GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

Tampa Bay Lightning roster moves pending trade call

Injured Reserve:

Tampa Bay Lightning activate Aaron Ekblad from the IR and place on the active roster

Assignment:

Tampa Bay assigns Philip Broberg & Jonas Rondbjerg to the minors (No Waivers)

Edited by Relyt Krets

On 10/23/2023 at 11:44 AM, Relyt Krets said:

SIGNING: The Dallas Stars image.thumb.png.8f72b373e81764a6ce67b56c1be4feb7.png have agreed to terms with Dakota Mermis on a 2 year deal

image.thumb.png.8f72b373e81764a6ce67b56c1be4feb7.png - Dakota Mermis - 2 years x $4,000,000 ($2,000,000 AAV)

---------------------------------------

KRETSAGENCY.png.40002688a452b733c588b05d84652416.png

Unless injuries play a further role in things you can bet this player spends the majority of the remainder of the season in the minors now. He was a classic example of a player playing well with injuries attacking his club's back end. When he was a free agent I would have seen a contract for one maybe two years in the 800k range as he proved a very good stop gap and could very well play 20 more games in the NHL this season due to injuries. That agent had pictures or something haha.

Not picking on anyone or pretending what I say matters, but this player is an example of bigger picture and temptation to pay the piper to bring him in knowing he has a limited role if at all moving forward. Just an observation I made and looked into when he was a free agent in the negotiation process.

• Upvote 1

• Gator changed the title to [Official] CFFGFL 2023-24 (LAK/TOR AVAILABLE)
19 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Unless injuries play a further role in things you can bet this player spends the majority of the remainder of the season in the minors now. He was a classic example of a player playing well with injuries attacking his club's back end. When he was a free agent I would have seen a contract for one maybe two years in the 800k range as he proved a very good stop gap and could very well play 20 more games in the NHL this season due to injuries. That agent had pictures or something haha.

Not picking on anyone or pretending what I say matters, but this player is an example of bigger picture and temptation to pay the piper to bring him in knowing he has a limited role if at all moving forward. Just an observation I made and looked into when he was a free agent in the negotiation process.

Fair for sure. My situation is that even with Mermis I am short one Dman right now. with no way to fill outside of waiver wire and trades. for me at this time this was a good signing and the overpayment was to ensure we got at the time, our sixth dman signed and on the ice. With Timmins back from injury now I have 7 Dmen once again, but could still use one more. I agree with your points though, i just wanted to make no doubt in the agent or players mind how badly we wanted him. 

Upside is he lives up to the contract or exceeds it and we have a great signing, downside: i overpaid for next years services by 1.2 million give or take. This year really doesnt matter as I have a lot of excess cap that was not going to be used.

thus far 5 points in 13 games is worth what we have paid him.