[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ohhhh this is epic.  So glad the "sandlot" line is back together.  What do you think of the name hehe.  Underdogs...gritty sandpaper play.

Edited by ronning4center
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

We drank a lot of that and Kokanee back in our teens…

Haha I honestly never thought Extra Old was a bad beer at all, probably from 22 - 24 was my beer of choice. Lately I just grab a flat of Caribou. But I switch it up all the time get some Coors Banquet on a payday or something haha

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

With Roope, Esa and Miro, these Stars are not to be taken lightly, I honestly think this might be the best hockey game we get to see all season. Robertson, Pavelski, Marchment...the list is as deep as the Canucks. Their records are almost identical too. 

Time for a STATEMENT GAME. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Haha I honestly never thought Extra Old was a bad beer at all, probably from 22 - 24 was my beer of choice. Lately I just grab a flat of Caribou. But I switch it up all the time get some Coors Banquet on a payday or something haha

My first love in Beer Extra Old Stock.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

Ohhhh this is epic.  So glad the "sandlot" line is back together.  What do you think of the name hehe.  Underdogs...gritty sandpaper play.

I like it, but I think you watched too much opening day Baseball today, hahahaha

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

To whoever the three Messier votes are: just know, I will fight you after just two bottles of wine

edit: if my floor was made of Messier's face, i would spit on my floor every time his name is mentioned. I just have too much respect for my floor as is. 

Good thing my post polls are always anonymous ... mind you @-AJ- @-dlc- etc. ... could easily look in the backend and see who they are.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

IMG_3247.jpeg

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

I will definitely look for them on YouTube. They are great musicians and the vid was hilarious too.

You should also check out Meute on YouTube. They have some awesome tracks.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

Good thing my posts are always anonymous ... mind you @-AJ- @-dlc- etc. ... could easily look in the backend and see who they are.

That is something that absolutely should be made public, these monsters walk amongst us.

• Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Good thing my post polls are always anonymous ... mind you @-AJ- @-dlc- etc. ... could easily look in the backend and see who they are.

The post blinded me. I saw a name on there I'm allergic to.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

The first beer i snuck out of Dad's beer fridge. Sniff. 

My Dad had me try Pilsner, and I wasn't impressed. Something about O'Keefe's just was smooth and strong. I blame my Step Brother for giving me a bottle as a 12 year old.

• Cheers 2

Lines are a little odd today but I kinda like it. I've been wanting to see Lindholm with Miller & Boeser with Pettersson, and if Lindholm was healthy the Miller line seems to be where he'd slot. 

It also spreads the players out, each line has enough quality to carry play. That said I wouldn't be surprised if we see Miller's linemates being switched up a bit tonight.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My Dad had me try Pilsner, and I wasn't impressed. Something about O'Keefe's just was smooth and strong. I blame my Step Brother for giving me a bottle as a 12 year old.

I was comparing notes with my sister about how drunk i was at her wedding, she is 11 years older than me. She blinked, stared, blinked again and declared "WHAT??? YOU WERE NINE!!!" 

I had to count on my fingers from my birth year to her wedding year and was like "Oh, so i was. Still, drunk as a skunk...every time the seats emptied to the dancefloor, i had carte blanche to whatever smelled good, puked at 10pm, but stayed till 2am!"