[PGT] Kings at Canucks

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Didn't give LAK much but didn't generate enough. JT line had 0 shots through 2 periods. 

Agreed, the kings didn't get much either.  It was as tightly fought game as you could get.  The kings definitely have Vancouvers number

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Miller was good on the draws but the few times he went against Kopitar on the right side Kopi crushed him.

Could really use Lindholm back for sure. 

Yup, maybe people will begin to see what Lindholm brings to the team.  No coincidence our defensive game excels with him on the roster.  

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

No game till Thursday and we have to have that burning a hole in our brains... yay! 

At least it’s only one game. Long wait if it was a bigger losing streak 

• chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Miller was good on the draws but the few times he went against Kopitar on the right side Kopi crushed him.

Could really use Lindholm back for sure. 

Definitely a rare game where Miller didn't look very good. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

I don’t usually blame losses on bad luck, because I think we make our own luck, but this was literally a matter of more bounces for them than for us. I would like to see us learn how to break through the stifling defensive hockey of a team like that though. We are going to have to learn to open teams up in the playoffs 

we scored on a bounce too - Boeser off kopitar. Goals were Soucys fault on the 2nd one. Should’ve taken the man if he couldn’t find the puck in his feet. And the third goal was Lafferty not getting back in time

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Doughty's leg flailing is hilarious. 

Imagine reviewing this game as the refs & seeing you got played this badly. Embarrassing. 

I give it a 6.4 solid effort just not believable. Embarrassing

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Also we need to stop looking for the perfect play in a game like this. Just shoot everything on net.

Somehow Tocchet just can't seem to hammer that mentality into the players no matter how many times he preaches it. 

Most scoring chances in playoffs happen in the goalmouth with rebounds and getting the puck loose. Looking for scoring a pretty tic-tac-toe goal? Maybe on a 2-men advantage.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Live and learn.  

You have to be able to beat those types of teams in post season.  

One more game vs LAK left in regular season.  They are a potential second round opponent. 

16 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

All I care about is they win the first round so I can watch Play off hockey when I get back home :classic_biggrin:

Where are you going during the 1st rd?