[PGT] Stars vs Nux

Jaimito

31 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Don't overpay for Hronek 

Put a placeholder there till Willander is ready

Tanev or Pesce or whoever 

Don't worry with 11 UFA/RFA's coming up - it's already expected that 30-35%% of the players won't be back next year. Thats' 7-8 players and Horn-Wreck will very likely be one of them if he sticks to his comments that he expects $8,000,000.00 next year!     Not a chance in hell!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Meeting pressure with pressure. Canucks have failed. Seems like a long and hard learning lesson.

Meet pressure with lose every board battle?

Meet pressure with ring it around the boards softly?

Meet pressure with no shots on PP?

It’s weird to hear the coach not seem that concerned about the pp. He just said it’s unfortunate but it’s 3/21 on the home-stand and you have had so much time practicing. Zero high danger chances on it. It should be very concerning.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Maybe Trade Lind-🏠 for a natural goal scorer that actually fits on PP1 like Kuzmenko, a 1st, a 3rd or 4th draft picks, two badly needed defensive prospects (one of them very promising) and our reputation back.   

IMG_3248.gif

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Oilers catch us and we get bounced by LA in the first round.

If our special teams continue to suck and don't get much offense from Petey we're going to have tough time beating anyone in playoffs 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

If our special teams continue to suck and don't get much offense from Petey we're going to have tough time beating anyone in playoffs 

Maybe Petey can’t get going. Maybe this is it this year. Games aren’t going to get easier. Why would he all of a sudden figure it out when games are only going to ramp up even more physically. I just don’t know if he can. He already looks spent.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I said he likely needs the off-season. He just looks like he wants th e year to be done already. No confidence and he just looks like a third liner at best right now. It might not be fixable until the off-season. Who knows right now I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some sort of injury all year. He doesn’t even take his lethal shot. Where did it go? 

You might of answered your own question 

• Vintage 1

Dear lord how wide open was Benn in the slot 

our PP sucks right now 

put Joshua net front 

get shots 

tao ins so hard to get now 

send bs k door guy to net like stats did 

we just get out numbered in our slot and have no space in the other teams slot 

LA game same same 

WSH game as well 

EP 40 looks like baby deer out there 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's like some people have never watched hockey before. The refs were trying to let them play but Blueger sticked a guy right in the face. It's like an automatic penalty for shooting the puck over the glass. There is a mandate for player safety regarding sticks to the face and they are called every time. Those are stupid penalties to take as they serve no purpose and are just careless and inattentive.

This^

Canucks were playing for the tie.  A stupid penalty and they got scored on right away on the Dallas PP because Canucks were already playing just to hold on.

1. Can't take bad penalties with 3 minutes left in a tied game.

2. Can't play for the tie for the whole 3rd period without getting burned.

• Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

Only 6 up on the oilers with two games in hand

I had a feeling a few weeks ago we'd lose the division and home ice advantage in the playoffs to them but whatever, it wasn't like we were ever gonna win the Stanley Cup this year anyways.

51 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I hope in his post game that Tocchet takes his share of the blame.

36 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

His line Tinkering is getting out of hand now.  Players can't gel when they're swapped from line to line to line.

14 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Perhaps you should write him a stern letter….

coyote-2.jpg

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Meeting pressure with pressure. Canucks have failed. Seems like a long and hard learning lesson.

6-3-1 last 10. 2 game losing streak. 

Jets 4-5-1 last 10. 5 game losing streak. 

It could be worse buddy. 

Edited by Dom
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

49 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Just for once in my life I'd like to see a mentally tough Canucks team that doesn't cave under pressure or get super overconfident when things are going well. 

Oh, shut up.

"Once in my life" ha ha ha

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dom said:

6-3-1 last 10. 2 game losing streak. 

Jets 4-6 last 10. 5 game losing streak. 

It could be worse buddy. 

Sure but our pp had been bad for three months now. That’s pretty bad.  Petey is going to finish well below his pace last year. That is bad especially heading into the playoffs but you want to ignore it that’s fine.

2 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

I had a feeling a few weeks ago we'd lose the division and home ice advantage in the playoffs to them but whatever, it wasn't like we were ever gonna win the Stanley Cup this year anyways.

It hasn’t happened yet. (And may not.)

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Sure but our pp had been bad for three months now. That’s pretty bad.  Petey is going to finish well below his pace last year. That is bad especially heading into the playoffs but you want to ignore it that’s fine.

9pts in last 10 games, definitely not great for 11.6M, but also could be worse. 

0 against DAL/COL/WSH

4 against LA x2/VGK/WPG 

Once again, definitely not great for 11.6M, but also could be worse. 

You make it seem way worse than it is. Could he be better? Absolutely. 

Edited by Dom