GFL 2023-24 (Multiple Openings - Apply Within)

Gator

Minnesota will place a claim on Pat Maroon. I'll make roster make roster moves tomorrow to end my ELC players down to the minors and bring up waiver players.

Any tips on figuring out who and who's now waiver eligible? I noticed on capfriendly there's a green mark besides some players saying they are exempt. Am I just making sure a player has that green mark?

10 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

Columbus Blue Jackets 2023-2024 Season Preview: Erik Gudbranson

SIGNING: The New York Rangers  New York Rangers - Wikipedia have agreed to terms with Erik Gudbranson on a 2 year contract

Erik Gudbranson - 2 years x $3,500,000 ($1,750,000 AAV)

@Canuck Surfer Please create a roster space for Erik Gudbranson otherwise he will automatically be placed on waivers in 24 hours

KRETSAGENCY.png.36ab881e896dfe3071aba5d325623450.png

Thanks heaps;

NYR assign D Mason Lohrei

NYR recall D Erik Gudbranson

Next move; wait for a guy we know is injured to go on IR

11 hours ago, Relyt Krets said:

Columbus Blue Jackets 2023-2024 Season Preview: Erik Gudbranson

SIGNING: The New York Rangers  New York Rangers - Wikipedia have agreed to terms with Erik Gudbranson on a 2 year contract

image.thumb.png.7995332f74679153a6d26a5a6d39a276.png

Potential opening night roster with Koivula & Gudbranson added;

Tyler Bertuzzi  Niklas Backstrom Jonathan Marchessault 

Cam Atkinson    Logan Cooley            T.J. Oshie

Anders Lee        Marco Rossi          Ty Dellandrea

Tanner Pearson   Rasmus Kupari       Nils Hoglander

Matt Martin        Otto Koivula

Joel Edmundson  Cale Makar                                                         Competing for an IR spot; Joel Edmundson 🤕

Brandt Clarke   Erik Johnson

T         Brock Faber  Erik Gudbranson  

Nils Lundqvist

Cam Talbot

Spencer Knight

Guys actively competing for a roster spot, expected to get call ups during season and could surprise?

Wing;      Alex Steeves, Egor Sokolov, Brett Berard 

Center;   Jamieson Reese, Fedor Svechkov, Conor Zary,   

Defense; Artemi Knyazev, Mason Lohrei

Goalie;    Justus Annunen, Olivier Rodrigue

ELC slides; C Matthew Poitras, C Francesco Arturi

Unsigned draftees, bolded who may sign & play this year;

Wing;         Danila Yurov, Nikita Grebyonkin,  Dmitri Rashevsky

Center;       

Defense;   Scott Morrow, Tristan Luneau, Adam Engstrom, Bogdan Konyushkov, Frederic Brunet,  Kasper Kulonummi

Goalie;        Sergei Murashov

Edited by Canuck Surfer

7 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Minnesota will place a claim on Pat Maroon. I'll make roster make roster moves tomorrow to end my ELC players down to the minors and bring up waiver players.

Any tips on figuring out who and who's now waiver eligible? I noticed on capfriendly there's a green mark besides some players saying they are exempt. Am I just making sure a player has that green mark?

If the player's name is in italics they do not need to be protected. All others would be eligible to be claimed if not on the NHL roster.

image.png.cbf1a2dfc7b09031c87ae8e10415b4df.png

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Tank 1

7 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Sharing my "whole lot of extra" with the league so some newer folks have an idea of at least how one GM does things and keeps track. 

I build one of these sheets for each of my fantasy keeper leagues and track everything important to the league format, like wiaver ineligibility, it drops each year and drops with each NHL game played, but generally there are tiers to the ages, thus tracking age and b-days too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xhn_V3YHaya2E-tRK0SVmWomZykKKD_ecD71ILYApHg/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the chart from the CBA on waiver requirements:

Waiver Eligibility Thresholds
Skaters:
22 or younger - 150gp
23-24 - 100gp
25-26 - 50gp
Goalies:
22 or younger - 80gp
23-24 - 65gp
25-26 - 30gp
  • Tank 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

300+] Dallas Stars Pictures | Wallpapers.com

Current Opening Night Lineup: 

Forsberg, Hertl, Terry

Bergrenn, Byfield, Raddysh

Howden Holmberg, Silfverberg

Pezzetta, Aman, Duehr

Hughes, Jones

Nurse, Timmins

Lindell, Raddysh

Gustavsson

Vejmelka

Extra Skaters

Carlsson, Kastelic, Hagg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

As it was posted on discord, @MeanSeanBean team was missed on the original list (error on my part). With that and Bean being a new GM to FH, we will be giving him the chance to make the rosters moves needed

With that said, @MeanSeanBean will have until noon today to make those moves, and once those moves have been made, we will do one of the following

1. If no new waivers from Minnesota roster, will process the mass waivers from noon yesterday.

2. If new players placed on waivers, will extend the waiver window another 24 hours

Option 2 will make it so that teams don't use their claim on the mass claim and potentially miss out on something other

Apologies for the inconvenience

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

The Flyers set their Front office Budget.

Player Relations 

$40,000,000 

Minors  

$10,000,000 

Scouting Department

$30,000,000 

Second Assistant Captain

Pavel Zacha 

Unfortunately I am unable to process this as the deadline was OCT 1st to make any changes

1 hour ago, Relyt Krets said:

@Miss Korea Please make a roster move to accommodate this deal or risk  Duclair and Walker going on waivers automatically in 24 hours

Yes sir!  The Penguins send down Simon Holmstrom and Jakub Lauko down the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.  Say hi to Jim and Pam for me!

Edited by Miss Korea
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Yes sir!  The Penguins send down Simon Holmstrom and Jakub Lauko down the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.  Say hi to Jim and Pam for me!

I have a Dunder Miflin paper scheaf box that came empty, donated to Habitat for Humanity, where I gave of my time for five years...after we accepted it, i had the boss price it and i bought it to bring home...So awesome. hehe.

I have a question about something i read in the CBA. How does penalties for AHL players work? Does every player on your roster have to be a full time NHL player. If you think there's a chance an AHL guy will come up and down or get NHL time can he be on your roster?