[PGT] Kings at Canucks

5 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That's Brock for you.    If you watch him closely you'll see he nothing but an oportunity Shooter one Trick pony.    No More - No less.

He is slow, uncoordinated, can't pass well, doesn't forecheck or bcakcheck, can't stickhandle, won't chase someone down (as you mentioned) and has never carried a puck across the Blue line in his life - only dumps it in and scatters.    But he is one heck of a Shooter and the only reason he's still on the team.  Just watch him very closely next game if you need any convincing.

His one dimensional play has always had me wanting to trade him, this year especially so because his value was as high as it was ever gonna be recently leading up to the deadline. I think he really brings a top 6 down more often than not because he needs people to feed him which requires somebody to be good for him and when he isn't scoring he's a net negative player.

At least this year we've seen some flashes of him trying to skate (and when he does he's effective but it's too inconsistent). 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Blaming that on Boeser is pathetic. Quinn picked a bad time to change and the player who didn't come on would have had Fiala covered. Do you guys just look at the sportsnet replays?

Hughes literally had two guys who were ahead of the play to cover his change by the time the play was generated.

And had his guy actually gone out on the ice it would have been 3. So blaming it on Hughes is "pathetic". 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

We win that game with Lindholm, Demko and Joshua. Team needs Lindholm, forward group was not good in their own end tonight in my opinion.

1st Kings goal was unacceptable, can’t happen.

Also we need to stop looking for the perfect play in a game like this. Just shoot everything on net.

Did I read that right, Lindholm getting some love. Well I agree

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Hmm

Sundin, Patric Hornqvist, Landeskog, Ulf Samuelsson, immeadiately spring to mind. Edler's practically a mass murderer basd on his DOPS rap sheet. 

From Pahlsson to Sundin to Arvidson to Samuelsson to Erickson to O.E.L. and now Lind-🏠.......The Swedish Washboard Continues.........

It's been over 25 years - when will we learn!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That's Brock for you.    If you watch him closely you'll see he nothing but an oportunity Shooter one Trick pony.    No More - No less.

He is slow, uncoordinated, can't pass well, doesn't forecheck or bcakcheck, can't stickhandle, won't chase someone down (as you mentioned) and has never carried a puck across the Blue line in his life - only dumps it in and scatters.    But he is one heck of a Shooter and the only reason he's still on the team.  Just watch him very closely next game if you need any convincing.

The pass he made to Miller for the slapper the other night was pretty good. The rest I can’t argue with too much, hes faster than last year

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Hughes literally had two guys who were ahead of the play to cover his change by the time the play was generated.

And had his guy actually gone out on the ice it would have been 3. So blaming it on Hughes is "pathetic". 

Fiala would have been covered if the player who didn't come on to replace Quinn had actually come on. There would have been no pass option. Also the idea that the player who didn't come could be at fault instead of Hughes. Such complex concepts.

1 hour ago, 1-d said:

Somehow Tocchet just can't seem to hammer that mentality into the players no matter how many times he preaches it. 

Most scoring chances in playoffs happen in the goalmouth with rebounds and getting the puck loose. Looking for scoring a pretty tic-tac-toe goal? Maybe on a 2-men advantage.

I'm not sure the players can get it on net,they are usually shooting it wide hoping for the deflection, drives me nuts,what's wrong with a shot and a rebound.

Just now, Chicken. said:

The pass he made to Miller for the slapper the other night was pretty good. The rest I can’t argue with too much, hes faster than last year

Of course he has "moments" and this year has been the best I've seen him play - by far.   I've accepted that he has been - and likely always will be - a " One Trick Pony".   That's just who he is.  It's just a matter of whether the Canucks want to keep a guy like that longterm or not.    Until then, I never raise expectations on the guy and take him for what he is - a Shooter.

48 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

That game is on Boeser. Gave up on playing hockey on the first goal and the Kings are the worst team to give the first goal to in the entire league.

Blows me away that if a rookie made that play he'd be in the AHL but he's allowed to do it and get loads of ice time. 

No. There were only 4 guys on the ice on that goal.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Fiala would have been covered if the player who didn't come on to replace Quinn had actually come on. There would have been no pass option. Also the idea that the player who didn't come could be at fault instead of Hughes. Such complex concepts.

Again, wouldn't have mattered if he had a pass option or not the play would have never developed if Boeser didn't decide to put down his controller.

Agree to disagree I guess. Maybe I care too much about players being lazy and giving up on their teammates hoping they'll bail them out so they can keep their legs fresh in the first period. 

38 minutes ago, 40yrfan said:

I'm not sure the players can get it on net,they are usually shooting it wide hoping for the deflection, drives me nuts,what's wrong with a shot and a rebound.

Especially that when other teams just shoot it and we lose with the bounces of those nothing shots (like tonight)

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Again, wouldn't have mattered if he had a pass option or not the play would have never developed if Boeser didn't decide to put down his controller.

Agree to disagree I guess. Maybe I care too much about players being lazy and giving up on their teammates hoping they'll bail them out so they can keep their legs fresh in the first period. 

It wouldn't have mattered if the person who scored the goal was covered or not? Seriously? Yeah, no bias there. If Fiala was covered there would be no goal to whine about.