[PGT] Kings at Canucks

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm sure Montreal and Ottawa would love to have a horrible hockey team that's won 44 games, lost 22, 5 OTL, for 93 points and the best goals against in the NHL.

11 shots in 40 minutes. Pretty fucking bad regardless of the season they are having. 

5 hours ago, Jaimito said:

April 23, 2015   =  Last home game playoff win in Vancouver. 

FYI............Last time the Canucks won a series in front of home fans at Rogers was 14 Years ago in 2011!   

Four staright series losses at Rogers since & including the Finals that year.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

Oil win. 

Ya, jets didn’t do anything on their late pp. I knew Oil were going to win as soon as the pp was killed off. McDavid is such a whiner. Yes it was a bad call but you killed it off. It was over. He should get more sportsmanlike conduct penalties. Always whining to the refs. It would put an end to it if he got a few. Just shut up already. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

I'm actually calling bullshit on this... because, unless we win the Cup and he re-signs, then we've wasted a lot of assets. 

So no, it's not the Neely trade syndrome, but it's just plain and simple, stupid management. 

Well said and you're in good company because the majority of "normal" people see this trade as not being beneficial to the Canucks and very short sighted on PA's part. 

We all hope he can get healthy and finally show us all what we were told and promised by PA he could do, when he traded for him, because so far I don't think giving up a massive bounty of draft picks, prospects and a half descent player that everyone loved for a $5,000,000.00 Million dollar old Swedish "face-off dude" - on a short term rental contract - who expects an eyeball popping $9,000,000.00 next year (see article below - LOL) has proven to be in our favor. 

So if he manages to get back in the lineup before the seasons out, I hope his fans enjoy him while they can because there is ZERO chance he'll be a canuck in 3 months, either due to health issues, old age, poor performance or simply due to being overpriced and then we'll all be asking where our draft picks and prospects all went.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/vancouver-canucks-assign-top-prospect-jonathan-lekkerimaki-ahl-abbotsford

typo

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

If the Preds & Jets keep it up, we might just see a Jets vs Canucks first round. 

Those are two teams i think we'd hard-pressed to get past!  Not impossible - just unlikely - especially WPG - who can outmuscle us with impunity.

4 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Those are two teams i think we'd hard-pressed to get past!  Not impossible - just unlikely - especially WPG - who can outmuscle us with impunity.

I don't see us winning a round if I'm being honest. & saying that will bring out all of my haters - but it's just my opinion lol. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

I don't see us winning a round if I'm being honest. & saying that will bring out all of my haters - but it's just my opinion lol. 

I think we can win against certain teams and dependant if the team is fully healthy - especially Demko, because without him I think you're right, that we'll be hard pressed to win a series aspecially the way the team has been playing since All-Star week.

No matter this year is about getting playoff experience because no normal person expects them to win the cup and if they manage to win a series or more - it's all a"BONUS" IMO.   

After this season PA & JR can try to patch some of our deficiences and replace the many players that won't be back as it is expected the team will loose 30-40% of the players by next season as we have 11 UFA/RFA's and we can't afford to keep them all and a couple of guys need to go.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1