[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Crazy we have been getting wins despite having no pp for almost three months. The pp is so frustrating. I am

really not sure if they can solve it with the current personnel.

The PP is very concerning, we can’t have that in the Playoffs.

Just simplify it by….shooting the puck. Lol

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Robinfood said:

So your brilliant idea is to punish the fans?

I don't know where other recourse is left.  Doing nothing isn't working, and calling the refs out only gets fines and even worse officiating in retaliation.  I think most fans would understand that holding the league accountable for the years of match fixing is for the greater good.

Just now, The Aquaman said:

The PP is very concerning, we can’t have that in the Playoffs.

Just simplify it by….shooting the puck. Lol

When they focus on quick passing and quick shots its way more effective.

• Like 1

Hroneks going to get grossly overpaid because he got half his assists from playing it across to Hugh’s this year. Where are we going to find money to keep zadorov . Zadorov and Joshua should be our top priority ufas right now . They make us harder to play against and that’s something this team severely lacks beyond jt Miller 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I don't know where other recourse is left.  Doing nothing isn't working, and calling the refs out only gets fines and even worse officiating in retaliation.  I think most fans would understand that holding the league accountable for the years of match fixing is for the greater good.

Again, there is no pool of better refs, this is as good as it gets.  Deal with it and change the record

Just now, arsenalian said:

This, there’s no movement at all. So frustrating. It’s refreshing when PP2 comes on for their 10-15 seconds as there’s actually movement in that unit

The coach has to make a statement to the top powerplay and start the 2nd unit every powerplay until they start clicking, I’d rather see some effort from guys like pods and Hoggy than watch another 2 min pass fest that just kills time 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya they can keep changing the formation or players all they want.. but it's still goign to produce the exact same result.. it's almost feels like tocchet is teaching them to be positional and always stay in the area you are assigned and be ready to defend short handed chance rather than keep moving.. let player rotate spot.. always skating looking for open space.. the powerplay takes 0 chances

Our powerplay has been like this, and completely shit since we were giving up those shorthanded goals. So it is a very good chance that Tocchet has told them to stay in certain positions to limit shorthanded chances.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

When they focus on quick passing and quick shots its way more effective.

Again my friends the key word is shooting the puck. They are trying to be too cute, lots of skil, just no shots on the net ever/ :..(

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

You can't have reasonable discussions with perpetual victims.  They refuse to accept reality.

I jest a bit, but many here have the same victim mentality of MAGA chuds.  

_5S3eP.gif.d9fb44d81bfc7122b430a4969af183ac.gif

Just now, viking mama said:

I’m stuck with out a car  & heading home on foot!

Can someone give me a sports update - perhaps? Is it going well? 

Score & goal-scorers would be awesome! 

1-1 second internission

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

Hroneks going to get grossly overpaid because he got half his assists from playing it across to Hugh’s this year. Where are we going to find money to keep zadorov . Zadorov and Joshua should be our top priority ufas right now . They make us harder to play against and that’s something this team severely lacks beyond jt Miller 

Hopefully not overpaid by van.  He's a great dman, but he's a $6.5-7m damn 

2 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

This, there’s no movement at all. So frustrating. It’s refreshing when PP2 comes on for their 10-15 seconds as there’s actually movement in that unit

sedin/gonchar in charge of the pp2.. tocchet pp1.. the style difference is night and day

• Cheers 1

Enough mango fuckface references please.

Anyway we're shooting too much from the point without traffic. There is space to drive, guess it's going to be on hogs, garly and josh to do that and hopefully miller, pettey or hughes can drive in second chances.

Soucy's had to shoot way too often lately due to too much passiveness. 

Anyway 20 mins, let's turn it up. Miller's ready, let's get him some linemates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

I’m stuck with out a car  & heading home on foot!

Can someone give me a sports update - perhaps? Is it going well? 

Score & goal-scorers would be awesome! 

1-1 

Miller Canucks

Hintz for stars on PP

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Take a hot shower first? Loosen the back?

Tried that. It didn't do much. Just going to call it. I still have to get through 2 days of work.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

Keep your expectations for the playoffs low guys, cause if this powerplay doesn’t figure it out soon they’re not going far. Had all fucking season to work on it and it’s even worse than at the beginning of the year 

Yup, you're power play needs to at least be average if you want in the playoffs. You can't fail to take advantage of opportunities and hope to win. I'm starting to get worried. It's like no one can explain to Petterson that he needs to shoot the puck.

• Upvote 1