GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

3 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

@MeanSeanBean maybe since you were given a break with waivers, maybe you can just trade Maroon back for future considerations? I mean you don't have to obviously, but just thinking of a way to resolve this 🤷‍♂️

Let's see what Gator and relyt say. I'm fine with that but I also spent a rainy day reading the CBA and read about alot of penalties and stuff. Don't want to get hit with an old Jim Benning tampering charge after I already caused a ruckus not knowing the rules. I know they gave me a slide cause it was an error on the sheet though.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

My ex is breaking the court orders in relation to time spent with my son.

I haven't seen him for 6 weeks. 

Oh man, that's awful. I couldn't even handle that, hopefully her breaking the order will help you get more time in the near future.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Oh man, that's awful. I couldn't even handle that, hopefully her breaking the order will help you get more time in the near future.

Thanks brother.

4 years in the courts  and 100k later I thought I had this sorted nearly 2 years ago.

She is telling him I am not his dad just because he is an IVF child.

Apart from breaking the court orders that is a form of child abuse, Parental Alienation Syndrome. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Thanks brother.

4 years in the courts  and 100k later I thought I had this sorted nearly 2 years ago.

She is telling him I am not his dad just because he is an IVF child.

Apart from breaking the court orders that is a form of child abuse, Parental Alienation Syndrome. 

This might give you a laugh, on topic too. 

My brother found a flimsy shirt of his wifes with tiny speghetti straps instead of arms...my wife calls them a Cami...i have no idea why..there is like a built in boob shelf so they can be worn without a bra...anyways, my brother finds this in the dryer and promptly accuses his wife of using these "crotchless panties" without him...so who is she cheating on him with, et cetera..fight ensues...she declares she is leaving him, but at the end of that argument she takes the 'crotchless panties' out of his hands and turns it right side up and holds it as it would be worn, a shirt, and shows him it was a shirt the whole time...calls him a complete moron and follows through with leaving him.

They have been 'at war' in the courts every since. His daughter just got married and so he is off the hook for child support now, lol...we always called him Dumb, but this was a new high in his becoming the complete idiot. rofl

• Huggy Bear 1

Ok so after looking into things on the Maroon front, he was put on the AHL roster due to the NHL roster being full. Unfortunately there was plenty of time (since draft ended) for @AriGold to see he was in the minors and therefore I can't void the waiver transaction. 

That is how I have to rule it as commissioner. Now if @MeanSeanBean wants to trade him for FC he can do so without a penalty, but under the rules he doesn't have to. 

As for @AriGold I don't want to lose you as a GM. Gained a lot of respect for you over the years, and have always had a blast in your WJC leagues. Hope you understand the ruling. I know its frustrating, but I did put out multiple warning to check rosters as some NHL players were being put in the AHL due to being no room in the NHL. We can't be going through all 32 teams players and making the best roster moves for you guys on top of keeping up with the draft. Roster maintenance is on the GMs, not the Execs, and after EVERY update I said to "make sure there are no errors". Plenty of opportunity to see Maroon was in the AHL.

I get the frustration of losing a guy like Maroon for nothing. I hope you & MSB can work something out, but it's not something I can step in and over rule, sorry. 

@AriGold In GML i swore i sent a offer into Cam York because i sent one to every other draftee from that year and at 7am after the 12am deadline i saw he wasn't on my sheet and addressed that i obviously had a brainfart and as a rebuilding team lossing York would be devastating. Unfortunately even though only a handful of hours had passed there wasn't anything they could do as they felt it would be unfair to the other GMs which sucked but i understood. I had to watch York get re-picked in the first round which sucked even more. Hopefully Maroon isn't the reason you leave man, mistakes happen

• Like 2

On 10/2/2023 at 6:55 PM, Ilunga said:

On August the 7th the Flyers set their Front Office Budget on page 10 in the thread on the old forum as the following  

PLAYER RELATIONS

$40,000,000

MINORS BUDGET 

$20,000,000

SCOUTING DEPARTMENT

$20,000,000

This is the budget I have on the team sheet 🙂

• Thanks 1

The Vancouver Canucks will slide the contract of D Simon Nemec.

Not a move we love to make, but cap is too tight atm to bring him on, and we feel itd be best to have him develop his game a bit more before making the jump. Very excited with what we are seeing from him in training camp this year!

Screenshot_20231004_013820_Chrome.jpg.d5a7097fad49573d88d49d0af075ab05.jpg

EXTENSION

The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed F William Nylander to an 8 year extension.

CONTRACT

8 years $72M ($9M aav)

NMC years 1-6

NTC years 7-8

Ice Hockey Love GIF by NHL

Edited by Gator