[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

To whoever the three Messier votes are: just know, I will fight you after just two bottles of wine. 

edit: if my floor was made of Messier's face, i would spit on my floor every time his name is mentioned. I just have too much respect for my floor as is. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

That was f—ing awesome! Thanks for sharing, put me in a great mood for the game.

Those guys a bunch of awesome cover songs, great renditions, Whole lotta love -zeppelin is great many good ones 

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Those guys a bunch of awesome cover songs, great renditions, Whole lotta love -zeppelin is great many good ones 

I will definitely look for them on YouTube. They are great musicians and the vid was hilarious too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Miss you TanMan. Will be a cracker of a game tonight boys and girls 

66F56675-1108-4D6D-846B-66DDA3282749.jpeg

E79AEFA8-FD91-437E-ABA7-D531F09E0670.jpeg

I forgot he was with them! We lose tonight:( 

if not us, I wish he wins the Stanley Cup 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Extra old stock? I used to drink that in my 20's and offered my dad one and he said "no thanks son, I don't drink motor oil" and he's not one to turn down a beer lmao. 

We drank a lot of that and Kokanee back in our teens…

Höglander. Pettersson. Boeser.

Bains. Miller. Lafferty.

Joshua. Blueger. Garland.

Podkolzin. Suter. Mikheyev.

With Bains as a place holder, this is an amazing full four lines, WTF are Dallas gonna do???? Even Bains is a decent enough replacement player. 

59 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I might have to go to Washington State and pick up some of this.

But damn does it have bite.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/43153/92/

AB.jpg

I know you said you don’t like chocolate beer. But this one has just a hint of dark chocolate. It’s a stout so thick and heavy but smooth. I quite enjoyed it.

IMG_3246.webp

• Cheers 2

Just now, Captkirk888 said:

I know you said you don’t like chocolate beer. But this one has just a hint of dark chocolate. It’s a stout so thick and heavy but smooth. I quite enjoyed it.

IMG_3246.webp

I picked up 8 bottles of XOXO Pinot Noir, apparently bottled in BC, for 8 bucks a bottle today. As Hitchens famously quipped about his favourite wine: 

"Well if you start with a bottle of Pinot, it really doesn't matter what you uncork after that". I agree. 

• Cheers 1