[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And you actually trust those crooks to call things honestly?  This is a league that still employees Colin Campbell despite written proof of his corporation.  The NHL has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt until they start taking the problem seriously.

Of course I do.  That was close, but it wasn't a high stick........the angle from the back clearly showed that, and that was the angle of the closest linesman who called it off.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KILLER said:

Fuck that. Full fledged Bertuzzied! Broken fucking neck and all.

Better idea: send them to Singapore, hide drugs in their luggage and make an anonymous phone call to the authorities.

• Haha 2

On a call like that, fans should be chatting “Toronto sucks” rather than “refs you suck”. This was a brutal call by NHL. Even during the live play, Shorty said it looked like it was high sticked. It’s looked clear as day in the replays. How much more conclusive does it have to be? Do we need a guy out there holding a tape measurer around the ice?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Dom said:

Okay buddy... you're on glue this time lol. 

It was close, but pretty clear.  It was the second angle where you could see it

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

image.png.21d5857bbef38670b09ac64f6747b09d.png

Any chance we can get this ref for the playoffs?

OK, this is starting to freak me out. 

Earlier, I was cleaning through some stuff in a spare room. Found an envelope where I'd written La Bamba.....and a WWF card.

So in the past hour or two I've seen someone make a La Bamba reference and now this.

These are the two things from the tub I was sorting through. What?? This place can read my mind. Or I'm psychic? 

432222494_10160834343385549_411152067537

432159777_10160834343470549_766209607232

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you watch the full clip, you can see in Robertson's body language that he thought it was a high stick too.  He kinda gives up on the play before he realizes it wasn't called.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

OK, this is starting to freak me out. 

Earlier, I was cleaning through some stuff in a spare room. Found an envelope where I'd written La Bamba.....and a WWF card.

So in the past hour or two I've seen someone make a La Bamba reference and now this.

These are the two things from the tub I was sorting through. What?? This place can read my mind.

432222494_10160834343385549_411152067537

432159777_10160834343470549_766209607232

Such a Mankind move, 😉 haha. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We will likely get another pp with 20 seconds left in the game or 1 pp in total. What's sad right now is that we can’t even get calls to work on the pp. I am just shocked we are struggling to get calls almost every game now. Mind boggling.

Yah, something weird is going on. 

Reviewing a high stick call for 10 mins. goes entirely against the spirit of a high stick call. The angle of his stick was pointed higher than it should’ve been. If they want to argue that Robertson’s left shoulder was dipped low then we can equally argue that his right shoulder was raised higher than normal. A high stick is a high stick and you don’t need to pull out the tape measure to figure that out