[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars, Rogers Arena, March 28 7pm PST, the Winning Starts Here & Roll Into the Playoffs Game

Rocket-68

Goals! Goals! Goals! Toughness  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Best 50 Goal Scorer to Never Score 60

• Marcel Dionne - end of list. Got 59 one year stop the presses.
    • Brendan Shanahan - yes, he piled in the rubber but he could also punch your face in doing it.
    • Mark Messier - let's forget the Vancouver Canuck years and he is my vote. What not to like, tough, goal scorer, guaranteed wins.
    • Bobby Hull - a pure goal scorer, 610 goals while taking time to play in the WHA ... oh what could have been. Smooth skater and played with an edge
    • None of the above, see my comment below.
  2. 2. Who would you add if you could reach back into the past for their prime years to add the toughness needed to survive to win 16 post season games? But out goes one of Petery, Miller, Lindholm or Boeser.

• Donald Brashear - hey, he developed silky hands for a tough guy
    • Bob Probert - nothing more needs to be said
    • Rick Tocchet - hell he would lace them up right now
    • Tic Toc is a bit of a cheat so can't chose that one otherwise there are way too many players to choose from. See my comment below with my vote of a tough guy that could also score a few timely goals.

4 hours ago, 27 Percent said:

Hopefully Petey is half as fired up as you guys haha.

I would sit Petie out till the playoffs. I suspect wear and tear from all his new found aggression this season.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would sit Petie out till the playoffs. I suspect wear and tear from all his new found aggression this season.

Hughes too. And JT come to think of it. They all log hard minutes and look worn. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Tix for playoffs I saw were $226 for Game 1 in nosebleeds 

round 1 game 1 is often the best hockey game of the season. sounds like a hellofa deal to me. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Why?

Each to their own but I find chocolate or sweet beers mystifying.

But its your money, if you enjoy it, that's what matters.

My Dad drank Cutty Sark for years. I never could figure that one out. (Other than it was cheap...)

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Each to their own but I find chocolate or sweet beers mystifying.

But its your money, if you enjoy it, that's what matters.

My Dad drank Cutty Sark for years. I never could figure that one out. (Other than it was cheap...)

I love Granville Island Lions Winter Ale delicious. Best Winter Ale I've had. But yeah to each their own. 

Have no idea what Cutty Sark is

• ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, Joshua.Guy said:

this also slaps 

2cellos were a cool find a few years back I think it was for me, they rock! Then there's the rabbit hole of YouTube leads you to the Harp sisters or twins or something like that lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I love Granville Island Lions Winter Ale delicious. Best Winter Ale I've had. But yeah to each their own. 

Have no idea what Cutty Sark is

It's a blended scotch.

I found the Lion's Winter Ale has kind of gone downhill. Maybe it's because it's only in Can's now. I liked it better in Glass Bottles.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

What's real beer?

Extra old stock? I used to drink that in my 20's and offered my dad one and he said "no thanks son, I don't drink motor oil" and he's not one to turn down a beer lmao. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Man, you guys had it rough. The war had ended four years earlier. Truman was elected President and Newfoundland had just joined Canada. Wow! 

Haha, I wasn't in Canada or the US so that's why no tv nhl hockey except the odd weird one.

• Cheers 1