[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs the Anaheim Quackers, Rogers Place (aka Da Garage), 12:30 PM PST, March 31, the Canucks Better Win Otherwise Trolls Will Preen like Peacocks GAME!

Rocket-68

Powerless Play  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Canucks hired you as the emergency PP Coach. What is the single move you would make to have the biggest impact?

• Plant the biggest body on the team in front of the goalie, ala Big Buff - Big Zeke or Dak?
    • Put Honker on the PP1 unit and have him launch bombs at the net even if someone is standing in front of him.
    • Replace Suter in the Bumper Spot with a Bo Horvat lite - Hogz or Dak?
    • Really mix it up and put out Miller, Petey, Honker with Player 1 and Player 2 - see my comments below
    • None of the above, see my comment below.

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

image.png.f5012ea8a03ceb967d5e36204a8476fe.png

Everyone hold your horses, the Quackers just pulled their goalie so Oilers aren't out of the woods just yet

image.gif.eaaff3cd729b268a8e1b2160d6ef5f11.gif

Pulling the goalie down 6-0 what's the point 😭😭

58 minutes ago, Dom said:

Oilers 4 pts back. This is a MUST win. 

Agree its almost a must - but who knows how the teams will be seeded - if the Oilers go on a run and finish first, will they be excited to play Vegas (or will Vegas/ LA both start winning to try to finish 3rd) so many possibilities.  For the Canucks, only ask that they win games that they should and go from there.

However, I am way more concern with how our team performs on specialty teams - I hope in the last couple of days they have had an opportunity to work on the PK - I believe it is more damaging to have a poor PK than PP cuz with a poor PP - you can still outplay a team 5-5 and the Canucks have been pretty good most nights.  In fact, if the PK continues to struggle, they should continue working on it each practice  - its been their achilles heel for a few years now + they have already lost way too many points because of it.

Whether it is against the number 1 or 32 pp, team target should be at least 80+ % - giving up 2 PP goals against just does not cut it now or in the playoffs.

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Agree its almost a must - but who knows how the teams will be seeded - if the Oilers go on a run and finish first, will they be excited to play Vegas (or will Vegas/ LA both start winning to try to finish 3rd) so many possibilities.  For the Canucks, only ask that they win games that they should and go from there.

However, I am way more concern with how our team performs on specialty teams - I hope in the last couple of days they have had an opportunity to work on the PK - I believe it is more damaging to have a poor PK than PP cuz with a poor PP - you can still outplay a team 5-5 and the Canucks have been pretty good most nights.  In fact, if the PK continues to struggle, they should continue working on it each practice  - its been their achilles heel for a few years now + they have already lost way too many points because of it.

Whether it is against the number 1 or 32 pp, team target should be at least 80+ % - giving up 2 PP goals against just does not cut it now or in the playoffs.

Just Win.jpg

I feel no matter who will play, the bolded part will be the main key as to whether we have a short or lengthy playoff run. Plus winning the 5v5 battle 

I love the peaky bluegers but

joshua-miller-garland?

michael fassbender perfection GIF

They hit, they fight, they go hard to the net, they score, they work their asses off.

I think we have may stumbled upon the best line, right as we gear up for the playoffs...

• Cheers 2

Wondering how we were #1 in GF and now we're at 252 or almost 20 goals behind teams like Colorado and Dallas with 270. Canucks 14th PP and 17th PK. Big difference between Colorado and Dallas is that Nathan MacKinnon has 126 pts and Points leader. Dallas has split their points more between players with no real Points star on the team.

Colorado and Dallas are almost identical in all their stats. They're both tied 1st in GF with 270, while Dallas 13th GA / Colorado 12th GA, Dallas 8th PP and 10th PK / Colorado 7th PP and 9th PK

As many Canuck's fans have been saying IF we don't get either our PP or PK or both, we'll be done in the 1st round. 

In the beginning of the season when our PP was doing well, we had Boeser in the Bumper - put him back there. We could also put Miller in the bumper, because he has a lot of grit and fight and is good at finding the puck in tight spots. We had Hughes finding players with his skilled shot from the point. We had Hronek shooting hard from the point and taking out opponents with his shot. We had Pettersson in the Shooter position - put him back there. The Canucks moved away from getting the puck to the Bumper but also stopped shooting from the point.

spacer.png

PK essentially has to be more assertive and press players more on the point and skate faster to puck. They are now often more static with their sticks out but tentative on attacking opponents, which is enabling opponents more time to score. They've been leaving players open in the bump far too often. Get Myers off the PK. Juulson is much better on the PK.

Update: Makar has passed Hughes in Dman points and Colorado moves ahead of Vancouver in the Western Division.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan