[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

We’re struggling to score, not play physical. I understand some fans won’t be happy until the team challenges the other team to a brawl in the parking lot once they get off the bus… but it’s not the area we’re lacking at the moment.

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hammertime said:

It's still hockey. Guy's get bruised over a 7 game series it doesn't help if you have Maxim Lapierre Burrows yapping at you between the whistles either. Canucks brand hockey brought to you by Bieksa Kes Rypien and company is still a valid gameplan. We have a ton of skill on this roster. How far they go will depend on their tenacity. 

Nux D is physical enough.

Z, Myers, Soucy, Cole, Juuls, all big and heavy.   

The bigger problem is they often get called a penalty when they play physical. 

4 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Do you by chance watch any other teams in the NHL? There are dozens of games that turned physical and teams have used physicality to control the game. If this happens to the canucks I simply don't see how they can compete. 

Over a 7 game series we have the potential to be victimized if teams decide to target Hughes, or Petey. Not sure why you feel compelled to disagree with that. 

I watch plenty of games........intimidation and physical play factors into barely any of them, at least not rough stuff. 

The days of physical intimidation are over

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

So the team that was supposed to crush us might barely catch up?

The team the bulk of this board said was garbage and would never catch Van

If they do, it puts van against #3 in the div, rather than against a wc......which, ironically, might be a better matchup

Just now, stawns said:

The team the bulk of this board said was garbage and would never catch Van

So what? It's a Canucks fan site ffs. Others can fluff McDavids balls somewhere else.

Just now, stawns said:

If they do, it puts van against #3 in the div, rather than against a wc......which, ironically, might be a better matchup

Yep it actually might be better for us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Still no intimidation in the playoffs and Canucks are 5th in hits

Who’s cares what you believe… you claimed the Horvat trade was going to set the Canucks back for years, you’re just another fan with his own ideas.

12 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Who’s cares what you believe… you claimed the Horvat trade was going to set the Canucks back for years, you’re just another fan with his own ideas.

Dick fucking Tracey. 

We're all just fans with our own ideas.  Did you just figure that out?  You're quite the sleuth

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I watch plenty of games........intimidation and physical play factors into barely any of them, at least not rough stuff. 

The days of physical intimidation are over

It always amazes me how "matter of fact" you approach discussions with people. It's like you clearly decide your position when you write your first argument, then consider absolutely no other information presented to you. 

You just keep finding different ways to repeat your only argument, while people add 4 or 5 different angles for you to consider.... often giving new information or facts, yet you never stop to consider.

I'm glad you think physicality means nothing, but to me thats a dumb statement that 99% of rationale hockey fans would disagree with, probably even you if i was the one who said it...but since you said it you're stuck with it, so just keep doubling down on that thought.

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

Don't bother. As the great Woodrow Call said in Lonesome Dove, greatest western ever made...

"Stawns would argue with a Possum"

42 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

It always amazes me how "matter of fact" you approach discussions with people. It's like you clearly decide your position when you write your first argument, then consider absolutely no other information presented to you. 

You just keep finding different ways to repeat your only argument, while people add 4 or 5 different angles for you to consider.... often giving new information or facts, yet you never stop to consider.

I'm glad you think physicality means nothing, but to me thats a dumb statement that 99% of rationale hockey fans would disagree with, probably even you if i was the one who said it...but since you said it you're stuck with it, so just keep doubling down on that thought.

I answer people when they reply to my posts........why would I change my opinion, it's an opinion.  Do other peoples opinions offend you?

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I answer people when they reply to my posts........why would I change my opinion, it's an opinion.  Do other peoples opinions offend you?

No, your opinions don't offend me, but I do have the ability to have a discussion with people and consider their point of view, or stop and think about what other people are saying. I'm capable of changing my mind, or seeing things differently if someone raises good points.

Remember, everyone has opinions, but those opinions can be wrong, or ignorant, or inconsiderate, or uninformed, or just plain moronic. 

On 3/29/2024 at 6:35 PM, DeNiro said:

Funny cause our coach who has won multiple cups believes the opposite.

That’s why he’s pushing so hard now. He said teams that are good down the stretch tend to do good in the playoffs. I’ll take his word for it.

Also funny because statistically there's about the same amount of teams that run in hot into the playoffs and limp out in the first round as well.

You saw a handful of them last year and you'll see a handful of them every year.

Just depends on the team. 

On 3/29/2024 at 7:07 PM, stawns said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who says things like this is just sour grapes.  Myers has easily been the third best dman this season and because soucy has been injured so often it's really not even close.

3rd best? 

You know we have

Hughes Hronek Soucy Cole Zadorov Juulsen right? 

3rd best? Lol