[PGT] Canucks vs Quacks ... Huge Game

Rocket-68

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

One thing, i'm hoping is coming ... and think might be.   Is with this new era of Canucks, feel this team absolutely, has earned the right to start the playoffs with this: 

IMG_3842.jpeg

This would be so cool for me I was 6 going on 7 94' run. Bring back the whites too! Now I have 9&6 going on 7 year old boy/s.

So freaking cool if they wore even the black!! It think it's gonna happen, they've already got the one section done in black chairs no? 

I like Rick's balanced approach....have to commend the players for what they've done but work to do. They have to find their game and work out the kinks to get back on stride. 

Look, no team's perfect or going to kill it every game so I take the losses with a grain of salt knowing that..."it happens". If Petey finds his game again we'll be in much better shape. Need our top players scoring goals and that gives us a huge advantage when they do.

Whatever happens, just really happy with this team this year. Unfinished business for sure, but those who are so willing to trash them at every opportunity are missing the point. And a lot of supporting evidence in how far they've come. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Photos courtesy of Jeff Vinnick

As much as I loved the Joshua goal (like everyone else), I also really loved how he "gtfoutta my way"d Lindstrom afterward. 

434806838_10160840051000549_517625274594

432913592_10160840051005549_165513263479

433739174_10160840051145549_840858911702

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, higgyfan said:

In their last 12 games, the Canucks record is: 8-3-1.  The 3Ls were not easy Wins for their opponents;

2 of which could have gone either way.

Of the 12 games, their #1 (all-star Vezina potential nominee) goalie only played in 3.

I'd say the team is coming off a pretty good run of games by winning a lion's share of the games.

This notion that they are entering the playoffs on a downward trend is ridiculous. 

My guess, is that they are one of the healthiest teams in the league heading into the playoffs, and

Demko is coming back well rested and ready to help his teammates win some playoffs games.

It's been a long, gruelling season, with many ups and downs, so I'm sure the boys are ready to finish this

business and start playing some serious hockey. 

The point about health is key, if Lindy can get back to form as well even just defensively we will be a tough out 

12 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Btw, the Oilers record in the past 12 games: 8-3-2.  I wonder if Oiler fans are talking down

their team like many Canuck fans see to be doing.

Nah, they seem to come here to remind us we don't have McBaby 

• Haha 1

I really like the line of Garland with Dak and mills.

With everyone healthy.

Höglander Pettersson Boeser

Joshua Miller Garland

Mikheyev Lindholm Lafferty

Suter Blueger Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe/Åman/Bains

Hughes Hronek

Cole Soucy

Zadorov Myers

Juulsen/Friedman

Demko

DeSmith

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

"If you can find ways to win"

Some here used to use that against us....and when other teams barely beat us they came back with "good teams find ways to win" and "you have to be good to be lucky".

Now that we're scraping out some wins that people have penciled in as gimmes they're using them as a strike against this team to say they're not that good. Because they didn't just roll through everyone.

I see a lot of double standards being applied in an "us" and "them" way.

JT's right....no one cares in the end how teams win...it's THAT they win.

Is there reason for concern? Maybe. But no team just slays it every game, no turning  back. There are good teams out there battling to prove themselves and on any given night they can put it together and have a good game (or two). And good teams can fall away a bit...doesn't define them. It's the tally at the end of the season that gives a clearer picture of things.

• Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"If you can find ways to win"

Some here used to use that against us....and when other teams barely beat us they came back with "good teams find ways to win" and "you have to be good to be lucky".

Now that we're scraping out some wins that people have penciled in they're using them as a strike against this team and to say they're not that good.

I see a lot of double standards being applied in an "us" and "them" way.

JT's right....no one cares in the end how teams win...it's THAT they win.

Is there reason for concern? Maybe. But no team just slays it every game, no turning  back. There are good teams out there battling to prove themselves and on any given night they can put it together and have a good game (or two). And good teams can fall away a bit...doesn't define them. It's the tally at the end of the season that gives a clearer picture of things.

Winning-is-Winning.gif

48 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

I really like the line of Garland with Dak and mills.

With everyone healthy.

Höglander Pettersson Boeser

Joshua Miller Garland

Mikheyev Lindholm Lafferty

Suter Blueger Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe/Åman/Bains

Hughes Hronek

Cole Soucy

Zadorov Myers

Juulsen/Friedman

Demko

DeSmith

i rather they stick with what worked previously.. have boeser miller with whomever ep hog an whomever and keep the joshua bluegar garland.. at least 2 of the lines worked before and continue tinker with the ep line.. rather than have 1 line that works and 3 lines that doesn't do much

The "winning is winning" argument only works while we're actually winning. If we fall flat once the playoffs start, well the signs were there that the team wasn't really playing well and the "winning is winning" argument becomes the neglected to fix the glaring issues argument. 

Only time will tell but I had a lot more confidence in this team earlier in the season.

In our last 5 wins, only 1 has come from a team with a winning record. We've lost to 4 teams with a winning record in that stretch. 

For those of you who don't know, teams with losing records don't typically make the playoffs so I don't see exactly where our wins are going to come from.

• Confused 1