[PGT] Canucks vs Quacks ... Huge Game

Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think he will want Nic Roy money which is totally fine.

He signed 5x3mil? Sign me up for that. I'd go as high as 4mil for Joshua, but at that point he and Garland will have to play with Pettersson. Almost 10mil for two 3rd liners is getting pricey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’ve been saying it for awhile Joshua brings that Kesler swagger.

Miller, Big Z, and Garly have it too but he brings an extra boost.

That's a great way to look at it. Garly may not be as big/physical as the other three but he's an absolute hound on the boards. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Get rid of Mik

Get Mik some rest- which should have been done during the whole season.

Coming off leg surgery, it was a big mistake to not give him a few games from time to time.

I'm not sure if over playing Mik, or  Demko was Toch's biggest mistake this year- maybe it's a tie; except that Demko is obviously more important to the team.

12 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Not good enough.

Playing a team, that played yesterday, then travelled to here.

a team that was 46 points behind them in the standings.

a team that has a brutal pk.

Wonder how Alvin is going to fit Joshua's next contract under the cap. 

I agree.  Played down to the other team.  We shouldn't be biting our nails with a game like this.  We should, at this time of year, with our full lineup, be visibly dominating the Ducks by a wide margin.

Not that we played bad. But Rick wants then to play at playoff level hockey, now, so they are ready when playoffs start. I didn't see that today. And frankly I'm hoping they didn't peak too early.

I worry a little at how much the All Star responsibilities, and subsequent loss of a mental and physical break, especially considering Tocchet's demanding high tempo every game, had on all those players.

Add to that the disruption in chemistry.  Ripping the dynamic affable Kuzmenko off the team, off the PP, and shoe-horning in Lindholm, an unknown quantity.  A player who had lost a step in Calgary. And still hasn't looked comfortable here.

Probably being overly critical, they have some games left, especially with Demko, to fine tune their game for the post season

As far as Joshua, we should have extended him already.  They surely have to bump him up in the pecking order.  I don't know how, but JR and PA have to bring this guy back next season

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Possible disguise from the real injury.  I wouldn't rule this out.  I'd rather teams target anything away from the real injury.

I wondered why he would show off the tape so much for that reason too, could be on to something there. It's been kept quiet till now weird we got a long look at the glove off and him feeling it out 

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

I’d forego resigning Zadorov just to be able to resign Joshua.

I think Joshua and Zadorov can be kept, but Mikheyev has to go. 

Joshua gets what 3.75? On the open Market. Hes been awesome but he's coming from being a 13th fwd before this season. He will get a huge raise but I doubt it in the 4's. Am I crazy? That's just my opinion 3.5 is a pretty good jump. Him and Hoglander though should be signed for a few years if they keep it up would be on steals of contracts! 4yrs 3 something each 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Our entire powerplay is just standing around and expecting Miller to make a play, it was nice to see someone finally be creative.

Sign Joshua, don’t let this go to free agency. I don’t see why he can’t be a top 6 player going forward. He’s been one of our best players offensively and defensively all season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Joshua and Zadorov are the top UFA priorities for PA to get signed imo. Ii would be great if management can get them both for a combined 7-8.5 cap hit. 
Gonna need guys with low salaries like Lekkerimakki, Bains and Podz to contribute the next few seasons if we want to be a contender. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Joshua and Zadorov are the top UFA priorities for PA to get signed imo. Ii would be great if management can get them both for a combined 7-8.5 cap hit. 
Gonna need guys with low salaries like Lekkerimakki, Bains and Podz to contribute the next few seasons if we want to be a contender. 

4.5 Million - Zadorov 

3+ Million (Long-Term) - Joshua

I am positive that Joshua contract could be an absolute steal if he gets going in the top 6 and powerplay minutes.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good to see Pettersson put in another multipoint performance. Wait…..

Glad that this team has players like Joshua that actually give a fuck. 

Kind of pathetic to let a guy grab your stick and throw it in the corner and just put your head down pout to the ref about it. Take a penalty and cross check the guy right in the ribs next shift.