GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

10 hours ago, AriGold said:

Did I just find an infinite loophole in the system where players choose LAK or ARI that I can trade for players who have either on the trade list ?

Hmmm.. 😆

@Gator @Relyt Krets

just waking up, first cup of coffee, and i don't follow this...what do you mean?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

If that's the case then it is now the world's worst kept secret that he'll be named as an alternate...

This is from our CBA and I interpret this as only being able to change a Captain or Alternate in the off-season. I had looked it up because I have a vacant "C" and "A" lol.

All teams must have 1 captain and 2 alternate captain's. They must be set in the offseason prior to the season opener. If you don't have 1 captain & 2 alternate's selected prior to the season opener, you will NOT be eligible for the captaincy bonus (see 1.4), and will get a level 2 penalty. You will get hit with an additional level 2 penalty for each month your captain's are not set.

39 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

This is from our CBA and I interpret this as only being able to change a Captain or Alternate in the off-season. I had looked it up because I have a vacant "C" and "A" lol.

All teams must have 1 captain and 2 alternate captain's. They must be set in the offseason prior to the season opener. If you don't have 1 captain & 2 alternate's selected prior to the season opener, you will NOT be eligible for the captaincy bonus (see 1.4), and will get a level 2 penalty. You will get hit with an additional level 2 penalty for each month your captain's are not set.

You can set alternates and captains when/if you trade them and have an opening I believe

@Gator please confirm this 

The following players are being made available:

[VGK] Brayden McNabb - NTC (MIN, BUF, NSH, CHI, NJD, MTL, PHI, ANA, LAK, BOS)

[TOR] Calle Järnkrok - NTC (CHI, CBJ, FLA, CGY, OTT, STL, SJS, LAK, NYR, MIN)

[FLA] Kevin Stenlund

[BOS] Jakub Lauko

[NYR] Jonny Brodzinski

[TOR] Mark Giordano

Willing to take on picks, prospects, and roster players in return.  Make me some good offers!

On 9/16/2023 at 3:35 AM, Gator said:

You can only set/change your captain's once per year, and it has to be done any time in the offseason prior to the start of the season. 

If you trade them away at any point of the season you will not be eligible for their boost.

@Relyt Krets @Rick Blight

You cannot change captain's mid season. Captain's can only be announced in offseason due to boosts. It's done this way to prevent teams from changing captain's simply to maximize their boost at the end of the year. 

WAIVERS:

Nick DeSimone [CGY] has cleared waivers

The Detroit Red Wings [Priority 5] have claimed Sam Carrick off of waivers from the Los Angeles Kings

The Pittsburgh Penguins [Priority 25] have claimed William Lagesson off of waivers from the Los Angeles Kings

Edited by Relyt Krets