[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Looks like the coach could use some coaching. This is what happens when you shake your lines up when they didn't need it.                                     

He's got them playing like 40M per year Coyotes. Everything is around the boards and there's zero creativity in our breakouts or entries. It's all in the corners and LA and Dallas fed us our lunch in the corners. Cool.

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

One doesn’t negate the other either. Call the game consistently, the refs didn’t do anything close to that tonight. 

I probably would have called the heiskanrnn play, but they didn't.  It doesn't mean they did to screw the Canucks.  It happens, ref miss calls.  Deal with and stop being such a victim.  The Canucks have themselves to blame, no one else

It'll be a good learning year for them

Just now, TheRev said:

Once again the Canucks are outworked and it seems that the coaches didn't have the team ready for this game.  To much playing pass and trying to be slick during the powerplays.  The officiating certainly didn't help, but the Canucks were the masters of this outcome.  

They weren’t out worked. The power play sucked plain and simple. Five on five they were at least on even ground, if not the better team. 

at this rate they can work as hard as they want, if they don’t fix the power play it will be a quick exit in the first round. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic