[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

9 hours ago, Pears said:

Crazy to think he could be the guy in net while we clinch a playoff spot. Not saying that's a bad thing by any means but not what anyone would have expected. 

It is hard to handle the heat of shexy silovs

IMG_1059.thumb.jpeg.044b6d23096c7e6408298248a0beb071.jpeg

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Bell said:

Tocchet has done an amazing job so far this year but his constant blending of the lines is troubling.  When the Canucks were dominant in the beginning of the year Rick would roll the same lines out shift after shift.  The last while he has been changing the lines constantly.  Why the F did he split Boeser and Miller last game.  He is trying things for no apparent reason.  Please Rick get back to consistent lines

Isn’t we already in playoff? 

From the start we needed to collect points.

now Tocchet gies into details before playoff.

11 hours ago, 43isprime said:

I'd expect a player 7 months away from making 11.6m to be able to create space for himself and for his linemates.

Wich player with 11,6 million or more does that against the Canucks?

• MillerTime 1

10 hours ago, Devron said:

Zero. Didn’t watch it either but thanks for posting! 

Shannon has no expectations for the team so it's a pretty balanced video pointing out the good and bad parts. Nothing earth-shattering (pp fixes, close games, no demko, expected pod decline) though he does point out that hronek is second in the league in d-zone giveaways and that is something he was better at during the first.

He expected them to not make the playoffs so he thinks they are somewhere between the first half team and current team. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Hammertime said:

We never found one for the Sedins.

How many guys like that are there in the league who have the size the meanness and the offensive creativity who are also available. 

Not many, but burr came close with his style of play.

Tocchet has fell into the trap of building a finesse skill style, when he knows we're shorthanded without Joshua. And we need Podz to step up. We never got our Greenway at the trade deadline. Now we're trying to fill in our 'Greenway' spot with an Aman or Bains. He wants us to go to the net? Frigging play BEEF on our fourth line then. Myer's or Juul's. Juul's would have clobbered Robertson. 

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tocchet has fell into the trap of building a finesse skill style, when he knows we're shorthanded without Joshua. And we need Podz to step up. We never got our Greenway at the trade deadline. Now we're trying to fill in our 'Greenway' spot with an Aman or Bains. He wants us to go to the net? Frigging play BEEF on our fourth line then. Myer's or Juul's. Juul's would have clobbered Robertson. 

Juulson as a 7d/4th line f is an interesting thought.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Greenway is terrible.  He'd probably be in and out of the lineup and playing 7-8 mind when he did play

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

A Greenway type not Greenway in particular 

I doubt anyone they'd have made a move for would be any better than what they've got.  

They're 5th in the league in hits, that sounds like trying to fix something that isn't broken

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I doubt anyone they'd have made a move for would be any better than what they've got.  

They're 5th in the league in hits, that sounds like trying to fix something that isn't broken

It's one thing to get hit by Nils Hoglander and I always love to see physical play from our guys. It's another to get pasted by Z. Miller is our only FWD who makes guys shoulder check going into the corner. 

Edit I guess Dak is back now. So 2 of 13 guys might leave a bruise.

Edited by Hammertime

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

It wouldn't be hard to find someone more aggressive than Aman.

6 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

It's one thing to get hit by Nils Hoglander and I always love to see physical play from our guys. It's another to get pasted by Z. Miller is our only FWD who makes guys shoulder check going into the corner. 

Edit I guess Dak is back now. So 2 of 13 guys might leave a bruise.

Big = penalties

This isn't the 90's anymore.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Big = penalties

This isn't the 90's anymore.

I'm ok with penalties. As long as they draw them too. 

Garnet Hathaway, Cole Smith,Tkachuk's, Clutterbuck, Beck Malenstyn, Tippett are some of the best hitters in the league all draw more penalties than they take. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I'm ok with penalties. As long as they draw them too. 

Garnet Hathaway, Cole Smith,Tkachuk's, Clutterbuck, Beck Malenstyn, Tippett are some of the best hitters in the league all draw more penalties than they take. 

And you think the canucks had a chance to find a player like that at the tdl?  At what cost?  They already moved their first, a good young prospect........what would thry have had to give up to get a player like that, especially when it's not really necessary because they're already near the top of the league for physical play.

2 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Nope, we usually stop them because we have a great defense. 

This season

Mckinnon 6 points 4 games

McD PPG thats pretty good though

Pasta PPG

Bread man 4pts 2 games

We held Mathews to 1 apple in 2 games this year. But historically he always seems to score against us. So he's really the only one we can say we shut down well for 2 games. 

5 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

This season

Mckinnon 6 points 4 games

McD PPG thats pretty good though

Pasta PPG

Bread man 4pts 2 games

We held Mathews to 1 apple in 2 games this year. But historically he always seems to score against us. So he's really the only one we can say we shut down well for 2 games. 

How many points did Petey have against McD?

I just checked McKinnons last games and a point from an empty netter and two powerplay points.

No problem taking him out in over two periods each game and every single 5v5 minute. 
Do McKinnon is worthless then since he can’t do anything 5v5 against us. 😙

and if you look at how we play we could have scored a lot on the chances Petey created.