[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

Well unless a miracle happens, we will be in the playoffs. I hate losing but we have way more wins this year and have exceeded my expectations. Every time I become positive about my team we start losing though so that’s what I don’t love about this year 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, 43isprime said:

I think at this point we can safely say that Pettersson can't be counted on to produce on a consistent basis. He may, or may not, depending on whether things are going his way that particular game.

He'll play hard and do all the right things, but he's not at the level where he can be counted on game in game out. Big risk signing a player of that profile to 11.6m.

I said he likely needs the off-season. He just looks like he wants th e year to be done already. No confidence and he just looks like a third liner at best right now. It might not be fixable until the off-season. Who knows right now I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some sort of injury all year. He doesn’t even take his lethal shot. Where did it go? 

• Vintage 1

I really want to blame the refs on this loss, but we know we lost because we couldn't get one pp goal. Even if the refs didn't miss the interference on Joshua, i honestly don't know if we would have scored. 

I'm just very frustrated with how the team doesn't seem to be doing anything to address the pp problem. And watching Dallas' pp vs ours is even more upsetting. Our pp set up is still stationary, too much passing, no movement. I just don't understand. 

Edited by Wing

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Have to be much better than that if we want to win a playoff game, let alone a series.  

(sorry, feeling negative...)

9 games left to get it in order 

Most of the game they played rather well.  Not a complete trash.    

Demko better be fully healthy when he gets back.  Not going anywhere without him. 

Casey is doing the best he can, but he ain't Demko.  

• Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 2

3 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

I like that everyone who is frustrated with crummy reffing is a victim. That’s a neat little correlation that must be true since there are only two options…. 

I know nuance is hard, but it’s possible to know the boys shot themselves in the foot and won’t win if they don’t get their crap together AND not like the way a very close game was reffed. 

No, when you use referees as a reason for a loss you're a victim.  When you think the refs and league are actively conspiring against the Canucks, you're a moron

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

9 games left to get it in order 

Most of the game they played rather well.  Not a complete trash.    

Demko better be fully healthy when he gets back.  Not going anywhere without him. 

Casey is doing the best he can, but he ain't Demko.  

Well I think they have to work so hard defensively to keep the puck out with DeSmith that they don’t take chances to score which explains the lack of goals. This and the dreadful pp.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I said he likely needs the off-season. He just looks like he wants th e year to be done already. No confidence and he just looks like a third liner at best right now. It might not be fixable until the off-season. Who knows right now I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some sort of injury all year. He doesn’t even take his lethal shot. Where did it go? 

If he had an injury that affects his shot he wouldn't have competed in the hardest shot competition at the All Star Game. It's not as if his shot frequency has suddenly dropped off since the All Star break.

Whenever he's not playing well people always seem to suspect an injury. Maybe he's just not good enough to be consistent game in game out.

Just now, Jaimito said:

I'm not this negative.  They will win the next game.  

Silovs to the rescue!

I'm going to the game.

I'm lacing 'em up (my roller skates, all I've got)

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

I'm so over Dan O'rourke being an official in the league. hopefully he gets the auger "retirement" he so deserves. 

The Donaghy would be preferable.  O'Rourke belongs in prison for his corruption and criminal negligence.  The league should be ashamed that his worthless piece of shit is allowed to continue to disgrace the sport with his outright refusal to act like a professional.  His continued employment is simply inexcusable.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wing said:

I really want to blame the refs on this loss, but we know we lost because we couldn't get one pp goal. Even if the refs didn't miss the interference on Joshua, i honestly don't know if we would have scored. 

I'm just very frustrated with how the team doesn't seem to be doing anything to address the pp problem. And watching Dallas' pp vs ours is even more upsetting. Our pp set up is still stationary, too much passing, no movement. I just don't understand. 

Yeah but they can miss the call against the Canucks too to make it fair 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Canucks sit 19th in the league for drawing penalties, seems low for a puck possession team that sat in first for a long time. Loss was on our PP and on EP who's stick handling has been crap lately. 

He at times looks checked out. Mentally exhausted and we haven’t even hit the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1