[PGT] Kings at Canucks

I'm not too upset about this game. It wasn't mistake free, but we controlled most of the play until Kings' got two fortunate bounces in a short span. Sure we got one bounce too, but it's a completely different game against a trap team when it's 2-2 instead of 3-1.  The PDO thing was on their side tonight. 

I'm more annoyed with the embellishment. I think Tocc hates that crap so our team doesn't really do it. That interference play should've been a call on both Boeser and Doughty. There's a reason why I call him douche bag cause I remember he often pulls this crap during the Sedin era and keeps getting away with it because he's a 'smart' player.

Kings play low event hockey that puts their own fans to sleep and they need to rely on this crap to get an edge. I just hope we don't have to deal with this BS in the playoffs. I do wonder how we can overcome when we play this annoying team again next month. Shoot and crash the net? The cycle isn't effective because Kings are strong on the boards and they guard the net well. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

It wouldn't have mattered if the person who scored the goal was covered or not? Seriously? Yeah, no bias there. If Fiala was covered there would be no goal to whine about.

It's simple, the play would have been stomped out before a pass would have even been available. What's so hard to understand?

32 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Man some big names are choosing embellishment against us this year. It's kind of a compliment.

Not interested in compliments. The embellishments result in a penalty against nucks and cause us to lose games (ie. Mackinnon). The refs are so afraid to call embellishment penalties.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

It's simple, the play would have been stomped out before a pass would have even been available. What's so hard to understand?

The goal that you continue to whine about wouldn't have occurred had Fiala been covered. There would have been no pass available. It would have been just another play. The end result of the goal is the basis for your complaining. Fiala scored not Boeser's guy. If Fiala wasn't open there would have been no play. Fiala being wide open is the reason the goal was scored. Get it yet?

I get visions of suckhairass and lice being presented with facts and logic and staring at the camera with dull uncomprehending eyes.

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Again, wouldn't have mattered if he had a pass option or not the play would have never developed if Boeser didn't decide to put down his controller.

Agree to disagree I guess. Maybe I care too much about players being lazy and giving up on their teammates hoping they'll bail them out so they can keep their legs fresh in the first period. 

IMG_3244.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Every time we play LA, it's like this. I'm mad because the coach just doubles down on protecting the 0-0 tie but LA is better at creating the chaos that leads to the bounces. Canucks need to push the envelope because they'll lose 9 times out 10 trying to be something they're not.

Thankfully we likely dont see LA in the first round. Would prefer to play Nashville in the first which would require Colorado to overtake us in the Standings. My preferred bracket. Just need LA to overtake the Kings. 

Van vs. Nsh - Van in 6

Col vs. Vgk - Col in 5 

Dal vs. LA - Dal in 7

Wpg vs. Edm - Wpg in 7 

• Cheers 2

As I've said before, if there is any hopes for the Canucks to go deep into the playoffs they need to avoid LA at all cost. 

The hope is LA doesn't drop to the Wild Card spot Vancouver will have to face or they end up facing Edmonton (who have proven successful against LA in the playoffs)

1 hour ago, Wing said:

I'm not too upset about this game. It wasn't mistake free, but we controlled most of the play until Kings' got two fortunate bounces in a short span. Sure we got one bounce too, but it's a completely different game against a trap team when it's 2-2 instead of 3-1.  The PDO thing was on their side tonight. 

I'm more annoyed with the embellishment. I think Tocc hates that crap so our team doesn't really do it. That interference play should've been a call on both Boeser and Doughty. There's a reason why I call him douche bag cause I remember he often pulls this crap during the Sedin era and keeps getting away with it because he's a 'smart' player.

Kings play low event hockey that puts their own fans to sleep and they need to rely on this crap to get an edge. I just hope we don't have to deal with this BS in the playoffs. I do wonder how we can overcome when we play this annoying team again next month. Shoot and crash the net? The cycle isn't effective because Kings are strong on the boards and they guard the net well. 

It was a frustrating game for me to watch. I do feel like if a team was going to beat us, this is how they would do it. Clog it up and muck it up and score a greasy goal. 

What I don't like is that we get discombobulated so quickly and open it up and give up chances to generate offense when this happens. That 3-1 goal didn't need to happen but we abandoned the game plan as soon as the 2nd goal went in even though we were controlling the play and they got a lucky bounce. 

Kings are so good at board play and protecting the centre of the ice. They are a tough team to play. We need to take runs at Doughty and the rest of their defense. 

More Podz, Miller hits please. 

We're missing a Raffi Torres kind of guy. It'll be nice to get DJ back in the mix. 

I think we beat them if we have Lindholm and DJ over Aman and Digiuseppi 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Artemus said:

Did anyone else notice on the third L.A. goal, the 2nd referee coming to the net and blocking Lafferty's line to the puck?

Not a proponent of the 2nd referee.

I think theNHL should go back to the one ref and maybe some video help for the single ref, if he wants and needs it.

Totally agree. The second referee is right up there with the goal judges, in terms of  usefulness. 

• Like 2

Look how many openings Hughes creates with his skating almost every game.

If you want to blame Pettersson's wingers, start by asking yourself if he creates anywhere close to what Hughes creates.

Does Pettersson generate a ton, only for his linemates to be unable to take advantage? I'd say that's true of Hughes, but not Pettersson.

Glad that Tocchet finally figured out that Pettersson needs play-driving wingers.

He's looked better since uniting with Hoglander and Garland, though wasn't great tonight against a stingy team.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Canucks controlled play but LA executed their trap well. LA got 2 bounces on their last two goals 

Exactly. Not good, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, coolboarder said:

Remember in 2011, for a long time, Sharks have had our number for a long time until that series, we finally overcame them.   If we do meet in the playoffs, whoever has our number, I don't see any reason why we couldn't beat them that seemly have our number.  Whatever the Kings seemly gathering a number of lucky goals will have their luck run out in some point and we start having the bounce, even freak bounces.  The difference is that we don't throw at net that often while looking for open play and they do not even shoot from any angle.  I think that in the playoffs, we show different strategy  What I have noticed and observed that throughout the season, they do not even play the same strategy every game and we were even blending so many different line combinations.  When you are able to maintain possessions, you will eventually break them down and open up their playbook.  So far, the Kings seems to be able to neutral the breakout via the neutral zone.  I think that there will be ways to counter that, their playbook in offensive zone will open up.  Once the playoffs series start, they will adjust in the fly.  Right now they are not showing their hands as one thing is constant is their breakout to neutral zone strategies is same for most part all year long.  I'm sure that the coaches of former all-star know how to break that and choose not to adjust to them for time being as they want to continue their preparation with just 10 games left.   

And we don't need to worry about LA, until we play LA.    

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 43isprime said:

Look how many openings Hughes creates with his skating almost every game.

If you want to blame Pettersson's wingers, start by asking yourself if he creates anywhere close to what Hughes creates.

Does Pettersson generate a ton, only for his linemates to be unable to take advantage? I'd say that's true of Hughes, but not Pettersson.

Glad that Tocchet finally figured out that Pettersson needs play-driving wingers.

He's looked better since uniting with Hoglander and Garland, though wasn't great tonight against a stingy team.

Joshua is starting to look more and more like a catalyst.    Hogs can move to Millers line, and Joshua work his magic with Garland and an elite center ... Food for thought.    Once the post season starts,  QHs and EP are going to be major targets.   

• Cheers 3

We haven't fielded a full healthy roster these past few games. No Demmer, No Daks, and now no Lindy. I mean we were relatively healthy before AS week, (Save for some unfortunate Soucy injury absence!) but we're going through it now aren't we!

I'm confident with the depth that management has provided us. This past summer's free agent acquisitions were pivotal in our turnaround this season. DeSmitty is a great backup for us. It's night and day compared to last season when we lost Demmer to injury. The casualties, Delia and Martin were pelted and our shakey D play wasn't helping back then. Demmer's absence in this window of the season with Casey between the pipes is not in any way a disaster.

Being that the injury bug is upon us later rather than earlier is sort of a boon for our Canucks. As I mentioned earlier in another thread, we get the opportunity to try different line and D pairing combos; a practice that'll surely reward us with adjustments needed to compete in the playoffs. Perhaps the late season injuries speeded up that process. Because of our surprising position in the standings, we're afforded the luxury of playing around with the line ups. Injuries notwithstanding,  I'm sure that was the plan anyways.

I think with a full healthy lineup, we're the team that other teams should fear! No worries. Cocky? Ya. I suppose, but I stand by my sentiment.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!:towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

As I've said before, if there is any hopes for the Canucks to go deep into the playoffs they need to avoid LA at all cost. 

The hope is LA doesn't drop to the Wild Card spot Vancouver will have to face or they end up facing Edmonton (who have proven successful against LA in the playoffs)

With thinking like that, we're not going anywhere in the playoffs at all.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1