[PGT] Kings at Canucks

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'd like to keep both Hronic and Zadorov next year. There will be plenty of bidders for Big Z though. That grit is hard to find.  

I'm not sure it'll be possible if Hronek's salary demands have to begin with an 8. To me, Zadorov is a more important player to sign, as he helps the team play bigger and with much more confidence. His offense is nothing to sneeze at either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Vancouver did pull Desmith with 4:30

left in the game and again after Boeser’s goal. Pretty much one man advantage for last 4 minutes. 

The flipside of that being.....LA had a WIDE OPEN net to fire at for 4 and a half minutes. So there's that. A man advantage but, at one end of the ice, a man missing (and a crucial one at that). Only an advantage if you make sure the puck doesn't go the other way.

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The flipside of that being.....LA had a WIDE OPEN net to fire at for 4 and a half minutes. So there's that. A man advantage but, at one end of the ice, a man missing (and a crucial one at that). Only an advantage if you make sure the puck doesn't go the other way.

That’s why it’s done late in a game. It’s both an advantage and a calculated risk. 

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well they used the word retroactive on Demko so I think it's more of a money thing and doubt it's an indication on whether he'll be in the playoffs. 

Don't know why Bains is coming back unless Lindholm can't.........

Retroactive to free up more money to fit Bains call up I think. 

3 hours ago, stawns said:

That's the rub, I think that's the worst possible matchup for Van.  Stick to your game and put a lot of pucks on net and crash hard.  Make Talbot work......quit looking for the best play, get guys in front and put the puck on net.

Yup. You can't just abandon tight defence and try to outscore them. We can beat them though. Simple playoff hockey. Out work them, commit to defence and capitalize on chances.

We have a bunch of game breakers who need to get hot and I think Lindholm makes a big difference. 

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

I'm going out on a limb and saying Lindholm is done for the season. 

Joshua back out on the ice makes me think he will play Thursday. 

Mik/PDG-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Petey-Garland

Joshua-Blueger-Lafferty

Podz-Suter-Aman

* I think it should be Podz-Miller-Boeser& Mik/PDG-Suter-Aman. 

Edited by Dom
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

That’s why it’s done late in a game. It’s both an advantage and a calculated risk. 

Oh I understand that. But my point was more that it's not JUST an advantage for one (our) team...it does involve risk. The team had to prevent them from scoring in a wide open net so they weren't just gifted anything.