[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

5 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

I think at this point we can safely say that Pettersson can't be counted on to produce on a consistent basis. He may, or may not, depending on whether things are going his way that particular game.

He'll play hard and do all the right things, but he's not at the level where he can be counted on game in game out. Big risk signing a player of that profile to 11.6m.

It’s just little things that can be changed but he’s not making those changes. His bread and butter is making sweet passes but when he doesn’t move his feet, lanes don’t open up. He’s constantly holding onto the puck at slow speeds and when he’s pressured, he either attempts a low % pass or he would get muscled off the puck. 

If any other player showed such little effort in 50/50 scrums, they would’ve been sent down by now. I can understand not having the footspeed or the strength but when he’s just nonchalant taking weak stabs at the puck, he’s essentially killing any chance at sustained ozone pressure. 

He’s been really sharp defensively and he’s been laying the body a little more but he’s paid to be THE guy and that means he needs to score game in, game out. At such a high price tag, there’s no other choice. It’s the same things that have been said about Matthews and Marner. If you’re a $6 million guy, sure you can have ups and downs but when you make $11.6 mil, you need create chances consistently.

• Upvote 1

I am not willing to blame the refs. Their pp is just awful and they had zero high danger chances on the pp. Zero!!! Why complain about reffing when the Canucks just have shown no urgency to score on it. They have to fix it. It’s plain and simple. Petey is a ghost. So we have 2 of our top 6 playing well. Miller and Hughes. How are you going to win with a bunch of ghosts on the ice in terms of our top 6? Do we even have a top 6?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Yeah but they can miss the call against the Canucks too to make it fair 

I want to think that way too but i think I'm just too frustrated with our pp right now.

Our special teams will hurt us in the playoffs if Tocc doesn't address this somehow. 

Just now, stawns said:

Never said you did, unless you did.  People who don't like being called victims should cease acting like a victim.  Pretty easy

Step 1: label everyone who doesn’t agree with your approach as a victim 

step 2: double down 

step 3: create a very small out to cover for your extreme view 

step 4: Make CFF great again! 

• Like 1

Not the result I wanted but a good effort by the team - again, its the penalty killing that is the focus in this loss  - i wish the team mgmt really looks into why their PK is such an issue as it has been like this for years - just look at how many more points they could have secured.  Seems that opponents are positioning a player within the defensive seams and setting up one timers like the Stars last goal.  

Canucks need to be practicing their PK much more often and refining the PK structure if they are are to have a chance this post season.  It is their achilles heel and should be their number 1 priority in the next 2 weeks.  The time spent in this area is well worth it considering they have lost recent games to the Avs / LA / Stars giving up PP goals.. 

You cannot win if you can't keep the puck out of the net.

Just Win.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I think the refs can see just fine, which is the problem. It would probably help if they were indeed blind.

I'd prefer either they put the whistles away or they call things tightly.

But they're just so inept at times and it's glaring. It's like they miss something then try to make up for missed calls and start calling everything. Until they get tired and then they go back to sleep. It's really inconsistent....not even from game to game but during a game. Feast and famine crap.

I still believe they should have to conduct an interview post game and maybe explain some of it. Like even be honest with "I really didn't see it" and it would give them some credibility. But they just get to slink out. And no one's allowed to talk about it.

That's not how you run a credible organization.

But honestly, I'm used to it now. It is what it is. (Total bush league)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

His line Tinkering is getting out of hand now.  Players can't gel when they're swapped from line to line to line.

You’re right. The lines should have been solidified a long time ago. Injury or no injury. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Is it too late to trade pete? Maybe in summer. 

i wouldnt have signed him for a dollar more than 8 mill and the minute he asked for more he woulda been gone 

I was surprised how many people said his contract was a discount. He might live up to it (though he'll have to a make a huge leap to do so), but discount...come on.

Safe to say this is going to be a disappointing season for Petey. Everyone expected him to at least get to 100 or more and he’s not even likely going to come close so he is having a bad year. Sure he has over 80 points but is that really what anyone expected? He was supposed to get better this year. I am very disappointed in his season overall. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Safe to say this is going to be a disappointing season for Petey. Everyone expected him to at least get to 100 or more and he’s not even likely going to come close so he is having a bad year. Sure he has over 80 points but is that really what anyone expected? He was supposed to get better this year. I am very disappointed in his season.

It's popular to say he's young and still getting better, but I think if we look at it honestly, I don't think Pettersson has leveled up that much since his first couple of seasons.

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

You’re right. The lines should have been solidified a long time ago. Injury or no injury. 

Bring back Bruce...Kuzmenkos's scoring at a 30 goal seasn pace in Calgary....Trade Petey...Lindholms the cause...Boeser's usless...bench Myers....I miss anything?