OMG Gender Diversity! Thread

1 hour ago, Barn Burner said:

It's far from dumb.  We currently have a right wing movement that has made this a topic that is as important to their brand as the economy and a left wing brand that has made the counter point as important as housing in their platform.

We have legions of misinformed idiots screeching about crap they don't know shit about and kids suffering for it.

It's an important conversation to ahve in general.  Maybe not so important in a hockey forum; but information and discussion is never a bad thing

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

57 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

People are trying to have polite talks on a topic that affects a lot of people, and you come in here and start swearing about it? Who are you to tell us not to participate here?

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, 112 said:

People are trying to have polite talks on a topic that affects a lot of people, and you come in here and start swearing about it? Who are you to tell us not to participate here?

My issue is that fact that there's even a thread about this. 

Why don't you start a thread on world politics and religion while you're at it? 

52 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

There are already threads on world politics and religion. Why are you angry that there's a thread about this? I'm having trouble comprehending.

1 minute ago, 112 said:

There are already threads on world politics and religion. Why are you angry that there's a thread about this? I'm having trouble comprehending.

Personally, I just think it's ridiculous. 

There seems to be a modern day movement on this, but I don't care. 

I keep hearing about this and, to me, it's like, who cares? 

Do what you do, but don't continually shove it down peoples throats. 

Just let people be whoever they are without forcing it on others. 

Does that make sense? 

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Does that make sense? 

Projecting

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

sure, why not? its only an issue apparently pre-transition: see: https://www.bbc.com/sport/46453958

So I suppose for the narrow situation of someone pre-transition, maybe thats a place where they'd have to still compete in their birth gender. 

Most sports also have weight classes, or other categorizations. Seems to me like there would be a natural place for a person to slot in. 

This isn’t true whatsoever, and there is a ton of science to back it up. Not just some generic cbc article that talks about people’s opinions. Post transition, genetic males (I’m referring to genetic as in the make up of the gene) still have large advantages over females, even after years of hormone therapy. Unless the transition happened fully before they hit puberty (extremely rare). It is just flat out not fair to women to have to compete against that. It’s literally just science, not opinion. 

We either need to get rid of the divisional between men and women in sports (which is clearly not ideal), or have a different category for trans athletes. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Does that make sense? 

If you saw the statistics on transgender suicides and victimization maybe you would understand why there's a movement about this. There are also concerning laws and policies already in effect in some places (USA) that target transgender people.

You're welcome not to click on the thread. It's not 'shoving it down a throat' to make a single topic on this single issue.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Don't tell me how to think.

Nobody is telling you how to do anything my dude.  Why is this so hard to understand?

If you don't agree with it like it or care about it.  Just...don't participate in it.  You're in here raging and cussing about it but why?  For someone who doesn't care you're expending a lot of energy on it

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

most sports leagues that allow trans people to compete have rules that state that a person has to be on HRT for a certain amount of time. a trans woman on HRT for 2 years will have not have the testosterone and muscle that's lost over time to give any sort of an "edge" so unless a trans girl starts HRT early in high school, they most likely wont be eligible for the scholarships

They still have an advantage though. As a male they could build muscle mass much easier, and it’s easier to maintain that even after transitioning years later. They just have a biological advantage. I don’t care about trans people at all, I have no problem whatsoever with what anyone does with their life. I just feel very passionate that there is no place for them in women’s sports. The science clearly says they have a physical advantage, no matter how long it’s been. And that’s just doesn’t sit right with me.  

here is the first research study I came across. But trust me, there are tons that all show the same thing. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9331831/

Edited by Pianoman
Adding link
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

They still have an advantage though. As a male they could build muscle mass much easier, and it’s easier to maintain that even after transitioning years later. They just have a biological advantage. I don’t care about trans people at all, I have no problem whatsoever with what anyone does with their life. I just feel very passionate that there is no place for them in women’s sports. The science clearly says they have a physical advantage, no matter how long it’s been. And that’s just doesn’t sit right with me.  

A lot of sports, the "male" competitions are actually open.  Some had female participants.  When they did, it wasn't really close.  See PGA golf, NASCAR, etc.

It's easy.  Female competitions are closed to biologically female participants.  The male competitions are open.  Done.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

As much as I have not taken a side in this aspect of this argument and as much as I am an ally.

There is little argument that can be made that men who transition towards being female post puberty do in fact have significant physical attributes based on their gender of birth that women do not have.  Thicker membranes around tendons and ligaments that allow for stronger or more dense muscle fibres.  Muscle fibres that are thicker and more expansive in the fast and slow twitch aspects.  Higher bone density.  This generally leads towards individuals who are athletes who transition from male to female later on having better overall physical attributes.

As much as this would be something I would love to ignore or stay out of; the truth is in basic human physiological make up.  The later an individual trnaisitions from male to female; the more male attributes they maintain in their physical make up post puberty.

• Cheers 2

Anyway, all this talk of shoving things down throats has made me hungry and wanting to see my wife.

I'm gonna bow out of this thread toot sweet because this will see more people banned than the first 50 pages of the hamas attack thread did in the new forum and I'd like to avoid being one of them.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

This isn’t true whatsoever, and there is a ton of science to back it up. Not just some generic cbc article that talks about people’s opinions. Post transition, genetic males (I’m referring to genetic as in the make up of the gene) still have large advantages over females, even after years of hormone therapy. Unless the transition happened fully before they hit puberty (extremely rare). It is just flat out not fair to women to have to compete against that. It’s literally just science, not opinion. 

We either need to get rid of the divisional between men and women in sports (which is clearly not ideal), or have a different category for trans athletes. 

OK, and? who cares? 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1