[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Good opportunity to start Silovs on Sunday! That would be nice 

Crazy to think he could be the guy in net while we clinch a playoff spot. Not saying that's a bad thing by any means but not what anyone would have expected. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He might not. He'll probably have a couple good games and make it though. It doesn't drop us down the standings at all though. We're still winning games. Do you want him playing better and producing more? Sure, but the sky isn't falling either. 

I don't mind Suter but he hasn't really had a solid presence in the line-up all year, even though he's good value. He's a third liner imo who has been bumped all over the line-up but has been supplanted by Blueger on that line. He's just a little meh and doesn't make a physical impact.

No it certainly isn't I'm sure he will get back in the groove. Re Pete. I'm more talking to the funk deniers. Something is off with Pete since the ASG. 

Re Suter that's not really a fault though. You want a chameleon like that around when injuries hit. Statistically Miller and Brock have produced at a better rate with Sutter than they have with anyone else including Pete.  

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, BannedFan said:

Tocchet has earned the points for the playoffs to spend on building different chemistry with all the players. With Demko sitting out on LTIR (sorry, injured out) we have the ability to try everyone, bring up roster guys because we have the daily cap space.

This is the best time of year to test everyone out with everyone. Who cares about Petey getting 100 points, JT getting there. We want the CUP and this is the best way to figure out who is who in playoffs, because in Playoffs there is no CAP

Meaning Demko comes back, Lindholm is back, Mik can sit on the bench and no one cares.

Exactly this. Great post. People aren't seeing the forest for the trees. This is the time to work it out. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 43isprime said:

Look how fast every movement of his was. His footwork and his hands were so quick back then. He looked like a faster skater too (at least relative to the field).

Granted, he was also given tons of time by PKS to load up on his shots from the right circle on the PP.

But seeing this video makes me wonder if bulking up has somehow reduced his quickness and his speed. He doesn't look as dynamic as often as he used to.

He changed his skate blades and ever since his skating has seemed much worse. 

Yeah based on our performance since the All-Star break I think this is a team in trouble - we traded Kuzmenko acquired Lindholm and we just have been very mediocre since then… Not sure what’s going on with the team but there’s something not quite right…

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No more Bains or Aman

(Sorry Bains)

We need bigger bodies to stuff up and clog the neutral zone. Guys good in traffic. Or put a dman there on the 4th.

I didnt like Aman... but he is looking like he is using his size now after being sat out so much. Bains, is kinda how we saw Podz on his late season entry where he was given every chance and didnt quite click. 

But this is the time to try everything out, knowing we are in the playoffs with like one win or even just another team losing.

Who cares who we play

Who cares if we have home ice.

We got this.

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah based on our performance since the All-Star break I think this is a team in trouble - we traded Kuzmenko acquired Lindholm and we just have been very mediocre since then… Not sure what’s going on with the team but there’s something not quite right…

Wait for it..... wait for it.... wait for it... 8 games left before we unleash

5 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

We are literally a season out from being fucking horrendous. They are learning how to play when games matter. Not sure what some of you expect haha

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

He changed his skate blades and ever since his skating has seemed much worse. 

This is likely a ploy to get other teams off his radar by the playoffs. When playing with Garlund the other teams actually doubled up on Garlund 5v5 so perhaps its working..... I cant wait!

Even if we lose every game, someone else will lose 1 and we clinch a spot so what does it matter? Camouflage. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dom said:

We are literally a season out from being fucking horrendous. They are learning how to play when games matter. Not sure what some of you expect haha

Bingo! CFF freaking out as if the Nucks lost 8 straight.

Give the guys some slack and stay please stay positive about your team. It's not freak out time--not even close. GCG

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

Bingo! CFF freaking out as if the Nucks lost 8 straight.

Give the guys some slack and stay please stay positive about your team. It's not freak out time--not even close. GCG

This post is a thing of beauty. Should be pinned and framed. 

42 minutes ago, BannedFan said:

I didnt like Aman... but he is looking like he is using his size now after being sat out so much. Bains, is kinda how we saw Podz on his late season entry where he was given every chance and didnt quite click. 

But this is the time to try everything out, knowing we are in the playoffs with like one win or even just another team losing.

Who cares who we play

Who cares if we have home ice.

We got this.

We've actually kinda sucked on this home stand imo

We did better on the road seems like.

I was really glad that the crowd answered the goal with MILLAR on the goal.

I also was glad they didnt do the JT-MILLAR chant after, becuase we were down. If he gets a go ahead, or a cement lead I really look forward to the JT Miller chant from the crowd.

Hope to hear some Thatcher Demko chants too.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Only the PP isnt working 

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Not a fan of Bains 

Juulsen has actually looked better than Myers... 

Looking forward to getting Lindholm back

Great to have Joshua back. 

Not worried about this team. 

I have faith they will figure out special teams. 

Maybe they already have figured it out but are waiting to unveil it during playoffs when they absolutely need to score a goal

I'm sorry, but anyone who says things like this is just sour grapes.  Myers has easily been the third best dman this season and because soucy has been injured so often it's really not even close.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1