GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

In a surprising turn of events, the old curmudgeon GM, determined to shake things up for his fantasy team, called an impromptu press conference. As he addressed the media, frustration etched across his face, he unleashed a tirade about the team's dismal performance, proclaiming them to be "far from god and last place puck suckers." A empty scotch bottle crashed below.

With the weight of disappointment on his shoulders,and the stale breath of alcohol he declared the bold decision to fire the head coach on the spot. As the ousted coach slinked away, the GM's demeanor took an unexpected twist. Suddenly, his feeble arms hurled a chair in the general direction, shouting, "Just get out, just get out!"

The chair, however, had different plans. It sailed awkwardly through the air, missing its intended target by a wide margin. It crashed down with a resounding thud, shattering into pieces, leaving everyone in the room momentarily stunned.

Undeterred, the GM, now slightly red-faced, looked at the wreckage and muttered something about the chair being a metaphor for the team's shattered dreams. He then shifted the narrative with a surprising announcement — his nephew, Tim, the lone success story in the chaos, was to be the new head coach and goalie coach, effective immediately.

As the media erupted in a mix of confusion and amusement, the GM walked away, stealing a glance at the empty spot where his captain once stood. His two assistant captains, though, grinned nervously, realizing they might be in for a wild ride under their eccentric GM's leadership.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:54 AM, arby18 said:

Recall: The Jets recall Olle Lycksell from Manitoba and place him on the active roster.

IR Placement: The Jets place Pavel Mintyukov (shoulder) on the Injured Reserve.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/ducks-pavel-mintyukov-officially-on-ir/#:~:text=Mintyukov (shoulder) was placed on,to call up another player.

I am unable to process Mintyukov to IR as you are full on the IR with 3 as your budget allows (Beniers, Theodore, Gustafsson)

Edited by Relyt Krets

21 hours ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

CapsPR.png.56cb210cac54475ad7e61f0e4dc7fb79.png

We know that our fans have been waiting to hear who we have chosen as our next Alternate Captain, and we thank everyone for their patience.  This is an important decision for our franchise that we did not want to take lightly, and wanted everyone in the organization to have their input.  After many discussions, one name kept coming up and we couldn't agree more.  This player has grown tremendously and we are excited to have him along side Conor Bedard to help lead this team to success.  Please join us in congratulating, K'Andre Miller.

image.thumb.jpeg.97810483f88d4355fbcf01405cb44b57.jpeg

This will have to wait until the offseason as per Rule 1.4 that you are only able to set them at those times

1.4 Captaincy Boost

Players that wear the C & A for your team will give you a boost at the end of the season to help propel you in the standings. In order to be eligible for the boost you must still have your captain's on the team. You can only set/change your captain's once per year, and it has to be done any time in the offseason prior to the start of the season. 

If you trade them away at any point of the season you will not be eligible for their boost. Goalies are not eligible for a captaincy role.

33 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

In a surprising turn of events, the old curmudgeon GM, determined to shake things up for his fantasy team, called an impromptu press conference. As he addressed the media, frustration etched across his face, he unleashed a tirade about the team's dismal performance, proclaiming them to be "far from god and last place puck suckers." A empty scotch bottle crashed below.

With the weight of disappointment on his shoulders,and the stale breath of alcohol he declared the bold decision to fire the head coach on the spot. As the ousted coach slinked away, the GM's demeanor took an unexpected twist. Suddenly, his feeble arms hurled a chair in the general direction, shouting, "Just get out, just get out!"

The chair, however, had different plans. It sailed awkwardly through the air, missing its intended target by a wide margin. It crashed down with a resounding thud, shattering into pieces, leaving everyone in the room momentarily stunned.

Undeterred, the GM, now slightly red-faced, looked at the wreckage and muttered something about the chair being a metaphor for the team's shattered dreams. He then shifted the narrative with a surprising announcement — his nephew, Tim, the lone success story in the chaos, was to be the new head coach and goalie coach, effective immediately.

As the media erupted in a mix of confusion and amusement, the GM walked away, stealing a glance at the empty spot where his captain once stood. His two assistant captains, though, grinned nervously, realizing they might be in for a wild ride under their eccentric GM's leadership.

image.png.b216ff6db030d78ebbf71a1aa8e938ea.png

• ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

I am unable to process Mintyukov to IR as you are full on the IR with 3 as your budget allows (Beniers, Theodore, Gustafsson)

Whoops - I thought I had 5 slots. All good.

Activation: The Jets activate David Gustafsson from the IR and place him on the active roster.

1 hour ago, MidKnight Ego said:

tor assigns Chad Ruhwedel

to the marlies on the assusimption some trades are completed

Ruhwedel requires waivers. Need confirmation that this is what you are in fact doing is placing him on waivers

2 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

Ruhwedel requires waivers. Need confirmation that this is what you are in fact doing is placing him on waivers

Yes it’s what I meant. And I changed the post hoping you would notice this later

16 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

if you didn’t laugh from my post above, it was just light humour and a continuation from my gm story arch.

im sure it does not effect you or your team at all.

I thought it was funny, my head cannon is now Alf as GM of Toronto, which is Alanis level irony.

• Vintage 1

WAIVERS: The Jets place Ben Meyers on waivers with the intention of sending him to Manitoba.

ACTIVATION: The Jets activate Matty Beniers from the IR and place him on the active roster.

Updated lines:

Marchand (A) - Lindholm - Reinhart (A)

Henrique - Colton - Tuch (C)

Haula - Pageau - Holmstrom

Barron - Suter - Kolesar

Malenstyn - Clutterbuck

Watson (IR)

Mikkola - Zub

Oleksiak - Hakanpaa

Cole - Ristolainen

Balinskis

Shesterkin