[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

"Vancouver penalty #57 two minutes for cross-checking"

It's just a fact of life that he will end up in the box.

Well that's true. Yes.

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

He also gets checked closer than ever before and closer than anyone on the team.  The one timer on the pp is the number onr thing that teams focus on when they play van.  That's the Canucks failure on the pp, imo.........finding another outlet that produces so teams have to focus on that and take pressure off Petey 

I have to be fair here....this is 100% bang on correct.

• Cheers 1

Interesting to see their defensive/GA rank is top of the league during this stretch.  Maybe a little too conservative to make up for no Demko? Someone (I think hammertime?) made a good point yesterday - maybe we need a touch of Bruce hockey in these close games

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

And I have to also go back to my "whining/bitching" for a moment.

How does THIS dangerous play go unaddressed? I'm still pissed at the horrible officiating. No, not responsible for the loss but not really acceptable either. We just got Joshua back and he could've been injured here. 

434287586_10160835083965549_260785302104

434287969_10160835084005549_624809931398

• Vintage 4

Radio post game was talking bout the 'special teams' and since the All Star break they are not good- at all.

PP was around 17% and PK was bad as well. Lower third of the league in both.

Seems like it has been 5 or 6 years of inconsistent special teams. Sometimes quite good, but mostly not.

8 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Cheers, Yes its clear, he rarely get a sniff of an open lane, yet he still used to find them.

I've also been wondering, why Tocchet is so focussed on having Suter in the bumper position and not utilising Brocks lethal weapon more... 

Or at least use Brock in the bumper position, and get somebody else in front of the goal... Lindholm, did great there one of the first games he played...

Nevertheless, whether he doesn't seem like himself or not, he doesn't deserve the crap he gets just now... support is what he needs, not being vilified. 

Id put boeser in Miller's spot and start setting him up for the one timer and put miller in the bumper, if it was nr.

Actually, if it were me, Hughes would be the rover and skate the puck around like he does 5v5......create some movement and some confusion and chaos amongst the pk'ers.  If you've got a player like Hughes, let him be himself, imo.

• Cheers 3

I think it's more something's off w Pete. Rather than he can't handle the heat, I think he relishes the heat. Maybe he needs to do battle drills with Garland in practice. Get his blood pumping a bit. Pete seems to play better angry. 

Lately he doesn't seem to get himself in a huff. Huffle per 60 is way down.

Maybe he's got a crush.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Id put boeser in Miller's spot and start setting him up for the one timer and put miller in the bumper, if it was nr.

Actually, if it were me, Hughes would be the rover and skate the puck around like he does 5v5......create some movement and some confusion and chaos amongst the pk'ers.  If you've got a player like Hughes, let him be himself, imo.

There were a short spell, where they did rotate more, but gave up numerous break aways... wonder if that is the reason they are concerned about QH being too far from the blue line? 

Agree, he causes havoc when he just skates around and only few can cover him, with his quick turns...

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

I think it's more something's off w Pete. Rather than he can't handle the heat, I think he relishes the heat. Maybe he needs to do battle drills with Garland in practice. Get his blood pumping a bit. Pete seems to play better angry. 

Lately he doesn't seem to get himself in a huff. Huffle per 60 is way down.

Maybe he's got a crush.

Agree... that's how I see it as well... 

Hopefully more than a crush though, otherwise, who ever we play, will just hire a playboy bunny to wink at him or whisper into his ear prior to each game 😜

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

High stick was too close to call. 

If that was the Canucks people here would be losing their shit if we got a goal called back.

That's not why we lost, special teams is the reason 1000%

Oh really?  I do agree that it's not WHY we lost but it doesn't mean it isn't noteworthy. The Joshua headplant into the boards too. Gotta have better officiating than that, it's dogshit right now.

434319265_10160835107990549_200874049065

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, spook007 said:

There were a short spell, where they did rotate more, but gave up numerous break aways... wonder if that is the reason they are concerned about QH being too far from the blue line? 

Agree, he causes havoc when he just skates around and only few can cover him, with his quick turns...

Then I'd probably put a second dman on pp1 if that were the case......hronek most likely.  The option of the bomb from the point.

Lotto line with Hughes as Rover and hronek up top.  Petey and Brock on their offsides and Miller down low

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh really?  I do agree that it's not WHY we lost but it doesn't mean it isn't noteworthy. The Joshua headplant into the boards too. Gotta have better officiating than that, it's dogshit right now.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that Toronto war room....

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

Then I'd probably put a second dman on pp1 if that were the case......hronek most likely.  The option of the bomb from the point.

Lotto line with Hughes as Rover and hronek up top.  Petey and Brock on their offsides and Miller down low

Think they tried that for short spell, when they had the break aways against, but I could be mistaken...

Regardless, atm something has to change to get it going... Both Petey and Brock has laser precise bombs... Miller would fight for anything and not give the D a moments rest...

As for the bomb, that is the only thing missing in QHs game... 

11 hours ago, Conscience said:

Oilers catch us and we get bounced by LA in the first round.

Playing LA in the 1st round would be the best case scenario for the Canucks.  The Kings are the best

chance for the Nucks to get into the 2nd round.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

He also gets checked closer than ever before and closer than anyone on the team.  The one timer on the pp is the number onr thing that teams focus on when they play van.  That's the Canucks failure on the pp, imo.........finding another outlet that produces so teams have to focus on that and take pressure off Petey 

Set Boeser up on the left side, like Petey is on the right and let him pound the one timer from there. 

Instead it's just Hughes, Miller and Petey passing it around

Ugh....Miller and Boes are our top producing line.  They draw the hardest matchups....petey is stick handling the puck into mordor and spends half the game swimming....he's a great player but simply put he needs to perform and drive play....if I had to guess it's his confidence.

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

Ugh....Miller and Boes are our top producing line.  They draw the hardest matchups....petey is stick handling the puck into mordor and spends half the game swimming....he's a great player but simply put he needs to perform and drive play....if I had to guess it's his confidence.

Petey gets the hardest defensive matchup and miller usually goes against the top offensive line on the other team

Regardless, we're talking about the pp

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Playing LA in the 1st round would be the best case scenario for the Canucks.  The Kings are the best

Vegas, imo.  LA is the worst case.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

lol. Horrible take. It’s justified. Sorry the stats support his claims. It’s not obsession but if Petey isn’t going this year it likely means we aren’t going far in the playoffs. I hate the personal attacks when people can take warranted criticism. The response is so weak.

Yeah, the personal attacks bug me also. I do try to take into consideration that those responders are either generally unhappy people, are quite insecure, or just having a really shitty day. Best to ignore, rather than be baited to respond.

21 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's just way too obvious.  Honestly if the Canucks had that called as not a high stick, I'd say we dodged a bullet.

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Not 100% sure of everyone's take on this, but right now Dallas would get the Kings (#2 WC) and we'd get the Preds (#1 WC). There's probably still going to be a bit of shuffling before the final matchups are decided.

10 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's like some people have never watched hockey before. The refs were trying to let them play but Blueger sticked a guy right in the face. It's like an automatic penalty for shooting the puck over the glass. There is a mandate for player safety regarding sticks to the face and they are called every time. Those are stupid penalties to take as they serve no purpose and are just careless and inattentive.

I thought hits from behind into the boards were included in player safety? (Garland protected himself somewhat in case of a dirty hit, but that shouldn't get the player's hit from being called) It  is frustrating when a ref is right  there in clear view ignoring it, then call weak calls 

When you are at the game you see stuff that isn't called that the camera doesn't always see but this one, Goaltender call, Joshua call (as small examples) and then see what they get calls for is frustrating as a fan

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

3 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Not 100% sure of everyone's take on this, but right now Dallas would get the Kings (#2 WC) and we'd get the Preds (#1 WC). There's probably still going to be a bit of shuffling before the final matchups are decided.

That's a better scenario for van, big I think Vegas is the best matchup.  It's going to come down to the wire for the wc spots and van is in a dogfight with Edmonton for the division