[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

44 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Hughes is a defenseman incase youre unaware and on a team friendly deal.

Man/woman you can applaud pete all you want but dont get offended when people call him out for his poor play, unless youre completely blind, you can see where theyre coming from. 

Petey is also on a team friendly deal.  He currently earns less than Hughes.  The entire team has played poorly since the all star break.  Everyone’s numbers are down.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wing said:

I really want to blame the refs on this loss, but we know we lost because we couldn't get one pp goal. Even if the refs didn't miss the interference on Joshua, i honestly don't know if we would have scored. 

I'm just very frustrated with how the team doesn't seem to be doing anything to address the pp problem. And watching Dallas' pp vs ours is even more upsetting. Our pp set up is still stationary, too much passing, no movement. I just don't understand. 

The issue is that the coach Tocchet is running the PP for first unit.  I remember he talked about movement and not x and o earlier in the season.  That is the issue here is that they do not even shoot when they had an opportunity and the issue is that whenever they received the pass, even he is open, he immediately hesitated and look for another open player that is closer to the net.  That never works.    I remember early in the season, they were shooting at the net from anywhere with greater success but as season wears on, they begin to look for perfect play.   

Suter at that bumper spot is not very good shooter.  I do not understand why he is on that unit.  "They can control all of the possession on PP in the world but they can't shoot and that is a fact because they were too slow to make up their mind and the PK closes the gap quicker. It is easier for defender to maintain their position if they don't shoot and the goalie will still able to make a save close but if you shoot more, you put more pressure on both, goalie and the PK for rebound scramble and you will always find open man when PK are scrambling if PP recovers the puck after the rebound.  They do need to get back to basic.

Like others have said wth was that lineup. What is RT thinking with those combinations?

Let’s just stop fucking around and have simple straight forward lines. 

DK - Blue - Gar

Boeser-Miller - Petey 

Hog- Suter- Mik

Laff- PDG-aman

Hug-Hro

Sou-Jul

Cole- Zad

pp1 

Miller-Gar- DK 

pp2

hog- Petey - Boes

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Robinfood said:

Like others have said wth was that lineup. What is RT thinking with those combinations?

Let’s just stop fucking around and have simple straight forward lines. 

DK - Blue - Gar

Boeser-Miller - Petey 

Hog- Suter- Mik

Laff- PDG-aman

Hug-Hro

Sou-Jul

Cole- Zad

pp1 

Miller-Gar- DK 

pp2

hog- Petey - Boes

Not to be mean. PDG, and Aman should be in Abby.

6 hours ago, Jaimito said:

9 games left to get it in order 

Most of the game they played rather well.  Not a complete trash.    

Demko better be fully healthy when he gets back.  Not going anywhere without him. 

Casey is doing the best he can, but he ain't Demko.  

Won't hang any of this on DeSmith... 

Agree it wasn't trash...

The boys played hard. Soucy in particular was getting mean, and I wonder if he has a particular dislike to Dallas. Best I've seen from our defence in a long time... 

Only difference was the PP... They scored 2 and crashed the net constantly, while Canucks could have played until summer and not scored...

Have to say Dallas looked good, but we are not playing as well, as we were before the ASG... Hopefully the boys can turn it around. 

This is not going to get easier....

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

The part I hate about these games is I feel like I wasted my evening ... I think I'm just gonna have it on in the background and do other shit until the playoffs arrive lol.

This is my strategy. I used to get very upset at some games. Don't get me wrong I can take losses. Just frustrating things like sticking to playing around the perimeter or so so officiating. It's just a game. Entertainment shouldn't make you feel angry.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's like some people have never watched hockey before. The refs were trying to let them play but Blueger sticked a guy right in the face. It's like an automatic penalty for shooting the puck over the glass. There is a mandate for player safety regarding sticks to the face and they are called every time. Those are stupid penalties to take as they serve no purpose and are just careless and inattentive.

Except the Hi Sticking on Hronek didn't...

Not looking for an argument, and do agree... it was a stupid penalty, and we have had a lot of those type of penalties this season... daft penalties....

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I guess I’m on a bit of an island here as I thought it was a good hard-fought game and neither team gave up much that was easy,  like any good playoff series. PP was a fail and the pk needed to kill off at least one more. Reffing wasn’t great especially Heiskenen putting Joshua into the boards dangerously while clearly interfering but for that to count you have to score on some of the pps that you do get.

I’m not seeing the same doom & gloom like many others and overall I  enjoyed the game.

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

• Cheers 2

Why is it that the challenge calls seem to almost always go against us.  Are we really so biased as canuck fans or is the NHL really so biased against the team?  I would really like to know if I am part of some unfounded group conspiracy theory or part of a unfairly treated group.  I just keep seeing that puck as hit with a high stick and wonder..........

5 hours ago, 43isprime said:

If stating literal numerical facts constitutes s******* on a player, then maybe that player isn't doing very well relative to the contract he signed.

How did you feel, when Miller signed his 8x8 extension?..... just curious?

4 hours ago, Darius said:

I think McDavid's start was hindered by an injury.  Its hard to find any stretches where he doesnt dominate, i guess thats what I was getting at.

I get that EP looks a little off right now.  What I dont get is the complete lack of credit he has in some posters minds.  In the whole history of the team how many players have they drafted that have put up his numbers by his age?  Bure?  Who else (honestly, its late and i might be missing players here).  So he has a string of games where he doesnt look like 100 point center - the daggers come out.  So nothing he has done matters - the kid cant be given some rope?  

So from year one he wins the Calder, puts up a point per game pace in his career.  Hes a young center who probably is still finding his way.  Teams zero in on him, and lets be honest, there are some nights hes paired up with guys that are just starting to roll (Hoglander) or are utility players.

When I say finding his way lets put that into context.  What was Hank/Daniel Sedin doing at 25 or Markus Naslund?  Were they even 60-70 point players?  I watched/listened to the market tear those guys a new one , on many nights, because they werent dominant players at that age. I still remember the barrage of calls on Dan Russell's show slamming the Sedins and how they are weak and trip over the blue line. Those players really started to roll in their late 20s.  Im sure we can find other examples (Should we examine JT Miller at 25 for instance)   

Yeah he is getting paid 11 million NEXT YEAR.  IMHO thats fair market value for the guy considering what other players recently got (Nylander) and what he has accomplished so far as a center.  They are paying for his prime years.

Edit: To be clear @Dumb Nuck im not directing this at you in particular...just saw an opportunity to vent in a response.

And there it is.... a voice of reason... Petey is 25... not even in his prime. 

I do still think, he has the burden of the world on his shoulders just now, and doesn't look to quite play with the freedom, he normally does.

However to hang him out to dry is pathetic...

Watch him score a couple in the next game, and it'll be 'its only against the Ducks'...or silence...

Edited by spook007
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

His line Tinkering is getting out of hand now.  Players can't gel when they're swapped from line to line to line.

This is exactly what I was thinking too.  Get back to the lines when the team was winning . Put Garland and Joshua back together on the third line and add Lindy when he gets back. Put Suter back on the fourth line where he belongs. Hoglander has played himself into the top 6. Play him with Petey and Mikehyev. Play Gi Giuseppe with Brock and Miler.

PP 1 needs Hronek on it. If teams want to block the shots make them pay for it. Hronek was wounding others earlier in the year with his shot. Make it painful to block a shot from the point.

PP1 should be Hughes Hronek

Miller Brock Petey

Make teams pay for their liberties

PP look at all options including Myers or Zadorov in front of the net. Its not working now what is wrong with trying a few things.

Teams have figured out the Miller is the key on the half wall. Time to do something different.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NucksNation said:

Where’s this player?  WTF happened to his wrist shot and one timer?

Look how fast every movement of his was. His footwork and his hands were so quick back then. He looked like a faster skater too (at least relative to the field).

Granted, he was also given tons of time by PKS to load up on his shots from the right circle on the PP.

But seeing this video makes me wonder if bulking up has somehow reduced his quickness and his speed. He doesn't look as dynamic as often as he used to.

8 hours ago, Jaimito said:

9 games left to get it in order 

Most of the game they played rather well.  Not a complete trash.    

Demko better be fully healthy when he gets back.  Not going anywhere without him. 

Casey is doing the best he can, but he ain't Demko.  

I think our defense/goal tending is in pretty good shape.

Offense is hit and miss - not going to win many games if you only score 1 goal.

Beat by a better team, best team in league IMHO. 
With Demko we are competitive. 
‘My biggest concern with this team going into the playoffs is our special teams just aren’t good enough to be a favourite at least in the first 2 rounds. First round is always a shit show of special teams as the refs try to establish that, yes this year they are calling everything, the second round is more like regular season and then the last 2 rounds they put the whistles away. Getting through the first 2 rounds is going to be up to Demko. Once the game is played 5 on 5 we can beat anyone. 

Edited by DrJockitch