[PGT] Canucks vs Quacks ... Huge Game

Rocket-68

1 hour ago, coolboarder said:

Possible disguise from the real injury.  I wouldn't rule this out.  I'd rather teams target anything away from the real injury.

Some have speculated a back injury. 

The fact he's going to be on the road trip is a good sign.  We was skating at practice too.  Hope he's close to return. 

• Upvote 1

This team needs to go paintballing or something to reset and just enjoy themselves. Glad they hit 100, but they've got to be able to get back to that December form where they're playing with confidence.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J-23 said:

4.5 Million - Zadorov 

3+ Million (Long-Term) - Joshua

I am positive that Joshua contract could be an absolute steal if he gets going in the top 6 and powerplay minutes.

Leaves about 15.7 mill to sign 

a back up tender

2 more d-men- including Hronek

2 more forwards

and then the 2 press box guys.

Edited by Gurn

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good to see Pettersson put in another multipoint performance. Wait…..

Glad that this team has players like Joshua that actually give a fuck. 

Must have injured his wrist signing that contract.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Happy with the victory against a plucky Anaheim team - with the closeness of this game, was it because ANH were embarrassed yesterday in EDM and wanted to put a stronger effort or is EDM really that strong at the moment.

Although I was glad to see the Canucks win the special teams battle, really happy they were able to kill that late penalty with the score tied - a PP goal at that moment would simply be deja-vu of the Dallas game - personally, just seems with the PK being such a critical part, I would like to see them work on it in practice even more often and refine it.  Good solid PK gives the team confidence when things don't go their way in terms of calls.  As the playoffs approach, a poor PK does not bold well against most teams, in particularly the contenders like Oilers, COL etc who will feast on poor PK coverages.

Nice to finally hit the century point mark tonight - couple of weeks before the real season begins.  Hopefully they can continue working on their problem areas like PK to help prepare them moving forward into the playoffs. Points are always nice but in the post season, a good D gives a team an even chance at success.  I look at the 1989 version of the Canucks and how they were able to nearly beat the Flames that year -  they had the 3rd best D that year.  Problem was MTL and CAL had the top 2.

GCG

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

A nice juicy win with two big fat points on top.

Great to see Joshua's goal and his general playing - like he never left.

I'd prefer if it was more of a thumping, instead of a heat thumping third period, but it's what keeps us young!  (or makes us old)

Go nucks go!

• ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

26 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Leaves about 15.7 mill to sign 

a back up tender

2 more d-men- including Hronek

2 more forwards

and then the 2 press box guys.

No it doesn’t that leaves us like 20+ million

Edited by J-23

53 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I think Joshua and Zadorov can be kept, but Mikheyev has to go. 

Joshua gets what 3.75? On the open Market. Hes been awesome but he's coming from being a 13th fwd before this season. He will get a huge raise but I doubt it in the 4's. Am I crazy? That's just my opinion 3.5 is a pretty good jump. Him and Hoglander though should be signed for a few years if they keep it up would be on steals of contracts! 4yrs 3 something each 

Mikheyev would be ideal but his contract runs out in 2026. We’d have to trade him without taking cap in return and I just don’t think he has that much value right now for that kind of trade.

39 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Joshua and Zadorov are the top UFA priorities for PA to get signed imo. Ii would be great if management can get them both for a combined 7-8.5 cap hit. 
Gonna need guys with low salaries like Lekkerimakki, Bains and Podz to contribute the next few seasons if we want to be a contender. 

Hronek should be our #1 priority imo. 

45 minutes ago, J-23 said:

We can easily sign both.

I assume you’re fine with letting Lindholm go because my math just doesn’t add up with the Petey extension coming on the books.

35 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Woohoo. Wasn't the prettiest win but I'll take it.

Joshua's goal was incredible....his entire game was. So glad he's back.

I love that I got to participate in the J T MILLLLLLER chant (you know we started it long ago and it's catching on now).

I was multi-tasking, cowbell in one hand, flag in the other. Working it. Then my friend (who's just been in a bad motorcycle accident and is on crutches) did a one arm grab of a t-shirt flying overhead in one of those deals where they throw them up into the crowd.  Had a g/c inside.

All in all it was a great atmosphere in there....getting playoff ready folks. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

This team needs to go paintballing or something to reset and just enjoy themselves. Glad they hit 100, but they've got to be able to get back to that December form where they're playing with confidence.

going back out on the road should help. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Win the division. Win the Conference. 

After that, rest the bodies needed for the playoffs. 

This is the way. 

conference is a bit of an ask at this point, just focus on the process and locking down the division and getting back to playing the way they can, to their staples. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tas said:

conference is a bit of an ask at this point, just focus on the process and locking down the division and getting back to playing the way they can, to their staples. 

Not out of the question though.