this is the year. I'll be travelling through YVR at the end of April so might be able to make it to a game. What's the deal with tickets? Any advice on how best to secure one or a few? Is it as simple as waiting for the Nucks ticket site to post play-off seats for sale? Lastly, will I need to drop several hundred?

GCG!!!

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

My off mood has finally subsided, but not the hate I have for the Queens and Pouty. 

On another note: after 40 years of Nucks mania, I've never had live Play-off experience. Perhaps this is the year. I'll be travelling through YVR at the end of April so might be able to make it to a game. What's the deal with tickets? Any advice on how best to secure one or a few? Is it as simple as waiting for the Nucks ticket site to post play-off seats for sale? Lastly, will I need to drop several hundred?

GCG!!!

Yeah, wait for Ticketmaster to go on sale for the tix. Yup, it'll cost you several hundreds. There's also StubHub and those ticket resellers you can check out

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Random jersey questions:

Has the white skate jersey (authentic) ever been available for purchase and is the Canucks Store  the only place to buy authentic jerseys? Choices seem pretty limited there. 

They were available like 15-16 years ago at the Team Store, but no they aren't available anywhere sadly. Unless you buy from like eBay

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

They were available like 15-16 years ago at the Team Store, but no they aren't available anywhere sadly. Unless you buy from like eBay

Well that sucks. My entire 53 year fandom and I’ve never owned a jersey. Would spring for a “white skate” right now if I could. Not willing to spend upwards of $300 unless it’s the one I want. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Well that sucks. My entire 53 year fandom and I’ve never owned a jersey. Would spring for a “white skate” right now if I could. Not willing to spend upwards of $300 unless it’s the one I want. 

What about black skate?

30 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

The so called "pro" or authentic ones are just replicas, albeit looks closer to on ice version (has fight strap) than the regular fan replicas.  If you just want a jersey, no need to spend that much.  

The authentic ones are wore on ice by the players all are made in Canada and the price is much higher depending how you get it. 

This one is blank and in USD:

received_926230762293966.jpeg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dom said:

The Jets are fucking horrible. 

I'm sure Montreal and Ottawa would love to have a horrible hockey team that's won 44 games, lost 22, 5 OTL, for 93 points and the best goals against in the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

The so called "pro" or authentic ones are just replicas, albeit looks closer to on ice version (has fight strap) than the regular fan replicas.  If you just want a jersey, no need to spend that much.  

The authentic ones are wore on ice by the players all are made in Canada and the price is much higher depending how you get it. 

This one is blank and in USD:

received_926230762293966.jpeg

I appreciate your insight. I’ve never really investigated jerseys but am

under the impression that there are cheap knock offs out there for big dollars. 

I definitely don’t want or need game worn . Just want to know my money would be going to the Canucks organization and I’m getting a good quality and likeness of what the players wear. Maybe some of the cost goes to Canuck Charities.