[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs the Anaheim Quackers, Rogers Place (aka Da Garage), 12:30 PM PST, March 31, the Canucks Better Win Otherwise Trolls Will Preen like Peacocks GAME!

Rocket-68

Powerless Play  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Canucks hired you as the emergency PP Coach. What is the single move you would make to have the biggest impact?

• Plant the biggest body on the team in front of the goalie, ala Big Buff - Big Zeke or Dak?
    • Put Honker on the PP1 unit and have him launch bombs at the net even if someone is standing in front of him.
    • Replace Suter in the Bumper Spot with a Bo Horvat lite - Hogz or Dak?
    • Really mix it up and put out Miller, Petey, Honker with Player 1 and Player 2 - see my comments below
    • None of the above, see my comment below.

1 minute ago, Joe King said:

So many wanted suter off the power play.

What a beauty pass to Dak.

Ok. I am laughing because it’s one play on so many bad previous powerplays where he did nothing. An assist every ten games on the pp is nothing to brag about. He’s a third liner on the pp. it says more about our lack of depth than anything about him.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Joshua needs to be re-signed. The one who needs new contracts are playing well. 

Honestly he's unlikely to command 4+ but getting him at 3-3.5 for 3-4 years could be a great value deal for the team, he might be a top 6 fwd the way he's trending. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

As a long time fan and a former basketball player, I know that during a long season teams go through ups and downs in terms of conditioning.

It is impossible to be on the top of your game the whole season , laws of nature do not work that way.

In my opinion , Canucks did the right thing coming to the season in a top shape, that allowed to create a nice pile of points from the get go and ride that wave for a while.

Now, when a second season is upon us, the open question is- will it be possible to get another pick in conditioning in 25 days from now?

From my perspective, it means nothing, that some teams like Coilers playing a great hockey right now

What matters - how they will play in a month from now. 
The classical example is Summit 1972.

Soviets came in hot.

Guess, who celebrated at the end?

Winning the first game gains you momentum winning the first series does the same I expect them to ramp it up. tochett knows what it takes. They’ll also be looking at some black aces as well 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok. I am laughing because it’s one play on so many bad previous powerplays where he did nothing. An assist every ten games on the pp is nothing to brag about. 

Glad I could brighten your day.

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Seriously though, Mikheyev isn't playing right? Lol

Again Mik is at best a third liner. He’s been that way his whole career. Same with Suter. It’s not their fault they are being pushed into the top 6. It’s the lack of organizational depth that is an issue in terms of the top 6.

• Cheers 2