[PGT] Kings at Canucks

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Well seeing as how they said he's "day to day" I thinks it's a stretch to go there.

“Somewhat maintenance and we’ve got to look at some stuff and evaluate every day,” Tocchet said. “I don’t know at this point about [shutting him down], to be honest. It’s about feel and we’ll see how it shapes out day-to-day.”

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

“Somewhat maintenance and we’ve got to look at some stuff and evaluate every day,” Tocchet said. “I don’t know at this point about [shutting him down], to be honest. It’s about feel and we’ll see how it shapes out day-to-day.”

Yes, exactly.

No need to always rush to the worst case scenarios. He's banged up and they're making sure he's good to go.

• Cheers 3

The Vancouver Canucks retroactively moved goaltender Thatcher Demko to long-term injured reserve, the club announced Wednesday.

In a corresponding move, forward Arshdeep Bains was recalled from AHL Abbotsford.

Demko has been out with an undisclosed injury since leaving a March 9 game against the Winnipeg Jets. By moving to LTIR, Demko is now ineligible to return until April 6 against the Kings.

Bains provides extra depth while centre Elias Lindholm deals with an undisclosed injury. Lindholm missed Monday's game against the Kings and his status is unknown.

Bains, a native of Surrey, B.C., made his NHL debut earlier this season and appeared in five games for the Canucks.

The Canucks return to action Thursday against the Dallas Stars.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/vancouver-canucks-move-thatcher-demko-to-ltir-recall-bains/

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Yes, exactly.

No need to always rush to the worst case scenarios. He's banged up and they're making sure he's good to go.

You guys are so funny. It's my opinion and my guess. I can do as I please just like you can all guess and have opinions too. 

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yes, exactly.

Exactly this. Well said ... and simple. No need to go off the deep end 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm still blown away by how bad our development was for years and years, rushing kids into the league, and now to see guys like Bains, Podz, and Hoggy all benefitting and succeeding from the proper development and learning from Hall of Famers ... it really provides hope for the future. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Well seeing as how they said he's "day to day" I thinks it's a stretch to go there.

It's speculation which is defined as the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence, which Dom admitted to. And fearmongering, the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue, is nowhere near the correct description of a hockey fan ruminating over the possibility of a player having a season ending injury.

3 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

Anyone who is worried about the teams toughness in the playoff should have watched this game against LA.

Kings came out being woodsmen and chopping everything in sight, then started running around and the Canucks laid the abuse to them in the hit department.

And then the smallest guy on the team maybe in the league gets in at least 2 major scrums and didn't back down.

If you ever played the game that gets you fired up, when they are fully healthy (soon) we will see who is getting pushed around.

GCG  

The Canucks are no longer a team that other teams knowingly take liberties with on the regular. 47-26 hits for the game.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's speculation which is defined as the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence, which Dom admitted to. And fearmongering, the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue, is nowhere near the correct description of a hockey fan ruminating over the possibility of a player having a season ending injury.

I agree. Doom’s view would be more appropriately labelled as pessimism.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Line ups at practice:

Hogz Petie Garland
Joshua Miller Boeser
Mik Bluegar Lafferty 
Podz Suter Aman

Our scoring is down like about one less goal a game from the beginning of the year. Everyone is getting in playoff mode. Our defense is very good and plays a heavy game. But our forwards have been fighting for space in these tight checking games. I'm glad Joshua is back he'll help with that. He brings push back. Mik Blu and Laff will be a good shut down line and can hold their own against big teams.  

4th line needs to be more physical.  I'd do PDG or Juulsen on the 4th line for support in the 'guts of the ice'. Especially Juul's, his hits can change momentum. 

*I like the idea of adding a big body with Petie. But Garland and Hogz have been nearly perfect as line mates.

** What does Demko's extra cap space mean? Can we add to the roster?

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm still blown away by how bad our development was for years and years, rushing kids into the league, and now to see guys like Bains, Podz, and Hoggy all benefitting and succeeding from the proper development and learning from Hall of Famers ... it really provides hope for the future. 

Hey weren't the Sedins playing when JV, OJ, Horvat etc entered the league?   And others.   This team was always going to have to pay its dues after 14 great years.   Detroit is.   And SJ is just getting started.   We started, when Detroit did.    

10 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

Anyone who is worried about the teams toughness in the playoff should have watched this game against LA.

Kings came out being woodsmen and chopping everything in sight, then started running around and the Canucks laid the abuse to them in the hit department.

And then the smallest guy on the team maybe in the league gets in at least 2 major scrums and didn't back down.

If you ever played the game that gets you fired up, when they are fully healthy (soon) we will see who is getting pushed around.

GCG  

Awesome!!! This post has me fired up! Not a time to be backing down! 

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Hey weren't the Sedins playing when JV, OJ, Horvat etc entered the league?   And others.   This team was always going to have to pay its dues after 14 great years.   Detroit is.   And SJ is just getting started.   We started, when Detroit did.    

I'm pretty sure you understand what I was trying to say in that our system of development is much better, stable, productive, patient and measured. Our approach to development is smarter and the way it should be, which is the difference than the previous regime.

• Cheers 2