[PGT] Kings at Canucks

53 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Every once in a while he makes some really nice plays stickhandling and skating. He has only averaged 19 points per 82 games in his 11 seasons though, and aside from last year isn't a big goalscorer either. Not bad but I wouldn't want to be playing $5 mil plus for a big body 3rd liner. We simply can't afford that.

Before the game Monday when they asked Quinn he said he is comfortable playing with anyone but that Hronek has really elevated his game in a special way and makes him better, and he hopes he has made Hronek better. He seems to think there is a big difference. I would listen to Captain Quinn myself, I think it probably ends up being a mistake if we let him go.

There's no doubt that, by far, Hronny is the most talented partner Quinn has had since he became

an NHL player.  He has had a terrific impact on Quinn's game, while his own game has had

marginally better stats than the season before.  Granted; Quinn has a few years before he

reaches his peak, while Hronny is just on the verge of starting his peak years.

Hronny will be looking for a big $ increase with full term, which will push the Canucks into

making a big decision.  I see a similarity in the Bo situation, where the team salary cap

mandated a fixed price tag, which Bo turned down.

The team would get a great return on a trade, but the outcome would not include a right shot

dman that can (currently) play at Hronny's level.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Another thought which occurred to me is... at least the Kings aren't being taken lightly by this team/fanbase. They could have easily been perceived as one of our "ideal matchups" for the playoffs because they don't possess the firepower of the Oilers or Knights - or even the Preds for that matter (Josi, Forsberg, etc.)! I honestly do not mind seeing the way things have transpired going down the final stretch here. This team should and will be ready for ANYBODY in the first round. Even if it's the Vegas Cheaters, they haven't had the same killer instinct as last year, even if they already have a heavy and skilled team. 

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

Seriously man, you reference the Seals? I know you know he was part of the Kings ‘Triple Crown’ line back in the day. Tough yes, but could put the puck in the net too. Don’t understand the freak flag bit,  elaborate if you want?

I didn't look it up, just went from memory, like the California Golden Seals (?) who became the Kings and assumed Simmer was with them through the change.

Freak flag is the long hair; Crosby Stills Nash & Young, I think, "think I'll let my freak flag fly" or something like that, or was it Country Joe & The Fish or maybe even Creedence Clearwater Revival "like lookin' in your rear view mirror and seein' a police car" apologies for all the errors.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, tas said:

lindholm's "injuries" are as real as ian cole's for his "maintenance days".

it's giving a vet a healthy scratch without embarrassing him and creating a media circus around it. 

This, I’m assuming he needs a mental break after getting traded and then the trade deadline rumours, etc. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

IMG_3324.png.8cf59a7a370730f7a8eac3f8aad33d56.pngIMG_3323.png.61270fb8ee7ac3cdbb127baf96b43ec5.png

Actually, Vancouver had many chances in tight. LAK were the lucky ones to have even scored 3 times with how few opportunities they had in close. VAN played a much better shutdown system, they just were victims of a couple bad bounces.

Well, the pic doesn't lie.  The Nucks had plenty of chances to score, but couldn't get it passed Talbot.

The next game with LA will be very interesting.

On another note, I thought Myers played really well alongside Quinn.  I was surprised by the results of

that matchup.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

I didn't look it up, just went from memory, like the California Golden Seals (?) who became the Kings and assumed Simmer was with them through the change.

Freak flag is the long hair; Crosby Stills Nash & Young, I think, "think I'll let my freak flag fly" or something like that, or was it Country Joe & The Fish or maybe even Creedence Clearwater Revival "like lookin' in your rear view mirror and seein' a police car" apologies for all the errors.

No I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to make you feel bad. I just thought the Seals was a funny reference as they weren’t around for long.

i looked up the freak flag, it was CSN&Y, song called ‘Almost Cut my Hair’ lol.

• ThereItIs 1

10 games out from the playoffs is a long time to melt down about our chances because we lost a game to LA by 1 goal and Lindholm is… doing exactly what we all said should happen and and resting up. 

It’s pro sports.  We are way more likely to lose than win.  That’s what makes it fun. 

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 3

23 hours ago, Darius said:

I found a good site that breaks down the playoff matchups with probabilities.  As of today they put the Canucks odds at 1st in Pacific at 92% and their matchup will be the Preds @48%, GKnights @21%.   Just hover over the positions and the probabilities/matchups pop up.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/nhlplayoffschedule.html

Thanks for this. Nice find. 

We've got 10 games to prepare and get things together. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Dom said:

“Somewhat maintenance and we’ve got to look at some stuff and evaluate every day,” Tocchet said. “I don’t know at this point about [shutting him down], to be honest. It’s about feel and we’ll see how it shapes out day-to-day.”

Source?

Here's on post practice interview.  Said he's not really concerned.  Something little nagging that gets better everyday. 

1:16 mark

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

lmfao Leafs fan 🤣 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20240327_191039_X.jpg

it took the leafs, what, 20 years to get out of the first round? 

why on earth would we value their opinions?

9 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

lmfao Leafs fan 🤣 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20240327_191039_X.jpg

I'd be a pathetic, sad, jealous individual too if I had to cheer for the Leafs! They already know their team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs and are lashing out. I almost feel bad for them!

• Haha 3