GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

Carolina Hurricanes' 2024-25 preliminary roster

??????? - Barkov - Stone

??????? - ??????? - ???????

??????? - Frederic - Turcotte

Deslauriers - Steel (RFA) - Laferriere

McAvoy - Orlov

Lindholm - Walman

Spence - Englund

???????

Ulmark

???????

IR: Valeri Nichushkin

Release the following UFAs:

Joe Pavelski (Retired)

Cam Talbot

Corey Perry

Washington Capitals - Preliminary 2024-25 Roster

Forwards

xxxx - Connor Bedard - Claude Giroux

Mikael Granlund - Adam Fantilli - Josh Doan

Jordan Greenway - Nick Bjugstad - Brendan Gallagher

Martin Pospisil - Marcus Johansson - xxxx

Extras: Conor Geekie, Zack MacEwen

Defense

Zach Werenski - Adam Larsson

Kaiden Guhle - Bowen Byram

xxxx - Luke Schenn

Extra: xxxx

Goaltenders

Connor Ingram

Joonas Korpisalo/Jesper Wallstedt

Management is very excited about this group going into the 2024-25 season.  With a good mix of high end young talent and tough veterans; this is a team that can score and will not be pushed around.  We have worked tirelessly to create organization depth and will continue to do so with an eye on the future and without sacrificing the here and now.  We want to me it clear, we are not a rebuilding team and have playoff aspirations for the up-coming season.  Buckle up, because this is going to be a hell of a season.

Washington Capitals Hockey Club.

• Like 2

• Gator changed the title to GFL 2023-24 (4 Openings - Apply Within)
7 minutes ago, Gator said:

HIRING

The Tampa Bay Lightning have hired @Viking as their new GM!

hired money GIF by Originals

Welcome to the GFL!!!!!

WOOOOOooooooooooooo.

I don't see that you have any draft picks at the moment, but you might be able to trade away some assets you don't plan on keeping to acquire picks over the course of the week. Our draft day one is already underway, but the good news is that your team is RIGHT NOW fighting for the first ever GFL CUP in the finals with Vegas Golden Knights.

It appears that your predecessor went all in at the deadline to pick up the talent that got the team to where it is right now. Unfortunately real life takes first priority for everyone, of course, and that GM had to step away for a while and left a great team, you picked a winner out of the box! or in this case perhaps a runner up...we will know after tonights NHL FINAL

Current score with one game remaining is 

VGK: 67.75 Fantasy Points with Even Rodrigues, Derek Ryan and Evan Bouchard on the ice tongight

TBL: 38.25 Fantasy Points  with Sam Gagner, Matthew Tkachuk and Aaron Ekblad on the ice tonight

it is going to be a wild finish both for the NHL and for our league, i am stoked. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Do I Have to make sure I extend a qualifying offer to some of my RFA players before they can he had for free as a UFA? I made discord account just waiting to hear if fantrax is the correct site to make the other account needed. I assume it is but Gator had wrote fantraxt so want to confirm.

8 minutes ago, Viking said:

Do I Have to make sure I extend a qualifying offer to some of my RFA players before they can he had for free as a UFA? I made discord account just waiting to hear if fantrax is the correct site to make the other account needed. I assume it is but Gator had wrote fantraxt so want to confirm.

Gator or another helper will be in touch about fantrax, i think they need to make you an account or you need to make the account and then the administrator for us needs to add you somehow, i am not familiar. Sorry. 

Yes, I am the Agent of record at the moment for pending RFA's and UFA's. You still have some time before they go full UFA so when you have time please send me a private message here on the forums, one fresh message for each player: start with one and you will see how it goes by the end of that one, doesn't take long as I am almost always online except for Thursdays.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Viking said:

Yes make an account on Fantrax, then send me the username.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Relyt Krets said:

Congrats @Lethunder

image.thumb.png.5f69134285ef0fb5320aa81ddbff1a56.png

Thanks my man! Definitely favoured you going into the series but Evan Rodrigues decided he wanted to be the hero for us! We are pumped to be the CDCGFL inaugural champions! We might never win again, but we won it first. Cheers to all the GMs that took the time to be a part of the first season and a big thanks to Gator for creating another league for me to win! Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

image.jpeg.2226e6d95b9551e1e4f17b9d09c7ffc6.jpeg

CAR.png.b71dfbe88f5f516800fb493ed1954125.pngExtension: The Carolina Hurricanes have re-signed pending RFA Graeme Clarke to a 2 year term @ 1.0175 million AAV

CAR.png.b71dfbe88f5f516800fb493ed1954125.pngExtension: The Carolina Hurricanes have re-signed pending RFA Gage Concalves to a 2 year term @ 0.855 million AAV

CAR.png.b71dfbe88f5f516800fb493ed1954125.pngExtension: The Carolina Hurricanes have re-signed pending UFA Bobby McMann to a 2 year term @ 1.4 million AAV

CAR.png.b71dfbe88f5f516800fb493ed1954125.pngExtension: The Carolina Hurricanes have re-signed pending UFA Jonathan Marchesseault to a 2 year term @ 6.5 million AAV with an NTC throughout

image.jpeg.2226e6d95b9551e1e4f17b9d09c7ffc6.jpeg

SJS.png.3cbc1af56c402655e7c94f55314b3af5.pngExtension: The San Jose Sharks have re-signed pending UFA Ilya Sorokin to a 6 year term @ 8.75 million AAV  with an NTC throughout.

SJS.png.3cbc1af56c402655e7c94f55314b3af5.pngExtension: The San Jose Sharks have re-signed pending UFA Auston Matthews to a 5 year term @ 13.75 million AAV  with an NMC throughout.

2 hours ago, Lethunder said:

Thanks my man! Definitely favoured you going into the series but Evan Rodrigues decided he wanted to be the hero for us! We are pumped to be the CDCGFL inaugural champions! We might never win again, but we won it first. Cheers to all the GMs that took the time to be a part of the first season and a big thanks to Gator for creating another league for me to win! Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!

Congratulations brother, you truly are a legend in the fantasy hockey world on this board. 

Vancouver Round 1 Summary

The Vancouver Canucks are very pleased with our round 1 results. We feel we are setup long term in goal and on the backend so our goal was to add a few skilled forwards to our deep prospect pool. We feel very good about the 3 players we drafted today

Emil Hemming - #25

Ryder Ritchie - #30

Andrew Basha - #31

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1