[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs the Anaheim Quackers, Rogers Place (aka Da Garage), 12:30 PM PST, March 31, the Canucks Better Win Otherwise Trolls Will Preen like Peacocks GAME!

Rocket-68

Powerless Play  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Canucks hired you as the emergency PP Coach. What is the single move you would make to have the biggest impact?

• Plant the biggest body on the team in front of the goalie, ala Big Buff - Big Zeke or Dak?
    • Put Honker on the PP1 unit and have him launch bombs at the net even if someone is standing in front of him.
    • Replace Suter in the Bumper Spot with a Bo Horvat lite - Hogz or Dak?
    • Really mix it up and put out Miller, Petey, Honker with Player 1 and Player 2 - see my comments below
    • None of the above, see my comment below.

3 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Boeser scored on a power play rebound.  Silovs is playing well.  Not much happening otherwise.  GCG!

... plus an awesome goal by Joshua.  GCG!

6 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

I’m out running around , first game I’m missing this year .

can anyone give me a update how we’re playing ? How’s silovs doing ?

who scored ?

Joshua just scored a beauty  in front of the net on the PP

2nd PP  goal now 

2-0

Boeser now has 38 goals

Silovs solid 

D playing well in front of him

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

The expectations of most fans my self included shifted after first 20 games of this particular season.

Making the playoffs was and is obvious, winning the division isn't good enough we need to push for the Presidents trophy that is a huge achievement for us and for the city, being on top of the NHL all season long and not complete the Presidents trophy with 2 weeks left in the season is a huge letdown.

Edited by RookieFan
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

True enough, but like our PP..hasn't been fixed all year, why? Maybe saving it for the dance? I lnow, wishful thinking.

This aged poorly..I hit send and looked up as Joshua scored a wicked between his own legs shot- my jaw dropped...can he get to 20 before the end of the year?

2 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

As a long time fan and a former basketball player, I know that during a long season teams go through ups and downs in terms of conditioning.

It is impossible to be on the top of your game the whole season , laws of nature do not work that way.

In my opinion , Canucks did the right thing coming to the season in a top shape, that allowed to create a nice pile of points from the get go and ride that wave for a while.

Now, when a second season is upon us, the open question is- will it be possible to get another pick in conditioning in 25 days from now?

From my perspective, it means nothing, that some teams like Coilers playing a great hockey right now

What matters - how they will play in a month from now. 
The classical example is Summit 1972.

Soviets came in hot.

Guess, who celebrated at the end?

This is exactly it. It's all about how this team comes and performs when it counts, in the playoffs.

There must be so much going on behind the scenes in terms of planning, line-up configurations, game planning, focus, and desired build up to the big moment. I don't think any of us can get a true read on this team right now. So many line up changes, little injuries, and lack of tangible goals right now.

• Cheers 1