[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

23 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Chuckling at the chirping in this forum thread today. It's like a fight during practice between teammates.

People are amped!

No we're fucking not!

GO CANUCKS, REALLY FUCKING GO!

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I can hardly wait, if this is the pre game banter post game on this forum will be great.

As usual it would appear posters who have never bent the twine or skated off bloody from a hockey fight they won are at it again.

GCG

What about those of us who, from the scorekeeper's bench, have flung pucks from an ice cream bucket at guys fighting on the ice. Pinged them right off their helmets? Got first star. 😆

Asking for a friend. 

Playoff game faces are ON. (We are all Canucks, even when we fight)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

As usual it would appear posters who have never bent the twine or skated off bloody from a hockey fight they won are at it again.

Bingo!! If they did, they wouldn't be that way. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I only hope the players are as amped up and kick some Dallas butt! It's time - lets gooooo!

I'd give 'em 'ead-butts!

as per John Otway:

Met this feller really into sport
Fifth-hand karate, you know the sort
"Cor, d'you give him headbutts?"
"Yeah - just like that!"
I gave him headbutts

Viddy: 

Spoiler

• Cheers 1

Ah hockey and a cold beer doesn't get much better, the fact Friday is no work! Even better! My wife said maybe I should take a day off the beers today, I think not! I told her "shit I did dry Jan, that's good for the rest of the year! Don't push your luck!" 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

What about those of us who, from the scorekeeper's bench, have flung pucks from an ice cream bucket at guys fighting on the ice. Pinged them right off their helmets? Got first star. 😆

Asking for a friend. 

Playoff game faces are ON. (We are all Canucks, even when we fight)

Ohhh Deb, tell your friend that I have so many puck bunny comments that I want to use but won't.

Game faces unite shot pass and kick some a$$ 

GCG

• Cheers 1

Apparently about 200 (normally) Canucks fans heading down from Kamloops to see hometown star Logan Stankoven playing his 1st game in his home province. 11 points in his 1st 15 games. GCG!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Go back.......waaaaaay back..... twelve whole months back

depositphotos_13680161-stock-photo-hypno

Think of how much different we feel about this time of year.  ffs I'm excited about tonight's game even.  Just as an indicator of how we stack up.  Go Canucks Go!!!

IMG_5397.thumb.jpeg.e0cb78d8b50cb83a0b749323a5de50dc.jpeg

2 points from clinching playoffs now, last year we were 6 points away from elimination. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Bet you when the Canucks win the cup.

The last game Boeser, Garland, and Lindholm will score.

And despite winning the cup some folks on CDC and CFF will probably complain that Petey and Miller didn't score when it mattered....

Some seem to complain for the sake of complaining.

As I say, always gotta find something to complain about. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Ah hockey and a cold beer doesn't get much better, the fact Friday is no work! Even better! My wife said maybe I should take a day off the beers today, I think not! I told her "shit I did dry Jan, that's good for the rest of the year! Don't push your luck!" 

Game and extra beer day! Bonus! 

• Cheers 2

51 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Wonder what was in Jeff's coffee this morning..🤨

Acid? That was a stupid joke, I mean we all say and do dumb shit but that's not funny at all, or is he going for clever? Lmao idk just made him look stupid haha 

• Cheers 1

I initially thought once Joshua comes back we should reunite the third line right away, but with Petey's line looking a lot better with Garly and Hogz I think it's a great idea to try Joshua with Miller and Boeser and see how that goes. I always thought the third line had great energy but somehow missing that finish at times, whether it's puck luck or lacking a little of that extra skill. If Joshua can retrieve the puck for Miller and ideally set up for Boeser put it in the net that would be the ideal scenario. I'm excited to see what Joshua can do. Hopefully he's not rusty after being out of game action for so long. 

Tocc can reunite the third line when the team needs a spark. 

• Cheers 1