GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

Dallas Stars Signed Hockey Puck Giveaway

The Dallas Stars news of the day!

Recently acquired 18 year old netminder Yegor Zavragin has been given the reigns of his VHL league team in the playoffs overseas! The following quote was from a story earlier in March:

Yegor Zavragin has been tasked with saving Yugra Khanty Mansiysk’s season after they fell into a 2-0 hole in the playoffs against HK Tambov.

After losing 2-0 and 4-3 in their first two games, Yugra turned away from 34-year-old Vladimir Sokhatsky and replaced him with the 18-year-old Zavragin. The Flyers prospect has won two of his three appearances since the change, allowing no more than two goals in any of the games.

Yegor has now had 5 playoff games with Yugra in the Second Highest league in Eastern Europe, posting a 1.96 gaa and a .924 save percentage!
he also played in a post season game for his third tier MHL club where he allowed zero goals and notched a 1.000 save percentage. 

Amazing that he had the coaches trust to replace a 34 year old veteran, and then the cool wits to not allow more than 2 goals against in any of the five games. 

Thrilled to have this unsigned NHL Flyers prospect in our system, and looking forward to see if and when he makes his North American debut.

Zavragin was acquired in a deadline deal along with two 2nd round picks for up and coming AHL star Jonatan Berggren in the NHL Red Wings system.

• Desmenko 1

On 3/26/2024 at 10:07 AM, Optimist Prime said:

Waivers: the Dallas Stars waive Joel Edmundson for assignment to the minor league Texas Stars.

On 3/26/2024 at 10:08 AM, Optimist Prime said:

Recall: the Dallas Stars recall Matthew Kessel from the Texas Stars to fill Joel Edmundson's spot. 

Joel Edmundson was placed on waivers as per the post, but unable to be assigned to the minors as this would put you over your minors cap. Therefore the subsequent move of Matthew Kessel being called up was unable to be processed

On 3/29/2024 at 10:41 AM, Optimist Prime said:

I think I made a mistake in that Joel Edmundson likely couldn't go down to the minors as his cap was too high? In any event, I would like Luke Hughes on the big club now, so to fascilitate that, in case i did mess up and he is currently in the minors:

Assignment: the Dallas Stars assign Matthew Kessel  to the Texas Stars. 

Recall: the Dallas Stars recall Luke Hughes from the Texas Stars.

On 3/26/2024 at 10:06 AM, Optimist Prime said:

Assignment: the Dallas Stars assign Matthew Kessel  to the Texas Stars. 

Recall: the Dallas Stars recall Luke Hughes from the Texas Stars.

Duplicate moves, with the move on 3/26/24 being processed already

On 3/29/2024 at 10:47 AM, Optimist Prime said:

I found a solve for my bad math of the other day:

Assignment: the Dallas Stars assign Matthew Phillips  to the Texas Stars.

Recall: the Dallas Stars recall Aku Raty from the Texas Stars.

NOW Joel Edmundson can be assigned to the minors from his waivers. please and thank you. Sincere Apologies on my failure to math. 

If this all works out, we should then be able to recall Matthew Kessel (he was just sent down to bring up Luke Hughes ten minutes ago) and all is well in my world. I think this is a good solve and I won't mess around with them anymore. SO sorry for the extra work. I hadn't considered Edmundson's large contract. 

The assignment of Matthew Phillips and recall of Aku Raty still does not permit enough cap space for Edmundson to be assigned to the minors as it would still put you over the Minors Cap. With that, again I am unable to process Matthew Kessel being recalled

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 4:26 PM, Rusty Shackleford said:

Washington Capitals waive Tyson Barrie and Emil Bemstrom for assignment to Hershey.  We call up Adam Erne, Jordan Oesterle and Jack Matier and Aiden McDonough

I processed the call ups in the order of which they were typed, which meant that you were not able to call up Aidan McDonough as you currently have a full roster of 23

Waivers

The Buffalo Sabres (Priority 5) have claimed Emil Bemstrom off waivers from the Washington Capitals

• Backdated to March 28/24

The Following players have cleared waivers

• DAL - Joel Edmundson & Oskar Sundqvist
  • WSH - Tyson Barrie & Jarred Tinordi

4 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

Standings Update

image.png.09617663e2521fec6f7985d2b9e50a6e.png

Playoff Outlook

image.thumb.png.1874fcf8fa8c195d7e8b2a1fc3293a2a.png

Remember there will be captain boosts given out at the conclusion of the final regular season games that may effect the seeding.

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Remember there will be captain boosts given out at the conclusion of the final regular season games that may effect the seeding.

Do we have projections?

image.png.a805c8aa3623130c2948758cc58ac879.png

Dallas Stars third line Right Winger, Jakob Silfverberg has announced he will retire from the GFL at the end of this season, next week, in order to finish his career back in the SHL in his native Sweden. Jakob was the league leading point scorer the year before his North American debut where he scored 19 points in 48 games with the Ottawa Senators back in 2012-13.

When we selected him in the Inaugural Draft it was with the intention of enjoying his professional stylings for one or two more seasons, so this has caught the Front Office a little off guard, however we are happy to have had Jakob for the opening season of this young league. 

Thus far in his NHL career Jakob has 168 goals, 373 assists spanning 817 games before this evening, and is likely to finish with 820 NHL games under his belt. 

After tonight he will have two games remaining, on the road in LA tomorrow and finally in Vegas for the final night of the regular season. 
Silfverberg has 7 goals and 12 assists in 79 games leading into tonight's tilt, and has earned a GFL salary this year of 5.25 million, he returns to Sweden for glory in the SHL for his 34th year on earth, and we wish him all the best of successes as he ends up a brilliant career on his own terms. Thank you Jakob Silfverberg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

Just a note for the playoffs. All playoff teams are required to set their rosters before the first game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs is underway. Reminder you can set your team within the roster parameters (23 players - 13/14 F - 7/8 D) reminder as well we only allow you to set 1 starting goalie, with the other (if applicable) will be on your bench. Lastly, important to note please name all your "black aces" these players are only eligible to be called up in between rounds as no call up's are permitted mid round.

Any questions let me or Gator know

From the CBA: Re backup goalies in playoffs 

The only difference is you can only use 1 "starting" goalie per playoff round. You can only activate your backup goalie if your starter gets hurt, and you have the minimum budget requirement met in your "medical/training facility" to do so. see section 6.4

• Thanks 1

Florida is very proud and excited to have 20 of their players representing their IRL teams in the playoffs:

Morgan Barron

Sam Carrick

Cal Clutterbuck

Ross Colton

Adam Henrique

Keegan Kolesar

Elias Lindholm

Brad Marchand

J.G Pageau

Sam Reinhart

Pius Suter

Yakov Trenin

Simon Holmstrom

Grigori Denisenko

Ian Cole

Jani Hakanpaa

Jack Johnson

Niko Mikkola

Igor Shesterkin

Spencer Martin

Best of luck go you all, and hoping for an Isles upset!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

image.png.5a39f26ff42c7489020a9008e0e5d60f.png                                                                   

CALGARY FLAMES PLAYOFF ROSTER - ROUND 1 (and only round)

LW Jason Zucker - C Brock Nelson - RW Phillip Danault

LW Cole Smith - C Zachary L'Heureux - RW Kenny Connors

LW - John Doe - C Joe Schmuck - RW John Badspeed

LW - Willie Play - C Mite Play - RW Ivan Woofwoof

LD - Parker Wotherspoon - RD - Matt Dumba

LD - Samuel Bolduc RD - Alexandre Carrier

LD - Ville Heinola RD - Graham Sward

SPARES: Simon Forsmark

Jeremy Hanzel

Starting Goalie - Joseph Woll

Back-up Goalie - Remi Poirier

Black Aces - Nil, None and Zilch

@Relyt Krets

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Like 1

Winnipeg Jets (1972–1996) - Wikipedia

Winnipeg Jets

Round 1 Roster

Nick Cousins - Anthony Cirelli - Tom Wilson

Mikey Eyssimont - Anton Lundell - Mason Appleton

Teddy Blueger - Jordan Staal - Brandon Duhaime

Mavrik Bourque - Phillip Tomasino

Shea Theodore - Jacob Trouba

Alexander Romanov - Brandon Carlo

Ryan Ufko

Connor Hellebuyck

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

BEST LINEMATES EVER!

Round 1 roster of the Utah Coyotes of Latter Day Saints

Phil Di Giuseppe - Connor McDavid - Ryan Lomberg

Arthur Kaliyev - Sean Monahan - Cody Glass

Justin Sourdif - Ruslan Ishakov

Victor Hedman - Samuel Girard

OEL - Jeremy Lauzon

Tobias Bjornfot - Filip Johansson

Thatcher Demko

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

spacer.png

Blues playoff roster:

Jarvis - Draisaitl - Necas

Jeannot - Domi - Goodrow

Perfetti - Faksa - Rempe

Landeskog - Brazeau - Reaves

Richard, Hamblin

Pietrangelo - Whitecloud

Ceci - Martinsen Lilleberg

Starter: Andersen

Backup: Pickard

Black Aces: Toninato, Koepke, McLaughlin, Pavel, Dalpe, Bokk, Nybeck, Torgersson, Trikozov

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Trades will be permitted at the conclusion of the 3rd round of the playoffs. Feel free to discuss trades in the meantime, but you cannot submit them to the league until then.

Also there may be a slight change to when the draft will be held, but format will remain the same. Keep an eye out for an announcement regarding that.

Edited by Gator

Optimist Prime
This post was recognized by Optimist Prime!

"For your longstanding contributions to the Fantasy Forums section of both CDC and our new home on the CFF."

Relyt Krets was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 50 points.

Standings Update

Screenshot2024-04-1719_28_33.png.0389072fbf48d043d95fa09d38a8be6d.png

Screenshot2024-04-1719_28_51.png.245340ff441f5732ee43fb344b9ac834.png

Playoff Picture

Some movement in the Central with the St. Louis Blues bringing it on late. But these will be your 16 teams for the inaugural GFL season. Congrats to all 16 teams

Screenshot2024-04-1719_22_47.thumb.png.712613529889f07f450c0eb3d96f8257.png

All Teams in playoffs can now start posting their playoff rosters. As mentioned on Discord (but for those not on Discord) here is what I posted earlier

Spoiler

Hey all, with the teams now set irl, teams who are in the playoffs may now start posting their playoff rosters in thread.

I will be doing updates tonight (including standings) for you all. I believe we are close to set as well now! Playoff rosters will roll over on Friday night/Saturday morning on fantrax. Please note that the sheets will not reflect the playoff rosters. There is no cap. And players do not require waivers (so players who may have required waivers can be black aces)

Reminder again players who are black aces cannot be called up until between rounds.

Rosters will need to be reposted every round for the teams that move on.

And finally, be sure to show who you starting goalie is so there is no confusion.

Again any questions ask away!

So I need playoff rosters posted from the following teams (If you have done so please ignore). Failure to post a playoff roster will mean your team will not accumulate points until you have posted.

AZ - @Bounce000

COL - @Thrago

WPG - @arby18

STL - @Master Mind // @Phil The Thrill

LAK - AriGold

CHI - @Patrick Kane

CGY - @Rick Blight

VGK - @Lethunder

TBL - @Relyt Krets

PIT - @Miss Korea

OTT - @Robert Paulson

FLA - @Herberts Vasiljevs

CBJ - @ArtemChubarov

MTL - @Mike Vanderhoek

CAR - @Down By the River

PHI - @Ilunga / @Aladeen

Houdini for Celebrini

Screenshot2024-04-1719_49_08.png.746a766d9698ed592b604da1f4828872.png

Screenshot2024-04-1719_49_24.png.a01ad8e5239971e3e0c8226d5d94aa32.png

For reference the teams that these teams will match up to (As of tonight, subject to change)

1 - SJS

2 - CHI

3 - ANA

4 - CBJ

5 - UTA

6 - MON

7- OTT

8 - SEA

9- CGY

10 - NJD

11 - BUF

12 - PHI