[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey is 12th overall in league scoring. There are 12 players next year who will be paid at least $11 million. So he’s right where he should be. And he’s the second youngest of that group. Facts matter. 

Just wanted to be accurate here - not counting Josh Doan's 4 pts in 2 games, Pettersson is actually tied with Makar for 16th in points per game.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

What do you base this criteria on? He must have at least 100 points?   Hes a 25 year old C, tied for second in the league for GWG, top 15 in overall points.  His contract starts next year.  So you have have a c that a calder winner, 100 points and lets give him even 90 points this year (ill low ball it).  In your mind what is that worth in the open market at his age and pedigree.

Someone put up the stats here of Petey's points against the top half of the league, im trying to find them.  They were not problematic.

Every time the team loses the daggers come out.

His play has been sub par this year. Sorry, everyone sees it. I guess you don’t. He hasn’t looked dominate at all this year like he use to. Something isn’t right this year. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He won’t be a 100 point player this year. Sorry but he has shown nothing this year that he is going to figure things out.

95 points and he’s shown nothing this year?  🤣

You can’t even be taken seriously any more. I think Deb already called you out. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He signed an 8 year deal at 25 years old. The new contract hasn’t even kicked in yet. He’s already a 100 point player. His contract is in line with every other 100 point player. 

He's on 68 point pace since the all star break. Facts matter.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

Yay! On pace for 30 goals on another non playoff team, set to go -82 in a full year. 

Youre right what a bum, much rather dump him, a 1st and a good prospect for damaged goods watching from the pressbox. 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

His play has been sub par this year. Sorry, everyone sees it. I guess you don’t. He hasn’t looked dominate at all this year like he use to. Something isn’t right this year. 

No what I see is you complaining constantly about the same thing.  Hes having a bit of a down stretch.  Still getting 90+ points and is top 2 in the league in gwg.  He puts up points against top 10 teams at a consistent pace. You know who doesnt have a down stretch - McDavid.  That is a unicorn.

Why dont you answer the questions.  You are management.  You have a calder winner that got you 100 points.  Hes 25 years old.  What is he worth when guys like Nylander got paid 11+ million?

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

During this run of games with DeSmith in net, our scoring has really dried up. Like we’ve trying to win 1-0 every night.

That, and our dreadful power play. Really must take Suter off pp 1 and find a better option. 

Plausible, yes.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh so we’re cherry picking numbers now?  🤣

Hughes is on a 64 point pace since the all star break. According to your facts he’s on a steep decline as well. We should probably consider trading him. 

Hughes is a defenseman incase youre unaware and on a team friendly deal.

Man/woman you can applaud pete all you want but dont get offended when people call him out for his poor play, unless youre completely blind, you can see where theyre coming from. 

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

95 points and he’s shown nothing this year?  🤣

You can’t even be taken seriously any more. I think Deb already called you out. 

Judging by your name it’s no surprise why you are offended so I do t really care what you think since you are biased towards him. His play hasn’t been great overall this year. Way below his and everyone’s standards. You just have to watch games to see how badly he has regressed. I can’t take someone who name is Elias Pettersson on this board seriously. Someone with that name on their posts and who goes to a weak response in saying we can’t take you seriously is just so weak. 

2 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Hughes is a defenseman incase youre unaware and on a team friendly deal.

Man/woman you can applaud pete all you want but dont get offended when people call him out for his poor play, unless youre completely blind, you can see where theyre coming from. 

His name is Elias Pettersson on here. Should we be surprised??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh so we’re cherry picking numbers now?  🤣

Hughes is on a 64 point pace since the all star break. According to your facts he’s on a steep decline as well. We should probably consider trading him. 

What is with people calling this cherry picking? You know consistency is a thing, right?

Pettersson doesn't come close to driving play or creating chances the way Hughes does.

Hughes brings it every night. There is no comparison to be made between the two.

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Youre right what a bum, much rather dump him, a 1st and a good prospect for damaged goods watching from the pressbox. 

Blah blah blah blah blah. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

What is with people calling this cherry picking? You know consistency is a thing, right?

Pettersson doesn't come close to driving play or creating chances the way Hughes does.

Hughes brings it every night. There is no comparison to be made between the two.

Exactly. He did the last few years but this year it has been absent from his game. We aren’t seeing the highlight reel plays and he isn’t a factor in big games this year. Yes he has 84 points but he hasn’t had a lot of amazing plays this year like he use to have. That’s why I am saying he is having a down year. Petey has even said it himself so I am not sure why people are upset when he hasn’t been happy with his play. The man is saying it himself.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

The Canucks play great 5 on 5 but special teams are the killer in these close games.

Last losses:

3:4 OT COL

1:2 Caps

2:3 LA

1:3 DAL

The Canucks are 0/11 on PP 

Thats the only reason why they didnt have over 100 Points and clinched the playoffs.

Canucks are a top team but not at the PP.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Darius said:

No what I see is you complaining constantly about the same thing.  Hes having a bit of a down stretch.  Still getting 90+ points and is top 2 in the league in gwg.  He puts up points against top 10 teams at a consistent pace. You know who doesnt have a down stretch - McDavid.  That is a unicorn.

Why dont you answer the questions.  You are management.  You have a calder winner that got you 100 points.  Hes 25 years old.  What is he worth when guys like Nylander got paid 11+ million?

Actually McDavid had a pretty piss poor start to the season (for him), only 13 points in the first 15 games but luckily for him he's been on fire lately and is only 3 points shy of the Art Ross.

All players go through hard times, what matters is how they bounce back and in all honesty I think there is something off with Petey. Hope I'm wrong and we see our $11M man show up in the playoffs, I'd kill for a Cup.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1