[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

• Rocket-68 changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

IMO, Dallas had a slight edge on play last year, goaltending was the difference (Vegas).    They are playoff impressive.     Good test.  Big Test.  That guy who does Family guy in a straight coat.    No essays.   This Dallas club, reminds me of the one who won a cup minus Darian Hatcher and Craig Ludwig (and returned and lost the second try).    Go Canucks Go!  We can beat them.  In the post season too. 

Edit:   Don't think our team has many weakness's either.     Truly hope we get to play Dallas in the post season. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 3

• Jess featured and pinned this topic
20 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Now that would be a sight to see! Deb slinging the Accordian around jazzing up the crowd! LOL

As an aside, I used to play when I wore a much younger man's clothes (yes ripping off a song lyric) ... came 3rd in the world in the AFNA Festival in LA back in 1986 in the open class. Songs I played were Flight of the Bumblebee by Rimsky Korsakov and La Campanella by Franz Litsz.

Damn, that's awesome

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Great read;

The issue I have with "era adjusted", is why wasn't say Lidstrom, the best defenseman in the 90's too?   He was younger.   And it's really simple to say that guys who didn't have to go through hooks and holds and as Gallagher just said, go and sit infront of the net now when that used to be pretty freaking brutal.    How would players manage that today.   You could have a discussion now, with the opposing defense, where for decades you'd be coming home with bruises.   Quite a few. 

Not to sound like a broken record, but after the lockout a whole bunch of guys in their mid 30's had a huge bump in production.  Alfie had his best seasons.  Zubov went from his usual 50 points to 71.   Sakic.  Whomever was left from the 80-90's really.   Naslund didn't keep it up.  The Sedins went got their groove on.    Iginla was traded for Joe New but wasn't the better player at the time.    But became probably the best player of the 2000's.     For me anyways, if a player starts like bullet and keeps it up throughout their career they are in their own catagory.   The only one in club history to do that are QHs and Bure.  

You can't just take numbers compare unless your going by percentages.   And even that doesn't tell the whole story.   Not really.     Shit essay!    

Anyways hell yeah QHs is having a special season, so was JT Miller two years ago.   And today.   And EP last year.    Luongo had one to.   As did the Sedins and Naslund.    Nice that they are getting recognized for it.   

Edited by IBatch

27 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Now that would be a sight to see! Deb slinging the Accordian around jazzing up the crowd! LOL

As an aside, I used to play when I wore a much younger man's clothes (yes ripping off a song lyric) ... came 3rd in the world in the AFNA Festival in LA back in 1986 in the open class. Songs I played were Flight of the Bumblebee by Rimsky Korsakov and La Campanella by Franz Litsz.

That is so awesome. Also....that sounds really tough to play (Flight of the Bumblebee). 

I love this.

• Like 2