College Euro FA market. Who you got? [Discussion]

Who do we want and why is it Maxim Tsyplakov?

The 6'3 pwf scores goals the kind of goals our PP isn't scoring. He's not afraid to lay the bod either racking up 145 hits is 65 games, and another 45 in 11 playoff games he bangs like Ricki Martin. So we won't have to worry if the scoring doesn't translate right away he can still be useful on the forecheck and Toccet won't pressbox him.

I could see Maxim meshing really well anywhere in our top 9. With a big possibility he could cash in with either Miller or Pete and spring board himself into 11m like Kuzzi did. 

The other guys I could see them going after are...

Samuel Johannesson 5'11 RHD. We will have had many looks at him on Orebro this year. Could join Lekkerimaki in Abby. 

Axel Rindell 6'0 RHD former TO 6th Leading Timra D in points. Another toolsy puck mover to cook on the farm.

Marcus Sylvegård could probably step right into an NHL middle 6 and look right at home. https://www.canucksfanforum.com/topic/2124-speculation-multiple-teams-showing-interest-in-marcus-sylvegard/#comment-328171

From the NCAA there are

the Westerners Luke Granger, Dylan Wendt, and

the Quinnipiacers Collin Graff and Jacob Quillan

Of them I'm most interested in Luke Granger the spark plug "C" for Michigan. I will also give a nodd to Matt Kopperud but it looks like he's Arizona bound. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Montreal neglected to sign Frederik Dichow, who they had drafted in 2019 and needed to sign by last summer to maintain his rights. Dichow is a huge Danish goalie at 6'5 and only just turned 23 this month. He's had trouble keeping an SHL starting job, but had a great tournament for Denmark in the World Championships last year, and this spring in relegation play he took over the starting job, posting two shutouts in six games (including a 5-0 win in game 7) to save HV71 from relegation. He's still pretty raw but still young for a goalie, and seems to have a knack for coming up big in the clutch.

Russian forward Vasili Atanasov looks like he could be a gem. Much like Artemi Panarin he went undrafted despite the obvious talent due to being underweight. Atanasov was barely 140 his draft year and is now listed at 157 at 21. Currently has one more year on his contract with Novgorod.

Edited by MatchesMalone
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Who do we want and why is it Maxim Tsyplakov?

The 6'3 pwf scores goals the kind of goals our PP isn't scoring. He's not afraid to lay the bod either racking up 145 hits is 65 games, and another 45 in 11 playoff games he bangs like Ricki Martin. So we won't have to worry if the scoring doesn't translate right away he can still be useful on the forecheck and Toccet won't pressbox him.

I could see Maxim meshing really well anywhere in our top 9. With a big possibility he could cash in with either Miller or Pete and spring board himself into 11m like Kuzzi did. 

is he still young enough to have 1 RFA year, or would that not be a thing? described as a N-S player.... I hope the Kuzy banana thing doesn't sour him on us. 

12 hours ago, Hammertime said:

The other guys I could see them going after are...

Samuel Johannesson 5'11 RHD. We will have had many looks at him on Orebro this year. Could join Lekkerimaki in Abby. 

Axel Rindell 6'0 RHD former TO 6th Leading Timra D in points. Another toolsy puck mover to cook on the farm.

Marcus Sylvegård could probably step right into an NHL middle 6 and look right at home. https://www.canucksfanforum.com/topic/2124-speculation-multiple-teams-showing-interest-in-marcus-sylvegard/#comment-328171

From the NCAA there are

the Westerners Luke Granger, Dylan Wendt, and

the Quinnipiacers Collin Graff and Jacob Quillan

Of them I'm most interested in Luke Granger the spark plug "C" for Michigan. I will also give a nodd to Matt Kopperud but it looks like he's Arizona bound. 

we really need to grab up 1 or 2 of these guys to make up for the lack of picks this year. 

• Cheers 1

Intrigued in the Maxim Russian kid in the OP.  Saw some of his clips, he definitely hits clean (shoulder down, straight through the chest) but can pop his opponents pretty good.  That plus a varied offensive arsenal (slap shot, wrist shot) and he would be a skilled and disruptive addition (would love it if he could stick with Petey and be a physical force next to him).

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

Another shrimp of the Conor Garland/Nils Hogander kind:

https://www.houseofhockey.net/nhl-team/toronto-maple-leafs/maple-leafs-to-lose-prospect-veeti-miettinen-after-he-refuses-to-sign

Think this kid is worth going after? Maybe he could be a cheaper, younger Garly for us when Garly moves on.

I also have Miettinen, and signed, in my pool!   🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2024 at 8:30 AM, Bob Long said:

is he still young enough to have 1 RFA year, or would that not be a thing? described as a N-S player.... I hope the Kuzy banana thing doesn't sour him on us. 

we really need to grab up 1 or 2 of these guys to make up for the lack of picks this year. 

Yeah, I agree. With a lack of picks, Allvin and Rutherford's gotta push hard for some of these players. I'd be slightly disappointed if they don't get anyone at all. 

• Like 1