[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

1 minute ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

Hroneks going to get grossly overpaid because he got half his assists from playing it across to Hugh’s this year. Where are we going to find money to keep zadorov . Zadorov and Joshua should be our top priority ufas right now . They make us harder to play against and that’s something this team severely lacks beyond jt Miller 

The silver lining of having all of them as ufas, including Lindholm, is JR has the luxury of seeing how each of them do as playoff performers before making any rash decisions

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

Our powerplay has been like this, and completely shit since we were giving up those shorthanded goals. So it is a very good chance that Tocchet has told them to stay in certain positions to limit shorthanded chances.

which is hurting the team.. when the games are tight.. the special team can make a difference... right now it's making a difference for the other team.. since we will rarely score on the pp.. it's giving the other team momentum killing the pp

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

Enough mango fuckface references please.

Anyway we're shooting too much from the point without traffic. There is space to drive, guess it's going to be on hogs, garly and josh to do that and hopefully miller, pettey or hughes can drive in second chances.

Soucy's had to shoot way too often lately due to too much passiveness. 

Anyway 20 mins, let's turn it up. Miller's ready, let's get him some linemates.

I'm not sure why RT so drastically changed them.  They were going pretty well, despite the loss to LA.  Why change Petey, Garland, hogz?  It makes no sense

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Why one?  Sign them both.  

Like Hronek, DJ might price himself out of van

Good one. But you defeated the question. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Again, there is no pool of better refs, this is as good as it gets.  Deal with it and change the record

WHL and BCHL are consistently better.  IIHF are overzealous but for the most part call an honest game too.  At least a quarter of the guys working in the NHL are clearly either taking bribes or betting on the game, and should not be officiating at any level.

You wouldn't trust the average AHL ref more than scum like Sutherland, Hanson, or O'Rourke?  Really?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

Again, there is no pool of better refs, this is as good as it gets.  Deal with it and change the record

C’mon, if you vet them at the very least for some perceived bias -Sutherland would never ref another play-off game or serious divisional tilt involving the Canucks ever again.

Is he done sucking up to perennial BOG president Jeremy Jacobs (BOS)  to have gotten a veey  cushy post career landing spot as one of the Heads of League officiating yet? 

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

The silver lining of having all of them as ufas, including Lindholm, is JR has the luxury of seeing how each of them do as playoff performers before making any rash decisions

And all but Lindholm were pennies to the dollar to acquire 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I know, it actually hurts to watch, he looks like one of the worst players in this game right now... and then you think about the contract he just signed lol

It scares me. He's always been a streaky player but that cap hit could be bad bad. At least he's winning Faceoffs tonight.

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Weak fucking calls

Not playoff refereeing 

Its like they are getting it all out of their system before they shut it all down once the post season starts

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

which is hurting the team.. when the games are tight.. the special team can make a difference... right now it's making a difference for the other team.. since we will rarely score on the pp.. it's giving the other team momentum killing the pp

Yup its the one thing I could see being the downfall of this team in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Have you seen what the league has been doing to us lately . Survey says more heartbreak incoming 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Hughes with the winner?

I'll take a puck off Benn's butt and into the Stars net. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, you're power play needs to at least be average if you want in the playoffs. You can't fail to take advantage of opportunities and hope to win. I'm starting to get worried. It's like no one can explain to Petterson that he needs to shoot the puck.

I so miss the old days when Petey and Brock had those amazing one-timers that almost always went in.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Robinfood said:

Petey no show

Desmith channeling Demko

Garland energizer bunny

Bains pride of Surrey

soucy saucy

Refs garbage

You forgot:

J

T