[PGT] Kings at Canucks

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm scared we'll follow their model. Petie getting a Swedish bump in pay and Hronek possibly a Huggy bump in pay. We'll be heading towards their top heavy style contract wise. 

Leafs don't have a Huggy... Not even close.   Or a Demko.  Our top two centers are locked up for years at a team friendly cap number. Our wingers come in at 6.5 or less or much less.  Our payroll looks nothing and will look nothing like the Leaves... Unless of course we win the cup soon and inflated pay raises will follow... Then management will have to decide if they'll keep the players or not.  Management has already shown, they'll cut bait if it doesn't make sense long term.  PA and JR are no Dumbasses!

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm scared we'll follow their model. Petie getting a Swedish bump in pay and Hronek possibly a Huggy bump in pay. We'll be heading towards their top heavy style contract wise. 

I don't foresee us paying $7.5M for 8 years to a defenceman who belongs in the AHL.

• Haha 1

Rick Tocchet with latest on Elias Lindholm injury: “I’m not really concerned. It’s something that’s a little nagging that’s getting better every day. That’s how you have to look at it.”

Doesn't sound that bad at all, I did see the shut it down comment. Little bit of confusing. But this is from..

https://canucksarmy.com/news/scenes-canucks-practice-dakota-joshua-miller-boeser-line-lindholm-absent

Is it not time to try someone else in place for Suter on the Pp1? Jeez

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They're top heavy forwards. We are nothing like that. Plus, I have complete trust in Allvin and Rutherford

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Rick Tocchet with latest on Elias Lindholm injury: “I’m not really concerned. It’s something that’s a little nagging that’s getting better every day. That’s how you have to look at it.”

Doesn't sound that bad at all, I did see the shut it down comment. Little bit of confusing. But this is from..

https://canucksarmy.com/news/scenes-canucks-practice-dakota-joshua-miller-boeser-line-lindholm-absent

Is it not time to try someone else in place for Suter on the Pp1? Jeez

The way Hoglander has completely transformed PP2, I have a candidate in mind.

• ThereItIs 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
17 hours ago, tas said:

lindholm's "injuries" are as real as ian cole's for his "maintenance days".

it's giving a vet a healthy scratch without embarrassing him and creating a media circus around it. 

Yeah, he's going to scratch his top face off guy

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah, he's going to scratch his top face off guy

if his top faceoff guy needs time to get his head right, yes, he's going to. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I agree, Gadz, he would be next to impossible to replace.  The problem lies in what the signing $ will be

enough.  Looking at the top paid dman in his age range, he fits right in with the +8m range.  Whether or

not the Nucks can sign him at that price, or how much it will cost the rest of the team, is yet to be seen.

This is hammer meets head... 

In the end its all a question of whether they make the numbers for the 2 years of the OEL recap work...

They have a whole front office working on the numbers, and if they come to the conclusion they can afford him, he stays... otherwise its so long cowboy.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

So a guy needs to figure his game out so he's fake injury leads to him missing practices? Where he would get the most work in for working his deficiencies out... That makes sense. Smoke another one bro! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Right, I mean faceoffs aren't important down the stretch right?

it's a first place team, man, they're not battling for a playoff spot. 

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

So a guy needs to figure his game out so he's fake injury leads to him missing practices? Where he would get the most work in for working his deficiencies out... That makes sense. Smoke another one bro! 

I didn't say figure his game out, I said get his mind right.  very different things. 

4 hours ago, tas said:

If Lindy needs 'time to get his head right,' it wouldn't be considered a healthy scratch.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

If Lindy needs 'time to get his head right,' it wouldn't be considered a healthy scratch.

I think you might be getting a little semantic here. 

3 minutes ago, tas said:

I think you might be getting a little semantic here. 

Honestly, I do not understand what you mean by 'getting his head right'.

Whatever, it's all speculation; we fans don't know what's going on.  For all we know, he could

have a minor physical injury that needs some time away from hockey.

But for one game, I thought he was playing well on the 3rd line.  Certainly not deserving a healthy

scratch status.

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Honestly, I do not understand what you mean by 'getting his head right'.

Whatever, it's all speculation; we fans don't know what's going on.  For all we know, he could

have a minor physical injury that needs some time away from hockey.

But for one game, I thought he was playing well on the 3rd line.  Certainly not deserving a healthy

scratch status.

getting focused, feeling comfortable, maybe getting away from hockey for a couple days to spend with his family and decompress. think about what his season has been like. they want him at his best for the playoffs. 

everybody has a nagging injury at this time of year, nobody is 100%. 

the "healthy scratch" isn't a punishment (which is why they've approached it the way they have, not to embarrass him or create a bunch of controversy around their prized acquisition), it's just a forward-thinking organization being understanding that these people are human beings first and hockey players second and everybody needs a mental break once in awhile. 

8 hours ago, tas said:

That's a pretty silly theory when Tocchet keeps saying he's got a lingering injury. When was the last time a player of his caliber had a mental reset healthy scratch?

Never I'm guessing.

7 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Completely non-sensical. He kept missing practices but played games. Why on earth would they force him to skip practice when he needs to work on his game. I chuckled the first time I read it but I can't believe he stuck by it lol.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Upvote 1